You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Skwerl's post on MyGNR regarding his leak and his source

Sky Dog wrote:

I can do without the dj era stuff...Bumble and Richard were at least involved with the recording of everything in the vault. I just wanna hear it....don't think it will be any different quality wise than CD.

johndivney wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I can do without the dj era stuff...Bumble and Richard were at least involved with the recording of everything in the vault. I just wanna hear it....don't think it will be any different quality wise than CD.

Controversial statement re: BBF's recording history. Sorry for splitting hairs but does he have ANY writing credits on any GnR material?

I am interested to hear the vault but I can't find the will to muster anything more than a passing interest. The fun has been drained out of it for me. It was all well & good this stuff going down in '02 - '06 but now it's like enough already what else is there for fun? This is just the same silly shit as went down before, I dunno how more people aren't really bored by it tbh.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

I'm pretty bored (and have been very vocal about it) lately with GN'R current state as a touring only band.

I got pretty pumped up hearing the pieces, to the point where I was shaking as it's humanly possible to shake...

I agree with the history repeating itself. Despite the songs and potential leaks, I got really amused by the tales of negotiations and the leaks being on Youtube.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

RussTCB wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

What the fuck is Better Gone?

Also until new leaks appear it is all bullshit.

I've seen this occur before.

Some cunt claims they got an inside scoop or knows a friend of a friend that has heard some killer epic tracks, just waiting for it to leak.

Talk is cheap.

Prove it or shut the fuck up is what I say.

The info on Better Gone is all throughout the thread, feel free to read up on it.

Also-
We do not allow insulting of other members on this forum. Otto is a long standing, trusted member of the forum and it's out of line to call him a "cunt". Consider that your one warning about insults.

For the record I wasn't saying Otto was a cunt.

If I wanted to, I'd just say it.

I was in general saying that it is the same hogwash we've heard for years from people like MLS or whomever that claims they got a scoop.

I read this discussion and haven't seen anything on Better Gone.

My apologies if you thought I was calling you a cunt Otto. I was using that in the broad sense of people claiming to have stuff.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The wheels on the bus go round and round...

Sky Dog wrote:
johndivney wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Controversial statement re: BBF's recording history. Sorry for splitting hairs but does he have ANY writing credits on any GnR material?

I am interested to hear the vault but I can't find the will to muster anything more than a passing interest. The fun has been drained out of it for me. It was all well & good this stuff going down in '02 - '06 but now it's like enough already what else is there for fun? This is just the same silly shit as went down before, I dunno how more people aren't really bored by it tbh.

Bumble and Richard have no writing credits. But, they played on everything fully recorded during the Chinese Sessions. Bumble said he played on a ton of stuff...as has Richard. No writing credits to date but they were studio musicians.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
otto wrote:

I agree with the history repeating itself. Despite the songs and potential leaks, I got really amused by the tales of negotiations and the leaks being on Youtube.

Oh absolutely, here is my favorite part of your post:

otto wrote:

Uni is willing to release a new album with some conditions: money from the touring in advance of the album release so they'd repay Axl with album sales and licensing. Full product delivered in one package, album and cover art to avoid CD clusterfuck.

"Honestly, the ball is in Axl court... his managers were pushing really hard to release the album and then bring back Slash".

The last he heard from GNR was that they wanted to release an album of half CD era stuff and half new stuff from the guys in the band and Axl was willing to add one more album to GN'R contract with Uni. Axl wanted funding to additional recordings. Uni told him to forget about it "not nicely".

I can't believe he actually had the balls to ask Uni to fund for more recordings by Axl and his band of players.  The full product delivered in one package pretty much confirms what most here suspected:  GNR fucked up on the liner notes and blamed it on someone else.

These managers I assume were either Azoff or McGee.  Anyway good stuff as there is nothing going on with the band at this time.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Looks like Axl has to realise he ain't the Dali Lama anymore.
He's being forced to pay insurance against his and his management teams massive potential to fail.
I wonder does he look at Slash's slick self promotion and well oiled gigging machine and just shake his head....

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Just waiting for the dam to leak...

Board footer