You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Guns N' Roses Australian Tour 2013

Axlin16 wrote:

"The Pulling Our Shrinking Dicks 2013 Australian Tour"

While GN'R continue to wipe with "the brand", i'll be watching, listening, and keeping track of actual bands in the new year, AIC/Soundgarden, and I hope more to add to the roster.

Axlin's New Year's Resolution?

Moving the fuck on from Guns. RIP 1987-1993.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Come on Axlin12, Axl clearly has a plan for this band... he's just keeping everyone in the dark about what that actually is, including himself... 14 14 14

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I know we all want new music...but I must confess after getting jealous at the vegas stuff...not to mention you guys getting the up close and personal thing....I'm kinda glad to have another go at seeing the band...

and I just realised...2013 is 20 years from my first GNR live show in 1993

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I know we all want new music...but I must confess after getting jealous at the vegas stuff...not to mention you guys getting the up close and personal thing....I'm kinda glad to have another go at seeing the band...

I missed the 2010 Aussie tour, and I've yet to see DJ Ashba fuck up all of Robin and Slash's solos, so I'm looking forward to it... 16

In all seriousness though, pretty much what Monkey said above, (minus the having seen them in 1993 bit), and I'm glad I'll at least get to finally see Estranged played live, and if we're even luckier, maybe they'll bust out TWAT too!

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I missed the 2010 Aussie tour, and I've yet to see DJ Ashba fuck up all of Robin and Slash's solos, so I'm looking forward to it... 16

In all seriousness though, pretty much what Monkey said above, (minus the having seen them in 1993 bit), and I'm glad I'll at least get to finally see Estranged played live, and if we're even luckier, maybe they'll bust out TWAT too!

We're grasping at straws when our arguments for attending yet another show is down to "I've never seen the latest member of the band" and "they didn't play Estranged the last time they were here"

All sounds like arguments a certain administrator would come up with to justify yet another leg of this seemingly never-ending tour.

Joking aside, if you're excited to go see them again, I'm happy for you!  22

I'm taking a break from GNR until something I consider exciting happens.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all you guys!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Naltav pretty much nailed it.

When you're down to rationalizing "they didn't play Civil War or Estranged last time"... just shows you the joke this has become. Especially when it's by a bunch of guys who didn't even record the song. This ain't like dusting off Oh My God or Riad N' The Bedouins.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah true, it is a sad state. But if I can't hear Slash play those beautiful guitar melodies, at least I can get to hear Axl sing it, and Bumble and Ashba are doing a more than a serviceable enough take on the guitar parts.

Actually, I'd even go as far as saying, Estranged is the one song that nuGNR absolutely nail, instrumentally live. Clearly they realise how big a deal that song is to a diehard Guns fan.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

"The Pulling Our Shrinking Dicks 2013 Australian Tour"

While GN'R continue to wipe with "the brand", i'll be watching, listening, and keeping track of actual bands in the new year, AIC/Soundgarden, and I hope more to add to the roster.

Axlin's New Year's Resolution?

Moving the fuck on from Guns. RIP 1987-1993.

Maybe we should re-brand the site as bandsthatactuallydososmethingevolution.com

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Naltav pretty much nailed it.

When you're down to rationalizing "they didn't play Civil War or Estranged last time"... just shows you the joke this has become. Especially when it's by a bunch of guys who didn't even record the song. This ain't like dusting off Oh My God or Riad N' The Bedouins.

Yeah, but for years people were pleading for them to dust off songs like "Estranged" and "Civil War", and they did.  And now, it's not cool anymore?  Obviously we'd all love for their to be (more) forward progress, as in releasing new music.  It is SOMETHING though.  At least they've added a few different songs each leg.  I loved hearing Estranged, Nice Boys, Used to Love Her, hell even Whole Lotta Rosie.  Didn't get to hear Civil War, TWAT, CITR.  Would love to hear them.  Would also love to hear other rarely played CD songs, Dead Flowers, and (close your eyes Metallex) The Seeker.

There are still plenty of reasons to see the band live in my opinion, despite the growing frustration of them running in place.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer