You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: Velvet Revolver to Reunite in 2013 Says Weilamd

Saikin wrote:

It appears as though Scott Weiland is vying to become the new "hardest working man in show business." He foresees 2013 as a year in which he will be juggling his solo career with a possible Velvet Revolver reunion. And as reported this week, next spring will see his marriage to photographer Jamie Wachtel.

In a prelude to that flurry of activity, the singer will launch a five-date U.S. tour on November 25th in Glenside, Pennsylvania. "As far as making music and creating art, I'm extremely excited that I have found a way, with the people I work with in my solo band, to be able make money, and we've done so on tours with the east coast and the west coast," Weiland tells Rolling Stone. "Whereas before, when it was with my first record or my second solo album, we were losing money or barely breaking even . . . And you have to realize, touring is how we make a living now.

"It's not like country music in Nashville or for certain people in hip-hop and R&B. In rock & roll, we have to tour. It's kind of back to the old sort of vaudeville thing. The fact that we've been able to do this is amazing, and the whole plan is to bring this to the world stage. And now, we're going into Latin America and South America. It's just growing. That was my dream from the beginning, and now it's being realized."

In addition to live work, Weiland hopes that his solo band – which now goes by the name of Scott Weiland and the Wildabouts – will get to work on a new studio album. "I would probably say yes, it will get started in 2013. That's one of the great things of owning your own studio. Along with my guitar player-keyboard player-computer programmer, Doug Grean, the crazy scientist – he's a brilliant person and someone that has been one of my best friends for many years. And, ironically, someone that I met on my first day that I ever went to rehab, when I was 23 years old. His brother was my roommate. So we've been friends for a very long time . . . The guys in my band are amazing."

It sounds as though Weiland is equally excited about revisiting Velvet Revolver. "I am completely open to it, and I know there are other guys in the band that are completely open to it. There have been some things that have stood in the way that aren't anything that have to do with the band – just other players, whether it be agents . . . But now we're sorting through things, and we want to start writing for some big film opportunities that have come our way, and try to set things up the way we set things up when we initially got together.

"I think it's the perfect time for Velvet Revolver to get back together," he continues. "Slash has done some great things, and I look forward to the opportunity to seeing him on my left and seeing Duff McKagan – who, in my opinion, is without a doubt one of the greatest rock & roll and punk rock bass players of all time. And is still in amazing shape – is more ripped than just about any 25-year-old on the planet. And with Matt [Sorum] and Dave [Kushner] as well, who are just incredible musicians. I think that's exciting to look forward to. It's the old cliché, 'If the gods of rock want it to happen, then it will.'"

That said, Stone Temple Pilots appear to be taking a breather. "I think we kind of overplayed ourselves by playing the same set over and over," says Weiland. "I think the band needs to take some time off and be creative again. I always felt that our creativity and the growth we made within making records as artists was equally as important as we were as a live band. The transformation from Core to where we ended up before we took that time off, when I started with Velvet Revolver, was enormous. I think we need to get back to that. I don’t think that touring consistently with a greatest hits package gets you anywhere. It diminishes things."

In his downtime, Weiland has been inspired by the play of his beloved Notre Dame Fighting Irish football team. "Notre Dame just won 38-0. So they're 11-0, and all they have to do is beat USC next week in Los Angeles, and hope that either Kansas State or Oregon loses, and they'll be playing in the national championship game." At the moment, everything appears to be going Weiland's way.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ … z2Cu5k6MWp
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I wonder how 21 feels about this concept. Scott seems to pulling all of this stuff out there. Hope it works out for him. I heard a few songs off the recent STP album and it was interesting.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

God please let it happen

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Didn't Slash already respond to similar comments when Weiland blabbed something about a VR reunion not too long ago. Slash said something along the lines of "he'd never be in a band with Scott again" or something like that.

The only way I'd welcome a VR reunion, is if they returned to the heavy guitar style of Contraband.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Drugs are bad

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Didn't Slash already respond to similar comments when Weiland blabbed something about a VR reunion not too long ago. Slash said something along the lines of "he'd never be in a band with Scott again" or something like that.

The only way I'd welcome a VR reunion, is if they returned to the heavy guitar style of Contraband.

I think he'd do it again.  He's had a great solo run, Myles will probably want to go back to Alter Bridge, and that frees Slash to do VR again. 

I'd like to hear Weiland do something heavy again.  And see him kick ass again.  I may forgive him for the Christmas album is he's part of another Contraband style album.  One can hope. 

Plus, it would be nice to hear Slash in a band atmosphere again.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Metalex is right....back in may scott said something pretty similar and at that stage slash responded:

"He's out of his mind. There's been a common rumour going around, I know that he's been positive on that subject. Maybe they know something I don't know. I have absolutely no intention of going back to that…We have no intention of going backwards."

However where there's smoke there's fire.

Scott is a bit of a junkie and all - but I can't see him continually making reunion talk without something driving it - I'd suggest maybe he's been talking with Duff/Dave about patching it up. I'm wondering if maybe they're waiting to "pitch" it to slash once they have some cool stuff jamming or something.

These days seems Conspirators is Slash's primary band, and it's clearly getting his A work with riffs and solos, but maybe he could do VR as a side project while myles is busy with alterbridge.

I think VR is capable of more than they did, so I'd welcome it.

Although - i still think Myles should have just been made singer - then they could cover all GNR, VR and Slash songs...would have been amazing.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Gibbo wrote:

Drugs are bad

...mkay? 16

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Gibbo wrote:

Drugs are bad

...mkay? 16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Better come to Australia if they do reunite...fuckers cancelled the libertad show.

Board footer