You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: www.paradisecity.com

monkeychow wrote:

Even though Russ kindly offered to help me get in, the exclusivity attitude of the site turns me off.

I'm the kind of person they should be encouraging to join (will buy anything they put out, addicted to GNR for 20 plus years, support all side projects) but my invitation request was ignored by them - apparently I don't "fit the mould" or i'm not "an initial invite kind of gunner".

Considering they're in competition with great free communities like this place, they've started off on a real bad foot with that attitude.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

You can't blame them, you Aussie's are always causing problems 16

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Yeah I tried to sign up too, it was just a straight registration page no essay required or anything so I filled it in. I Never heard anything back either Monkey.

We like the current band and the old and we like buying stuff, clearly they don't want fans like that. Lol

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

still have no interest

how has the paid GNR site worked out so far?

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I tried to register out of curiosity to have a look.  Obviously not expecting much given their track record if the band or "management" are somehow involved.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Even though Russ kindly offered to help me get in, the exclusivity attitude of the site turns me off.

I'm the kind of person they should be encouraging to join (will buy anything they put out, addicted to GNR for 20 plus years, support all side projects) but my invitation request was ignored by them - apparently I don't "fit the mould" or i'm not "an initial invite kind of gunner".

Considering they're in competition with great free communities like this place, they've started off on a real bad foot with that attitude.

Which just adds to the pointless nature of it all. If they do ANYTHING of merit on that site, even releasing shit through it... GN'R is still a massive worldwide brand and beloved band.

Anything they do or say will be on YouTube in nanoseconds to be ripped and stolen. Welcome to 2013.

Like Russ said, short of the Slash & Duff aspect, who wants an exclusive invite to a website to watch paint fucking dry? That's Guns N' Roses right now.

AtomsNest
 Rep: 10 

AtomsNest wrote:

Yeah, the exclusivity is a bit off putting, but I'm also curious about Slash and Duff's possible involvement. Is the site still publishing Slash's twitter? What about Duff, any activity from him?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AtomsNest
 Rep: 10 

AtomsNest wrote:

It sounds dull. I don't think this is the right demo for such a site, but for a moment I thought it could actually be good and successful. Unless Axl starts posting it will flop.

It's strange that just one tweet is there, Slash has obviously done more, so it's not linked to his account. I think they just name dropped Duff and Slash to try and increase participation/hype.

Sky Dog wrote:

it's a bullshit website...nothing more, nothing less. Honestly, nothing to offer me so why?

Board footer