You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: 2013

Scabbie wrote:

Despite there being no new music or evidence of writing and recording in 2012' GNR has done a better job of pushing the brand by keeping themselves busy and touring extensively. Axl's reputation has somewhat improved through less cancellations, late starts and even television promotion. There is a website (!) and the band seem more cohesive. In the Malibu Mansion, things must have never seemed so good.

The quesion here is where do they go from here? To get the band together and begin recording could throw them back 3-4 years. I suspect to Axl the very thought of entering a recording studio sends a cold shiver down his spine after the complete mess that Chinese democracy was. To the best of our knowledge, the management still has a lot of work to do with the record label, building bridges and gaining their trust, or simply severing their relationship and going alone.

So what are your thoughts and predictions for the next year? If you were managing the band, keeping the band members engaged, fans happy, revenue coming in and the brand alive what would you do next? And if there are lots of old, unfinished songs, new ideas from band members, who will be able to make sense of all that and turn it into something?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Get them in the studio. Lock them in the studio. The whole enterprise will fall apart unless the band members – who got into the music business to make music, are allowed to, y'know, make music. They've turned the current incarnation of the band into a cohesive unit through touring, the Vegas residency has provided a model for future live performances, the band seems to have finally learned the rudiments of promotion (all credit to Team Brazil for that). What's missing now is an album.

For the last five years we've largely been hearing what Robin Finck and Buckethead brought to the table, filtered through DJ and Bumblefoot – I want to hear what Bumblefoot and DJ have to contribute as songwriters. Okay, Bumblefoot has a few solos on Chinese Democracy, but poor old DJ is left covering other people's material. They're talented songwriters. Give them a chance to show it, or this band will never have the respect it deserves.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

They'll be touring with shorter or longer breaks, until late August or September. Then a break till the end of the year. DJ bullshitting about writing for Axl, but no further process. Bumblefoot venting mid-year. Tommy working with Westerberg.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Nothing will happen, only the Lebeis spending Axl money and posting pictures on Instagram proudly doing so.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I'm still suffering from post traumatic shock after their last studio endevour that lasted a mere 10 years or so.

I am still hesitating in saying "get them back into the studio".

My unborn children will hit college before they release the damn thing.

But interesting to see this is what people want, going back to the 10 year studio disaster of the 2000's.

Oh well, maybe it will be different this time.... (Rhianna thought while she gave Chris Brown a blowjob again...)

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Prediction...

No album. No new songs played.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Cause that's just how GNR ROLLS!

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

Prediction...

No album. No new songs played.

You're risking too much, mate. 16

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

With Team Brazil at the helm, the mantra will be "TOUR TOUR TOUR!"
They won't have the patience to let Axl mull over songs for months knowing he (i.e. they)  probably won't make much money from his efforts anyway.

They will keep drawing off this teet until it looks like one you'd see in a Live Aid report.
My prediction is more touring in Russia, Brazil, India etc...all the rising economies, except China of course..

Arena tour of the US possibly or else maybe a co-headline event like Big Four did..

Board footer