You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Robman
 Rep: 5 

Re: 1 year

Robman wrote:

so its been  a year and a day now since Axl said he was laying down final vocals and announced his tentative March release date.

What the hell happened?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Well, its been about 5 years and 3 months since he said track sequencing and the cover art was ready.

Its just more of the same. We are only told positive things when they need it to fit their agenda.

We wont hear anything else until they attempt another tour. Mark my words. If it takes 3 more years for another tour, it will be silent for 3 years.

This band has established a pattern since the post Slash era, and thats why it was so easy to predict a silent era approaching in 07.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

The most irritating thing is he said we'd be told if there were any more delays, is 9 months after the March 6th date not considered a significant enough delay to tell people about?

Robman
 Rep: 5 

Robman wrote:

he obviously had no plan of releasing it anytime after the march date, or he would have give an update.

A Private Eye wrote:

The most irritating thing is he said we'd be told if there were any more delays, is 9 months after the March 6th date not considered a significant enough delay to tell people about?

but remember what MSL said.. Axl was going to start communicating more openly but doesn't like all the negativity that comes out of everytime he does speak.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

but remember what MSL said.. Axl was going to start communicating more openly but doesn't like all the negativity that comes out of everytime he does speak.

While the fan backlash in late 06 was warranted, I do agree that the backlash after his statement was not. People were freaking out minutes after he made the statement.

The fanbase forced him against the wall of "If I talk people bitch, if I don't talk people bitch", and he decided to jump over that wall and go home.

I'm not excusing the ridiculous wait, but when looking at it in the context of early 07 fan reaction to what he said, you can see why the current approach has been implemented.

I still think we are in for a silent period anyways.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I believe that open communication wouldn't draw negativity if it's honest and direct.  The fact that some of the things he's said has misled the fan base (whether intentional or not) does not bode well for his cause.  If Axl came out tomorrow and gave us the exact reason why CD has been delayed umpteen times and gives a legitimate expected release date (if one exists), there would be little to no negativity.  Sure, we'd have people who'd bitch and moan about the reasons and blame everything on Axl, but for the most part we'd accept it as sincere and move on.  News on the entire saga would be better than what we have now, no matter how shitty it is.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Backslash wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I believe that open communication wouldn't draw negativity if it's honest and direct.  The fact that some of the things he's said has misled the fan base (whether intentional or not) does not bode well for his cause.  If Axl came out tomorrow and gave us the exact reason why CD has been delayed umpteen times and gives a legitimate expected release date (if one exists), there would be little to no negativity.  Sure, we'd have people who'd bitch and moan about the reasons and blame everything on Axl, but for the most part we'd accept it as sincere and move on.  News on the entire saga would be better than what we have now, no matter how shitty it is.

Right, I think the reaction right after the letter was more positive than not.  Given, there was also a large contingent of "I'll believe it when I see it" as well, but I think it was more positive than not.  Then as his tentitive release date got closer and none of the proper promotion and other things that he mentioned had started to happen, and there weren't really updates things turned negative quick. 

When I first read the open letter, I looked at everything he said and thought it made sense as things that need to me done before a proper release.  People (I myself was one of them) started doing the math and noticing that March was pretty impossible given all the parameters that Axl had mentioned.  So why did he even throw the date out there?  That was where the negativity came out for me, it seemed like he had to know it was bullshit when he wrote it, even though he went out of his way to say it was only tentitive.

That's why I tend to agree with Backslash, just be honest about what's going on, and I think for the most part people can reason it out as making some sort of sense.

Unless your reasoning is something like an old woman telling you the air doesn't smell right for a cd release this month.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
Backslash wrote:

Right, I think the reaction right after the letter was more positive than not.  Given, there was also a large contingent of "I'll believe it when I see it" as well, but I think it was more positive than not.  Then as his tentitive release date got closer and none of the proper promotion and other things that he mentioned had started to happen, and there weren't really updates things turned negative quick. 

When I first read the open letter, I looked at everything he said and thought it made sense as things that need to me done before a proper release.  People (I myself was one of them) started doing the math and noticing that March was pretty impossible given all the parameters that Axl had mentioned.  So why did he even throw the date out there?  That was where the negativity came out for me, it seemed like he had to know it was bullshit when he wrote it, even though he went out of his way to say it was only tentitive.

That's why I tend to agree with Backslash, just be honest about what's going on, and I think for the most part people can reason it out as making some sort of sense.

Unless your reasoning is something like an old woman telling you the air doesn't smell right for a cd release this month.

not only that hes saying that he wont communicate with an already hostile fan base because they are hostile...well the reason the fanbase became hostile in the first place is the lack of communication, this excuse is just another way for the blame to be placed on someone elses shoulders, as for the march 6th date....i knew it was a crock of shit the first time i read it, and i think i made my feelings clear on the matter at a few forums...i seem to recall that people told me to "shut the fuck up and go away" or something along those lines, well look now nearly a year removed from march 6th and still no followup, go figure...i guess this current slient period is my fault for spotting the bluff...sorry guys (and gals) if i didnt post then we'd prolly have CD by now tongue

it was a pretty logical thing to spot though, when did that letter come out? like a week before xmas or something? and then 8 weeks after it was turned in, so write offf 8 weeks back from march 6th gives you the 9th of january and nobocdy was gonna do shit from the 20th of dec to the 2nd of january....he gave himself only a week to wrap everythign up...it just wasnt gonna happen, i cant beleive so many people believed it would hmm and i knew that they would be pissed when mar 6 came and went, but it happened and now we're still waiting...i hope this is the year though but i cant make myself egt at all hopeful cuz i thought 06 was definately the year with all the activity, and after the open letter came out i knew mar 6 was BS but i figured that by summer we may have seen it, now i'm like, "whatever, it'll be out someday" *shugs shoulders*

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

He's silent because he doesn't give a shit about us. That's obvious to me. I'm done defending him. I did that up until 06. I don't need to be made a fool over and over again.

Board footer