You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETA!!!!!!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOx

metallex78 wrote:
-D- wrote:

I heard she co wrote half the new album

Half...???? She co-wrote ALL of it! 14 14 14

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

On the other hand, she is, I think, pretty much the only GN'R manager who's interested in the current band as a going concern, rather than seeing it as a stepping stone to a reunion. If you look back at the previous managers, every one of them was stalling and fucking over Chinese Democracy in a bid to force Axl's hand. So, um, there's that.

gunnerdownunder
 Rep: 4 

I posted the article about the idiot fan suing Axl for throwing the mic on HTGTH and it was removed.. lawl!

If anything, it's humorous rather than negative.

That was the last straw. I returned there after a number of years away from following GN'R closely and it's just silly.

Fans cant discuss and debate anything anymore which is what the whole point of the forum was in the first place.

Funny thing is, nobody in the GN'R camp is going to give a $hit about that a$$ kissing douche in 10 years time once GN'R fades into oblivion, and Jarmo will be left with no fans on the forum either. Oh well, at least he enjoyed his free gigs and trips and what not.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

^^
Yup, it's clear Axl doesn't even lurk on that site. They all seemed concentrated on MyGNR. jarmo has made out, but I swear he never seemed like a hardcore new line up fan when I first started posting there, until he started getting perks. He didn't have the warmest of reviews for IRS, I do remember that.

Beta hasn't been a bad manager from what I've seen. More stuff has happened under her with the exception of Azoff who got CD released. My main concern is that she's dealing with the label... Going by her interaction on the forums, someone in that meeting is going to be called an idiot. tongue

gunnerdownunder

I once remember a quote in a GN'R book which went something along the lines of "I wonder what the Axl who once would wear a Thin Lizzy shirt for a week would think of what things have turned into today". I wonder what the admin of many years ago who once started that once amazing forum, would think if he could see what it has turned into today. But hey, at least he is reaping the rewards. It's just a shame it's at the cost of the respect of the fans of a great community and the integrity of a once great forum and place to discuss all things GN'R.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

So...how old is she?

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

So...how old is she?

My guess is she is well on the frumpy side of 50, probably nudging 60. A new frock, another tatt and some hair dye don't hide the fact.

gunnerdownunder

The other day at the Sydney gig, she seemed to be looking younger than at RIR3!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

jarmo has made out, but I swear he never seemed like a hardcore new line up fan when I first started posting there, until he started getting perks. He didn't have the warmest of reviews for IRS, I do remember that.

Indeed...he also used to be a VR fan initially.

He says he just changed his mind, but um, it's funny how the Slash hate around there began around the same time that he started getting taken around the world with the band.

And deleting things like the microphone incident is absurd.

It's band news. it's not like that's even something that makes Axl look bad....it was just an accident that could have happened with any band.

misterID wrote:

Beta hasn't been a bad manager from what I've seen. More stuff has happened under her

The question arises though as to what extent the handlers have inhibited previous managers (either intentionally or accidentally) through filtering all communication with Axl.

I'm not saying she's a bad manager, but the ex-managers you're talking about are people with careers in music management, people who have driven some of the most successful and powerful acts in the world. Are we to believe she's just more naturally talented than them?

Also..do we count her management rein from when she threatened to leave Axl if he hired another professional manger, or, since her time began as Axl's personal handler.

Rewind to before she was associated with the band at all and you have UYI era GNR as the biggest band in the world, a band that acts like Metallica opened a show for. A band bigger than acts like Bon Jovi.

It's odd how those once lesser bands have gone on from strength to strength, Bon Jovi and Metallica can headline on levels well above GNR these days.

Obviously that's not all on beta....a part of it is the refusal to settle the score with slash....but I'd view the entire team brazil reign in that context.....in net terms is the band better or worse off since these people became leading figures in Axl's decisions and life?

gunnerdownunder

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

jarmo has made out, but I swear he never seemed like a hardcore new line up fan when I first started posting there, until he started getting perks. He didn't have the warmest of reviews for IRS, I do remember that.

Indeed...he also used to be a VR fan initially.

He says he just changed his mind, but um, it's funny how the Slash hate around there began around the same time that he started getting taken around the world with the band.

I noticed the shift of culture on that site at the same time as the initial Chinese Democracy tracks leaks. As it was the main GN'R site at the time, I guess his compliance upon request in limiting the impact of the leaks reaped rewards somewhat.

Oh well, others choices are their own and at least we seem to have a fantastic community here, so I have noticed thus far 22

Board footer