You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: GN'R Filming: How is it financed?

misterID wrote:

They film it for the live video portions of the show on the screens.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

Thinking about this more, I wonder if that's one more reason the Use Your Illusion tour lost so much money.  They said they recorded every show, but they never made a cent off those recordings.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

Thinking about this more, I wonder if that's one more reason the Use Your Illusion tour lost so much money.  They said they recorded every show, but they never made a cent off those recordings.

I think that was because Axl liked to throw $100.000 after-show parties. Not to mention the curfew fees.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

I think that was because Axl liked to throw $100.000 after-show parties. Not to mention the curfew fees.

Yeah, those are the reasons normally mentioned (and in places like New York those overtime fees had to have been crazy) but I meant maybe this is something else on top of those things.

At the time I'm sure they thought the filming would turn a profit eventually.  Parties and dumbass fees obviously weren't going to make any money back.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Since this thread is about filming costs etc, I noticed this posted at HTGTH yesterday but was subsequently deleted.  Some dude posted a thread saying a producer is suing Axl for $70,000.  The poster write:

Axl is already saying he's not going to appear at trial since he's scheduled to tour India at that time. This case won't go to trial. Not a jury trial at least for only $70,000 top end damages.

Just thought I would share.

He then got flamed for not being willing to provide a source etc etc  then Beta jumped on and posted this:

Axl is not saying anything. Stop assuming shit. Our dates in India has been arranged months before this court date. This person wished he was a producer. He is owed nothing. He wrote some shitty videos for 09 tour and it was not approved by anyone in this camp. Another one that wants his name in the news. He already received around $70k to start the job, got declined and now he wants the remaining $70.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Interesting. Could be for those videos that were played on screen in certain songs.

To me I assume filming the shows is a cost of doing business of the tour..so fits into the category of like how do they pay for the pro lighting and the fireworks?

I would assume they're going to video anyway to display on screens in the video...so then it's just a matter of saving the footage rather than having a live feed only.

Not saying it's cheap but realisticly HD cameras don't cost too much, and there's people that would crew to get to go on tour for cheap...and I'd expect stuff like the pyro is far more costly.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

So, some guy posted this, the message got deleted and then Betas stuff is kept there???

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
DCK wrote:

So, some guy posted this, the message got deleted and then Betas stuff is kept there???

Well of course, the fuhrer has to work the backstage door to tell people Axl Rose doesn't owe them anything... and by backstage door --

They pay good money to own Jarmo's soul.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Since this thread is about filming costs etc, I noticed this posted at HTGTH yesterday but was subsequently deleted.  Some dude posted a thread saying a producer is suing Axl for $70,000.  The poster write:

Axl is already saying he's not going to appear at trial since he's scheduled to tour India at that time. This case won't go to trial. Not a jury trial at least for only $70,000 top end damages.

Just thought I would share.

He then got flamed for not being willing to provide a source etc etc  then Beta jumped on and posted this:

Axl is not saying anything. Stop assuming shit. Our dates in India has been arranged months before this court date. This person wished he was a producer. He is owed nothing. He wrote some shitty videos for 09 tour and it was not approved by anyone in this camp. Another one that wants his name in the news. He already received around $70k to start the job, got declined and now he wants the remaining $70.

Hang on a minute, he wrote some videos for the 09 tour which wasn't approved but they paid him 70k to start the job? Either you did or didn't commission the job.

Board footer