You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Re: Chinese Democracy.... Starts Now?

Backslash wrote:
JonathanvonDoom wrote:

Man, I don't really dig Linkin Park but are we throwing around the "emo" label that blindly now? 16

Listen to The Reason and tell me it's not one of the most whiny emo songs you've ever heard. :wtf:

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Tommie wrote:

I think this is obviously just a rumor that was regurgitated from the community by these sites.

I agree with Tommie. Some writer for these sites scrounged for material, heard GnR on the radio, googled them. Probably found HTGTH, searched the thread topics to see recent "news" (ie rumors) and came across the "It's been turned in to the label" thread. He writes a blog about it online, and now it's pasted into a thread of it's own.. The cycle of life, it's like an acorn falling from a tree, and growing into a tree of it's own. How nice. :sick:

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Backslash wrote:

i checked HTGTH for discussion on this and Jarmo brought up a valid point (which leads me to believe there's possibly something to this rumour)... Who pays for it all? 

On one hand, labels want to promote without spending money (which doesn't work) as there's little to no chance to turn a profit in the record industry.  Artists, on the other hand, want as much money alloted to them as possible, so that they can get their names out there and be successful.  While the end result may be increased record sales, it could also decrease profit significantly.

In the end, the best way to promote the album is through free media.  Allow magazines and newspapers to write reviews, make television appearances (late night TV, anyone?), and get the name out there that way.  Like it or not, Slash has done more free promotion for this band than anyone by making appearances at geek conventions and appearing in video games.  As mentioned above, the only way to get people to buy this album is to shove it down the public's throat.  That's done through free promotion using the media, not billboard ads or TV commercials.

It's called hiring a publicist. How do you think Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, and Britney Spears constantly make TMZ & US magazine etc Same way Sugar Ray (Mark McGrath) is on that show Extra or Entertainment Tonight... Do you think Letterman or Rolling Stone magazine will just randomly call Axl to ask him for an interview.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Backslash wrote:
JonathanvonDoom wrote:

Man, I don't really dig Linkin Park but are we throwing around the "emo" label that blindly now? 16

Listen to The Reason and tell me it's not one of the most whiny emo songs you've ever heard. :wtf:

I think that was a different band (If I'm thinking of the same song). Not Incubus but the other band, his brothers band.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Backslash wrote:
JonathanvonDoom wrote:

Also not a Linkin Park song (a Hoobastank song). Breaking the Habit is pretty emo, but their other stuff is rock.

Backslash

Backslash wrote:
Communist China wrote:
Backslash wrote:
JonathanvonDoom wrote:

Also not a Linkin Park song (a Hoobastank song). Breaking the Habit is pretty emo, but their other stuff is rock.

Oops...  They're all the same in my opinion. 13

And PaSnow, I thought that Beta was supposed to be the publicist.  Someone should light a fire under her arse.

AtariLegend wrote:
Backslash wrote:

And PaSnow, I thought that Beta was supposed to be the publicist.  Someone should light a fire under her arse.

She's the Personal Manger, not the publicist or physic...

Backslash

Backslash wrote:

In any event, I think we can all agree that a lot of the problems surrounding this band stem from its management or lack there of.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
russtcb wrote:
bigbri wrote:

A couple years ago, this board would have been jumping with news like this. Shows you how jaded/uninterested we are.

This just isn't what I consider "news", that's why I'm not jumping on it.

Fine, don't consider it news. Rolling Stone is not so low on the totem pole that they have to "google HTGTH" to find news. That's a fucking ridiculous theory. They don't make shit up no matter how far they've fallen. They employ real reporters with real journalism experience. Sometimes you guys have no freakin' clue how the media works, I swear. I'm in it, I know.

Most likely they got a tip from someone at the record label or maybe someone in the GNR camp trying to deflect attention from the fact that CD is not out.

If they wanted to make up news about GNR, why not promote it instead of burying it on a news briefs column. I hate to break it to ya, but GNR isn't gonna help them sell copies anymore.

Board footer