You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: 2013

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

I just don't see a co-headline deal working out with GN'R ever. .

Wait until the money starts running low Russ..."Momma" will find a way to get his red ass on stage!!!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

I'd be surprised if there isn't a break after Christmas followed by a jaunt through Australia. Didn't we hear something about that, or am I making that up

Yeah, I remember hearing that too, that GN'R would possibly be playing in Melbourne in early 2013.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Don't see anything new on the horizon but I'd be happy if GNR kept up their recent consistency (touring with the odd new cover added, occassional interviews, tweets/facebook shit etc). I don't care that some things don't work out as planned, eg. the 02 stream, cinema release etc, but content enough knowing that the band exists on some level and we're not in another "silent era".

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I try to stay out of stuff like this, but here goes...

Nothing will happen as always, except more touring.

What should happen, a new album worked up based on material WRITTEN BY the current band, with maybe 2-3 hold overs from the vault, and a plan of release for the album set up to drop singles for soundtracks and rock radio by the late Summer/early Fall, with the actual LP happening in either late October or November of next year.

But they won't. It's a nostalgia outfit, plain and simple.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

I call it the Three I's.

Indiana factor it up in the studio.

Have Izzy Stradlin' and Paul Tobias help with the song writing with Axl Rose.

Other than that I doubt anything will happen.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I try to stay out of stuff like this, but here goes...

Nothing will happen as always, except more touring.

What should happen, a new album worked up based on material WRITTEN BY the current band, with maybe 2-3 hold overs from the vault, and a plan of release for the album set up to drop singles for soundtracks and rock radio by the late Summer/early Fall, with the actual LP happening in either late October or November of next year.

But they won't. It's a nostalgia outfit, plain and simple.

This.

As sad as it may seem...

My old evo namesake (Tyler Durden) said it best: "I see all this potential... And I see it squandered"

*Edit*

I was a huge fan of the limitless potential and interesting possibilities with bucket /Brain and robin / finck  in the band... Once they left, all I wanted was to hear the vault full of material they wrote/recorded with Axl.... bumblefoot fortus , dj  and...  frank ...Not so much... But, now... a half decade, and a bunch of fucking shows later,  I'm way more comfortable with their "vibe"....  And I'm almost excited to see what a wild card like dj could bring to the table... It's not like he doesn't have a finger on the pulse of what's happening currently in modern rock.. And he's definitely got a feel for the 21 type shit....

Alas... My confidence that any new music will come to fruition, or that the dozens of leftover CD tracks will ever see the light of day while Uncle Axl still sucks oxygen has reached an all time low... Axlin hit the nail on the head.

Oldies circuit... For as long as Team Brazil is calling the shots... sad

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

LEAST LIKELY SCENARIO
Beta mediates between Axl & Slash to end the feud.
Beta master minds the reunion.
Slash spends 8 months with Axl, Izzy & Duff going through each others vaults.

They find a quiet country mansion and set up a studio.
They complete an album in two weeks.
Its a global smash.
They go out on tour for two years.
Everybody is happy.
The End.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Recent interviews have given me the impression that recording is still how it was a year or two ago: There's vault tracks that need some polishing/re-jigging and there's some new ideas individual members have sent in but haven't been extensively worked on.

If that's the case, you'd expect it would take at least a year for that to happen (probably lots more I know) and then you can bank on 6 months of label prep. So I'd say closest possible timeframe for an album at the moment is mid 2014...and that's if shit got rolling and inspiration kicked in real soon.

So I'd say 2013 will be similar to this year - sporadic shows - hopefully to build a war chest for another project but there's always the possibility it's just to make a living these days.

As for what I'd like them to do: I'd love to see a smaller scale project. I get that an album is a huge ask creatively considering the depth axl puts into stuff. But I'd love to see like 1 track made and sold online, or give it away with show tix, hell, even do a cover if writing is stressful. I'd even settle for a cover EP with sailing and some of those tracks, or even just like a fun-ass jam of 1 song or something. Just to kinda tide us over for a while. Or even a guest spot like Axl did with Baz. Something small scale but that gives the community something to obsess over while we hope for CD2.

Board footer