You are not logged in. Please register or login.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

Re: McCartney to Front Nirvana Reunion TONIGHT- NEW SONG

smoke wrote:

Hell yeah. One of the few shows that price point wouldn't be a consideration for.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Feels strange to say this with the ridiculous amount of lineup changes in GNR, but I don't consider it Nirvana unless they start playing old Nirvana tunes, to go along with whatever new songs they may have.  And I don't know if I see that happening.  Even if it's like a VR situation and they play a few classic Nirvana tunes, but the majority new, I still don't think I'd consider it Nirvana.  Just another supergroup.  Honestly, the only purpose I can see in labeling it Nirvana is to piss off Courtney Love, and they're well on their way to doing that.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

faldor wrote:

Feels strange to say this with the ridiculous amount of lineup changes in GNR, but I don't consider it Nirvana unless they start playing old Nirvana tunes, to go along with whatever new songs they may have.  And I don't know if I see that happening.  Even if it's like a VR situation and they play a few classic Nirvana tunes, but the majority new, I still don't think I'd consider it Nirvana.  Just another supergroup.  Honestly, the only purpose I can see in labeling it Nirvana is to piss off Courtney Love, and they're well on their way to doing that.

Which I wouldn't have a problem with. She needs to get over herself.

smoke

smoke wrote:

If they do something more together, they either need to stick to stuff they collaborated on (a la Them Crooked Vultures), or throw in songs from both "camps" (Nirvana/Beatles with more emphasis on Nirvana.) That's my guess.

HOWEVER, the thought of seeing a "2012: Reunion/New Lineup" line in Nirvana's wiki's tables of contents kind of gives me awesome chills.

Me_Wise_Magic

Now all we need is dedicated tour dates, a website, and a few new songs in the near future. I think we'll be good to go with that.

smoke

smoke wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

Now all we need is dedicated tour dates, a website, and a few new songs in the near future. I think we'll be good to go with that.

I'll get going on the wiki entry, then! You take care of the rest. big_smile

Me_Wise_Magic

smoke wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

I'll get going on the wiki entry, then! You take care of the rest. big_smile

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I dunno, am I the only one that didn't really hear any Nirvana in that new track... sounded more like something Foo Fighters would cook up

Not sure if created the shitfight over whether it should be called Nirvana... 14

I don't think it should be called that at all, I just thought I heard a few people saying that it sounds like Nirvana, and I was saying I didn't think it did....

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I dunno, am I the only one that didn't really hear any Nirvana in that new track... sounded more like something Foo Fighters would cook up

Not sure if created the shitfight over whether it should be called Nirvana... 14

I don't think it should be called that at all, I just thought I heard a few people saying that it sounds like Nirvana, and I was saying I didn't think it did....

I'm not sure if people are officially labeling it as "Nirvana" or not, but I do know Courtney Love wasn't happy that Paul was playing with the guys from Nirvana.  So apparently she thinks they're trying to be Nirvana.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I still haven't heard it.

Board footer