You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Slash as an Angry Bird.

Aussie wrote:

Yeah Slash has mentioned a few times his addiction to the game. I'm guessing maybe the creators of the game approached Slash as a consequence.  As others have said, I guess it gets him exposed to a whole lot of new people outside of his traditional old school rock n roll market. I guess thats a good thing.

Agreed. Nothing wrong with that. Sort of like the Phineas & Firb cartoon cameo.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

If 24 year old Slash had done this, I'd probably have a big problem with it.  But at this stage in life, it's all good in my book.  If that makes any sense.  He's got kids himself, this appeals to kids.  It's like when comedians go soft and start making family movies.  Only Slash hasn't really gone soft concerning his craft, just the way he markets himself.  So I can take that a lot easier than Eddie Murphy no longer doing anything an adult would find funny.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I read an interesting article on wired.com from April 2011 which shows why this is a good move for Slash (regardless of whether he plays the game or not):

Every day, users spend 200 million minutes -- 16 years every hour -- playing the mobile game.

His name, image and music is going to be heard by a shitload of people thanks to Rovio.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

^ Wow that's a phenomenal stat!!! 

That is some pretty damn big exposure that sure can't hurt the guy.

Me_Wise_Magic

Looks like we won't see an axl angry bird anytime soon because of this. 14 19 Nice stats. 21 knows how to promote himself the best ways possible with saying little.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

More generic rock for the children! Good to see you're keeping it real Slash, like you told us you always would!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

RussTCB wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

Looks like we won't see an axl angry bird anytime soon because of this. 14 19 Nice stats. 21 knows how to promote himself the best ways possible with saying little.

The funny thing is that they could more or less use our smileys for the GN'R birds!

16 Agreed!  Bring on the bumblefoot or duff birds. Fuck yeah!!

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Board footer