You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Stacey
 Rep: 31 

Re: Respect

Stacey wrote:

Hey guys. This started as a reply to johndivney's comment in the Tom Hanks thread 17 : http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 98#p246698

Is everything with you guys about "fucking" girls?? Why can't you settle for a little more tact and not referring to a girl as a "tight pu$$y"?? This was done more than once by more than one member in Bono's age difference thread: http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=12090&p=1

I'm not the only lady on this site. We deserve to not have to look through at your degrading comments.

Also - please ask Russ, I'm nowhere near conservative in any sense, but I do expect a certain amount of respect. There's a way to talk in a public forum, and there's a way to talk in your buddy's garage over beers. Use your judgment.

I'm not asking you to censor yourself for my sake, or for anyone else's sake for that matter. I'm just sick and tired of clicking on a thread and seeing replies from certain members that I know I won't want to read because it will make me cringe. It makes the site unenjoyable for me, and I'm not down with that.

I really generally like the limited internet friendship I have with most of you, so I just feel like this is something you can and should consider in your future posts...

Let me know what you think, please. Call me out if you think I'm wrong. I can take it. big_smile

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'll support you on this one.  I ignore it, but obviously I don't take it quite as personally as a woman might.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I can see what your'e saying Stacy. I'm nto one for using that type of language when it comes to women. never have been. I may laugh at a comment or reply toa  comment but rarely if ever do I persoanlly refer to women of any age as pussy or how I'd like to fuck them. I mean I can't even say things like that about a celebrity crush. It just sounds fake coming from me.

However, even though I see your point I'm a  bit torn, as we are on a  Guns N' Fuckin' Roses website where the overwhelming majority of members are male. It's not a gentleman's club by any means.

Hmmmmm.... interesting topic.

Stacey

Stacey wrote:
Bono wrote:

It's not a gentleman's club by any means.

It sounds like it in here some days...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Stacey

Stacey wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
Stacey wrote:
Bono wrote:

It's not a gentleman's club by any means.

It sounds like it in here some days...

I have a feeling Bono mean the literal description of "gentleman" and you're meaning the places on 8 Mile. smile

Oh I most certainly took it as the places on 8 Mile... Lol. Whoopsiiiiieeeeee

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

ummmm...men are pigs?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Just saw this thread, and I think I contributed to the Taylor Swift thread with exactly what you're talking about. So apologies in advance Stacey.

Although in my defense, this place does feel like a bit of a boys club.
And considering the band this page is for (Guns N' Fucking Roses), who in my mind are the epitome of everything macho and male testosterone-driven about rock n roll, so I tend to use more colourful language than I probably should... 16

Edit. Just look at the background art of this site too. I'd think the robot rape scene would be enough to scare away most women from here, let alone some men beating their chests with some tongue in cheek sexist remarks.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Well said Stacey. I am a guy and I cringe when guys start with that kind of macho shit. I'm not a fan of it either.

Board footer