You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: Jason Newsted: 'It's Taken Me 12 Years To Get Over Metallica

Gibbo wrote:

Jason Newsted: 'It's Taken Me 12 Years To Get Over Metallica

He was once the bass player for the most high profile heavy metal band in the world. But, after splitting with Metallica back in 2001, it has taken Jason Newsted twelve years to adjust:

"In my time with Metallica I went to every singe pre-show and every single after-show. There was eleven hundred people every week that I would look into their eyes, shake their hands and give them one minute.

"After I got out of Metallica there was all kinds of crazy, heavy emotions that nobody knows about. I did a very serious, reclusive deal: I built a ranch in Montana in the centre of a million acres of nothing. I just said, 'Screw it, man, I'm outta here.'
"It took me 12 years to come back to earth – and here I am. My boots are on the ground and I'm ready to go."

Newsted has revealed that he is working on a solo project, tentatively titled Newsted Heavy Metal: "I have so much music from over the years. I'm just trying to figure out exactly what I want to unleash on everybody first.

"Anybody that cares about what I'm doing, I want to share with them. Everybody else, peace, man! There's room for everybody. But the people that go for it, let's go get it, you know?"

The bassist also pointed out that he got the gig in Metallica back in 1986 because he was a diligent tape trader, something that had impressed drummer Lars Ulrich.

"I had to put one tape at a time in an envelope, and figure out how much it was to Ireland, Spain or whatever. I did it very diligently. That's why Flotsam got to be where they were - and that's actually the very reason I got the gig with Metallica.

"When Lars Ulrich called out to all his contacts my name came out of everyone's mouth: 'This kid is organised.' I got the gig because I tape-traded and I was so committed to sharing the music."

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Gibbo on this basis you should be the new bass player for GNR! No one shares half as much!

Lomax wrote:

Me too Jason. Me too.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Gibbo on this basis you should be the new bass player for GNR! No one shares half as much!

3 3 Sounds like your postie might be sharing your dvds

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Jason's official website - http://newstedheavymetal.com/

Good to see Jason is back. The music at the end of this video sounds pretty cool too.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RussTCB wrote:

Newsted has always seemed like just a good dude. Wishing nothing but good things for him.

Same here! I still think he was treated unfairly in Metallica to begin with.  Hoping his new recordings kick ass. 9

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Hows that Echo Brain working out for u?

What a dummy

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

hell yeah he is.

u are in the BIGGEST band. u tour stadiums, make millions and u give that all up for Echo Brain?

Its the same as these actors on these big hit TV shows that leave early...

just boggles my mind.

U made it to the top....are in a giant successful amazing band... why the hell leave that?

Board footer