You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

Re: Soundgarden Discussion (King Animal out NOW!)

jorge76 wrote:

Thanks alot fellas!  I can't wait to check this mother out.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I wont be on again today, but I'll be listening to the album on repeat all night. I'll post a short review tomorrow giving my first thoughts on each song from the album. Everyone else should do the same here. We've been salivating for a new SG album forever and I'm looking forward to ALL your thoughts on this potential masterpiece.

Even before the reunion I said I'd prefer a new SG album over a Chinese Democracy followup any day of the week, so you can imagine my excitement to dive into this album.

edit: To those only checking the last page of this thread from clicking on the main index, a mediafire link to the album is on the previous page.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Wow.. still coming to terms with the fact that a new SG album is now out there

Have had 2 full run throughs and will post a full review in the next 48 hours.. looking forward to others views

Early impressions are we have another masterpiece that sits comfortably next to their last 3... all the elememts are there and there are some truly stunning peaks - elated!

Lomax wrote:

I'm on my 3rd listen of King Animal.
It feels like a debut album. Perfect is a big dumb word not really applicable here but the word "Sincere" describes it perfectly. These guys mean every note. You can tell that they aren't phoning this in they're still pushing their boundaries.
They're al in extremely good form. I have never heard such a pure tone from a non trained voice as Cornells performance on "Rowing".  The riffs are excellent and still have that "How did they think of that?" quality to them.

The album makes Audioslave 1 feel like a bad dream, and keep in mind that at the time, that album was considered a very good dream.

How is this possible in 2012?

Jesus Blood Dries on the Valley Floor is amazing.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

In the middle of my 2nd listen, and still digesting it. On first listen, I'm blown away at how much I'm NOT thinking about how long it's been since they've been together. It seriously feels like they just picked back up and continued their tradition of exploring new feels on each album while maintaining their overall dark and biting base. Not sure if that makes sense to anyone, but there it is. smile

I need more time to start calling out individual tracks.

smoke

smoke wrote:

Out of left field.... Anyone else think Tom Waits could cover Rowing? He just popped in my head immediately the first time I heard it. Amazing song- Cornell is sick.

smoke

smoke wrote:

For SiriusXM subscribers:
Pearl Jam Radio on SiriusXM (Ch. 22) will be celebrating the release of the first new Soundgarden album in 15 years, King Animal, by airing a radio special that includes music spanning Soundgarden's career, songs from the new album, and an exclusive interview with Kim and Matt by Mike McCready and Stone Gossard of Pearl Jam.  Be sure to tune in on Friday November 9th at 6PM ET / 3PM PT.  More info and broadcast times here: http://www.siriusxm.com/pearljamradio

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Looks like I missed it sad

smoke

smoke wrote:
misterID wrote:

I can hit you up in the AM if someone doesn't beat me to it.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
smoke wrote:
misterID wrote:

I can hit you up in the AM if someone doesn't beat me to it.

I missed it too.

I have every intention of buying this album, but an advance preview would be nice for whoever is willing to share... 5

Board footer