You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: www.paradisecity.com

Intercourse wrote:

Ladies & Gents,

If you expect a housemaid, her kids and a 50 year old child to suddenly become global marketing webmasters with a strong customer focus and an evolved business strategy you are setting yourselves up for financial, mental and spiritual pain.

This is why I believe there will be no CD II. Real music business people probably look at that set up, the level of entitlement, the arrogance and lack of experience and just push their check books back deep into their pockets.

There just isn't enough money left in the business to risk on this group. Hell, Taylor Swift makes more money than Axl and she's just 24, shows up on time and gives her fans what they want. Plus she has about 20 albums left in her. Why waste time on this shit?

I really, truely admire you guys for hanging in there but you should consider doing the same. When the money stops coming in, sanity may have to be let back into the room and things will get better for everyone (outside the mafia).

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
-D- wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Here's the part I don't get: why are the gnr twitter and facebook accounts promoting the site?  On the surface it looks like something some retarded kid set up in his basement, which makes me think it might really be gnr management's work.

Dude its legit. Trust me

What does that have to do with anything?  It's still a piece of crap website.  I never said it wasn't legit...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Lomax wrote:

I was having at think about the basic psychology at play here with GNR's move to as you said  Russ, charge the fans to join a site a year ago and now have them beg to join the new one.
It looks to me like they want control of the GNR online community.
They're creating these very fancy looking high end sites that people need to pay for or be invited to. They're trying to create an almost "elite community" one that they have control over.  It's the same mentality with night clubs that only let in hot girls and buff guys. It's a form of "social engineering" where GNR are trying to manipulate the online community to put themselves in a power position

Why would they want control?
Because the GNR online community was a deciding factor in the release of CD. The leaks came out, the community (who are GNR's most dedicated fans)  swapped and shared them far and wide and that put the pressure on GNR to get the album out. Depending on the sources you read, it also proved to Walmart that there was interest in the album and got that deal signed.

Truth is if www.gunsnroses.com went down in the morning it wouldn't matter a damn, no one would care, gnr would carry on.
If the main hubs of the community went down however, it would be game over. We are the ones who maintain the gnr online presence. We've all been doing it for free for years.
think back to the time Axl started showing up for chats, the mainstream media exploded. HE posts twitter updates and no one really gives a shit.

The gnr fan community hold all the cards, and if GNR could control us then they'd control the leaks, they'd control public opinion, the lot. 

Phew rant over.

I don't think this will be their last attempt to create an elite "Gnr Community HQ" to be honest. The online community is worth too much to them, and now that there's no hype, no one talking about the Myth of CD, just a load of bitching and some concert reviews, it is a good time for them to move towards controlling the community and manipulating some positive press (or attempting to damage control these supposed 10 new leaks).

....okay.. this time the rant is really over.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I don't think there's anything sinister here, it's just Backplane having a soft launch. They're not uncommon as the early audience help iron out any bugs as well as getting that initial userbase in place so that the site doesn't look dead/empty when they hard launch.

Saying that I didn't sign up for the official community at GNR.com so I can see why others are feeling pissed off by it smile

Lomax wrote:
Will wrote:

I don't think there's anything sinister here, it's just Backplane having a soft launch. They're not uncommon as the early audience help iron out any bugs as well as getting that initial userbase in place so that the site doesn't look dead/empty when they hard launch.

Saying that I didn't sign up for the official community at GNR.com so I can see why others are feeling pissed off by it smile

Why do they feel they need it do you think? Couldn't they just expand the pay site with this as a section?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Ladies & Gents,

If you expect a housemaid, her kids and a 50 year old child to suddenly become global marketing webmasters with a strong customer focus and an evolved business strategy you are setting yourselves up for financial, mental and spiritual pain.

This is why I believe there will be no CD II. Real music business people probably look at that set up, the level of entitlement, the arrogance and lack of experience and just push their check books back deep into their pockets.

There just isn't enough money left in the business to risk on this group. Hell, Taylor Swift makes more money than Axl and she's just 24, shows up on time and gives her fans what they want. Plus she has about 20 albums left in her. Why waste time on this shit?

I really, truely admire you guys for hanging in there but you should consider doing the same. When the money stops coming in, sanity may have to be let back into the room and things will get better for everyone (outside the mafia).

Unless Axl or his people leak the album themselves, or he uses a reunion to negotiate a release... we'll never hear new music from GN'R ever again imo. Axl's card is played. Uni is and has been just sitting and waiting like cops outside of robbed bank waiting for him to figure out he's surrounded and not going anywhere.

Only other move is literally suicide. No joke.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Riad wrote:
Will wrote:

Why do they feel they need it do you think? Couldn't they just expand the pay site with this as a section?

No idea why they feel they need it. No harm in trying it though smile

I doubt Backplane would be willing to hand over their code so that GNR can add it to their official site. Backplane have developed a social network which proved popular for Lady Gaga, and now they're just repeating that formula for other bands. I'm guessing they're currently soft launching multiple networks for various bands to see which will be successful (read: most profitable for Backplane).

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Sorry buzz. Must have misinterpreted ur post

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I sold out and joined paradisecity.com got my invite to sign up

Ill poke around

Board footer