You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: 1 year

Aussie wrote:

The new members of the band are the ones that I feel most for out of this whole saga.  They have put in a huge amount of work and effort yet they simply have to roll with the punches and hope it turns out ok sooner rather than later.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: 1 year

buzzsaw wrote:
Saikin wrote:

I'm going to throw out a thought that occured to me while reading through a few of these posts...

People bring up how they wish he would be more open with communication and talk to his fanbase way more.  I fully dissagree.  I'm from the idea that less communication is more.  It builds up the anticipation, the excitement, and gets people talking more.

Less communication is only more when you're actually trying to build the excitement for something that is actually coming.  Less communication and no indication at all that we'll ever see it much less see it soon is a horrible marketing idea.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:  All Axl has going for him now is the curiosity factor. 

Once that's gone, if the album isn't fantastic, the new band will never be anything but a touring cover band (like they are now).  There will be no second chances and absolutely no holy trilogy that people still keep bringing up for some reason.  If this album fails, the band not only fails, it's finished as a recording entity.  This is why we don't have it yet, this is why we won't have it any time soon.  Releasing CD = the end of Axl's vision of Guns N' Roses = Axl's only choice going forward is reunion or starting all over as a solo artist...why would he be in a hurry to do that?

Board footer