You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Guns N' Roses Australian Tour 2013

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

While I appreciate you saying this, I gotta say I feel I've pretty much had "the positive beaten out of me" so to speak. While I wouldn't have any interest in seeing GN'R with "the guy from Steel Panther", I do agree with the overall sentiment of faldor's post.

Okay, maybe I was exaggerating, a little. 16

Honestly, everyone seems to reach their end point with this band.  For some it happened long ago.  Some are going through it right now.  Some of us are still hanging in there.  I don't think anyone is right or wrong in the situation.  I think we could all agree that we had hoped for more progress to this point.  It hasn't happened, and quite frankly I'm not all that hopeful for the future either.  I just haven't gotten to my tipping point yet.  Hell, you're talking to a guy who saw Def Leppard 7 times in a 5 year span play virtually the same exact setlist.  It wasn't until that 7th time that I finally said, "alright, maybe it's time to take a step back."  So seeing GNR 3 times in a decade doesn't seem like too much for me.  I won't argue that what they've accomplished in that decade is far below my hopes and dreams, but that doesn't deter me from still wanting to see them live the next time they come to town.

Now if they start touring the US EVERY year and playing the same set EVERY time like Def Leppard, than maybe I'll get sick of it after awhile.  But it's going to take some time, that I can tell you.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I want to hear new music. I'm still interested. But when nothing's going on, it has zero effect on me. I'm just not going to get bent out of shape or waste any energy on something I have no control over. This isn't 2004 anymore. The luster is gone, the line up I loved is history, whatever happens happens, basically. Not exactly positive, but I'm not wasting any time or energy being pissed or negative. Big waste of time. Axl is Axl. You know that when you signed up as a fan.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree. You just go out and focus on other new music from other artists. Soundgarden this past November was the first in awhile that made me actually forget GN'R existed. That's a good thing, because if I can use new original music to not think about Guns, i'm getting that artistic experience somewhere else, and ultimately it leaves me just as satisfied.

Right now, with alot of these bands coming back, reminds me of that mid-90's period where you'd plug in In Utero or Superunknown or Jar of Flies in the post-UYI era of GN'R. It was still good times and good music despite a lack of GN'R.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

http://www.noise11.com/news/guns-n-rose … dium=email

Guns N’ Roses Sweet Child O Mine Is A Hit Again

by Paul Cashmere on January 7, 2013

Guns N’ Roses classic ‘Sweet Child O Mine’ has returned to the Australian chart this week on news of the upcoming tour.

2,510 people bought ‘Sweet Child O Mine’ in Australia in the past week and that was enough to generate a no. 90 ARIA position for the Gunners classic.

That was more than Justin Bieber ‘As Long As You Love Me’, Katy Perry ‘Firework’ and Black Keys ‘Lonely Boy’ sold last week.

Guns N’ Roses ‘Greatest Hits’ also moved 1,475 units last week placing it as the 111th biggest selling album of the week across Australia in the past 7 days.

‘Sweet Child O Mine’ was the third single from the 1987 album ‘Appetite For Destruction’ after ‘Its So Easy’ and ‘Welcome To The Jungle’. The song gave Guns N’ Roses their only number one it in the USA.

Sheryl Crow covered the song for the Adam Sandler ‘Big Daddy’. The Gunners version has also appeared in ‘Bad Dreams’, ‘The Wrestler’ and ‘State of Grace’.

Guns N’ Roses will tour Australia with ZZ Top and The Angels in March.

Stay updated with your free Noise11 daily music newsletter. Subscribe to Noise11 Music News here

Australian tour dates are:

Mach 9, Perth, Perth Arena
March 12, Sydney, Allphones Arena
March 13, Newcastle, Hunter Stadium
March 17, Melbourne, Sidney Myer Music Bowl
March 20, Brisbane, Entertainment Centre

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Sweet Child O Mine has charted again??

hooray.jpg

Great way to kick off 2013. I wonder if Jungle can climb up the charts?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh my God,  I am absolutely speechless.

Wait a minute, no i'm not. What an absolute, explosive move toward the future, that a song, written, performed, and popularized by another band 25 years ago is what is being used to promote ANOTHER tour of Australia (or anywhere in the world for that matter) for a band that has yet to write one lick of music together.

Holy shit... roll

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Read this the other day, very sad for the poor guy!!!  Looks like The Angels won't be supporting GN'R with ZZ Top.  I hope Doc can beat this terrible disease although it doesn't sound good.

To all The Angels friends, fans, venues and media

It is with deep regret and shock that The Angels have to announce that Mr Doc Neeson was admitted to hospital over the recent Christmas/New Year period. He has just been diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer, (brain tumour).

This will require immediate intensive radiation and chemotherapy treatment and will continue for the next 6-7 months. Unfortunately, due to this, The Angels therefore have no choice but to cancel all their upcoming dates.

The Angels would like to thank all the fans for their continued support and we wish Doc all the best for his treatment during this difficult time. The Angels look forward to seeing everyone again once Doc is given the all clear to return to the stage.

Sincerely,

for and on behalf of The Angels
Spitfire Music
WWW.THEANGELS.NET

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Bless him. I don't know who he is, but man, I hope he pulls through okay!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah in Aussie Rock he's a bit of a legend...an old timer and a founder....very sad news...best wishes to him.

Board footer