You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Dropping the Needle Podcast with Alan Niven

Smoking Guns wrote:

Slippery slope getting involved with message boards, but he doesn't seem to care.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Let it go Alan, let it go.

As much as some people may say that Axl can do no wrong.  Does Alan take responsibility for any wrongdoings?  He sounds pretty high on himself to me.  Your work and stories are appreciated Alan, but you're coming off a bit desperate.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I'd say telling somebody to "get over it" is making light of somebody's experience. And far as I can remember Axl never used any of that as a crutch.

Other than that he's clearly got an Ax to grind, but it's really only that statement that made my eyes jolt. We all know Axl is about as calm as a bomb, but the rest of the guys weren't exactly angels either. I'd have appreciated at least some balance to the story. There really is no difference to how he's treating Axl here and how Axl treats his experience with, say Slash. Extremely one sided.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I'd say telling somebody to "get over it" is making light of somebody's experience. And far as I can remember Axl never used any of that as a crutch.

Other than that he's clearly got an Ax to grind, but it's really only that statement that made my eyes jolt. We all know Axl is about as calm as a bomb, but the rest of the guys weren't exactly angels either. I'd have appreciated at least some balance to the story. There really is no difference to how he's treating Axl here and how Axl treats his experience with, say Slash. Extremely one sided.

Exactly.  Which is why I can't take anything he, or anyone else for that matter says as gospel.  But as you said, quite similar to when Axl speaks.  It's completely one sided.  Entertaining, but take it for what it is.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

So is he one sided against Axl cause he thinks its true or cause he thinks Slash is nice?

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Faldor,
what wrongdoings have you identified that he did?
Axl's are well documented.
Plus, how can you say that he should let it go if this his first in dept interview on this in years, an interview that was not his idea?
Also, how is it one sided? I posted quotes from Izzy and Slash  that both said he was unfairly treated and they felt bad.
I don't get your position, the facts don't sem to support it.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Exactly, you may not like what he says, doesn't mean it's not true. I don't get why everyone but Axl would see it different.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I haven't got around to watching the videos yet but his comments have been interesting big_smile Niv was also manager of Izzy & The Ju Ju's so hoping he talks about that a little?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

No JuJu hound comments from what I recall. Though he did say Izzy was the heart and soul of GNR.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Faldor,
what wrongdoings have you identified that he did?
Axl's are well documented.
Plus, how can you say that he should let it go if this his first in dept interview on this in years, an interview that was not his idea?
Also, how is it one sided? I posted quotes from Izzy and Slash  that both said he was unfairly treated and they felt bad.
I don't get your position, the facts don't sem to support it.

He said that none of them were angels, himself included, but doesn't give any examples to that effect.

And the dude is angry. That's where he should let it go, imo.

And what gets me, going off the last page, is that Izzy seems to be the cool, genuine, unmaterialistic rock dude to some of you guys until it doesn't suit you. Now he's Axl's employee, they don't hang... Today anyway. Tomorrow maybe he'll be something else.

I don't know why this guys' word has to be gospel. Axl's isn't. Slash's isn't. Alan, from how he's presented himself, definitely doesn't give me a whole lot of faith that he's completely unbiased.

My main problem with Axl is that he alludes to everything that he considers he's been wronged and never explains it. Like he's aiming it at Slash and saying, "He knows exactly what he did. And he has to step up and admit it." That shit drives me crazy.

Board footer