You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: AXL ROSE Reportedly Close to Losing Lawsuit Against ACTIVISION For Fea

Mikkamakka wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

So the company screw you over by using Slash's image (I cannot believe it took an attorney to tell him the news btw, the game was literally everywhere) which was a fundamental principal of the deal, but that's suddenly ok if they offer you a reciprocal deal? Sounds naive if you ask me.

I suppose it shows he's not stubborn enough to turn down what he considered fair compensation.

But sounds like he got outsmarted here. Activisions laywers probably knew very well they could present this argument if they strung him along for the necessary time period.

Typical for a modern corporation. Maximizing profits with no adherence to ethics, morals or even the law may make sense from an immediate profit stand point, but I don't see how it makes sense long term. When the mafia shows more care and aptness in customer relations you got a problem.

It's a very good post.

Ain't it funny that Activision could have killed Axl's pain and could have compensated the "damage" on his "artistic vision" with 20 million dollars? I thought we are having a guy here, who's not interested in money. 2

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Slash wrote those guitars, not whoever played then in the band that holds the Guns N' Roses name. Axl can't rewrite history, however hard he's trying.

Axl may want to rewrite history but he's still entitled to refuse his work to be used in a way he doesn't see fit. Obviously you don't want your ex guitarist to front the band in a major release just when you're about to release a big comeback album.

Then just don't sell the rights of those old songs. How would that promote your "big comeback album" with a completely different band? Furthermore, what did he expect? That Robin Finck, Richard Fortus and Bumble will be present in the game playing Slash's stuff? 14

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Not having him front the damn cover would probably have been a sufficient compromise. Axl surely puts himself in a lot of conundrums when he's trying to sell a new band, but that doesn't mean he didn't get fucked over here. And of course it's about the money. He's letting them use his product.

Mikkamakka wrote:

It's a very good post.

Ain't it funny that Activision could have killed Axl's pain and could have compensated the "damage" on his "artistic vision" with 20 million dollars? I thought we are having a guy here, who's not interested in money. 2

It is funny if you actually believe he's some sort of altruistic musician, or that he believes it. Obviously he's not, he got into this to get rich from the start. There's a difference between going the Led Zeppelin route or the Kiss route though. He might no be very successful at the former, but clearly he's trying not to be the latter either.

Axl could benefit from letting someone else write his business and pr shit though. Either that or his lawyer is cooked.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

If anything having slash on the front cover and stuff would iv helped axl sell more albums if anything coz alot of casual fans would iv thought he was still in tha band

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

But i do think axl got tagged in the bum but thats how he rolls

Mikkamakka

Mikkamakka wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Not having him front the damn cover would probably have been a sufficient compromise. Axl surely puts himself in a lot of conundrums when he's trying to sell a new band, but that doesn't mean he didn't get fucked over here. And of course it's about the money. He's letting them use his product.

Mikkamakka wrote:

It's a very good post.

It is funny if you actually believe he's some sort of altruistic musician, or that he believes it. Obviously he's not, he got into this to get rich from the start. There's a difference between going the Led Zeppelin route or the Kiss route though. He might no be very successful at the former, but clearly he's trying not to be the latter either.

Axl could benefit from letting someone else write his business and pr shit though. Either that or his lawyer is cooked.

I was referring to one of their press releases, where they stated that Axl doesn't care about money and all he cares about is art. Obviously he's very money-orientated, like this case proves it again.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I have no sympathy, it's lazy business management again. Axl also wanted VR off the game which was childish and vindictive.
Walk on home boy!

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Mikkamakka wrote:

It's a very good post.

I was referring to one of their press releases, where they stated that Axl doesn't care about money and all he cares about is art. Obviously he's very money-orientated, like this case proves it again.

You have to keep in mind (and THIS is Axl's fault too) that his press releases are written by sycophants. They are as based in the reality that they want to bathe Axl in, not the real one.

Lomax wrote:

Guess this is why Chinese Democracy was released only on Rockband

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

smoke wrote:

You have to keep in mind (and THIS is Axl's fault too) that his press releases are written by sycophants. They are as based in the reality that they want to bathe Axl in, not the real one.

Let's have a closer look at those.

He's not motivated by money, he's motivated by his art. - Baz, 2006

Axl Rose was one of the only artists I ever worked with who was never motivated by money. - Tom Zutaut, 2005

W, Axl Rose is not interested in fame, money, popularity or what the New York Times or any other paper for that matter might think of him. - Merck, 2005

When Baz said that, he was on tour with Guns, still waiting for his solo career to be validated to a degree by Angel Down. The Merck and Zoot comments were responses to the damning high-profile piece on CD in The New York Times. In Baz's case, it was just sucking up. Merck (his manager) and Zoot (his former A&R turned whistleblower), on the other hand, were doing routine damage control, also implying on the mounting costs of CD; their coda being 'Axl doesn't give a crap about the expense, he cares about quality'.

So those comments need to be put into context, and I'm not trying to be an Axl apologist here. Just saying that if you want to bag the man, at least be fair about it. He's done more than his share to give the lot of us an ample amount of opportunities there.

Board footer