You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETA!!!!!!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOx

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

jarmo has made out, but I swear he never seemed like a hardcore new line up fan when I first started posting there, until he started getting perks. He didn't have the warmest of reviews for IRS, I do remember that.

Obviously that's not all on beta....a part of it is the refusal to settle the score with slash....but I'd view the entire team brazil reign in that context.....in net terms is the band better or worse off since these people became leading figures in Axl's decisions and life?

I think the thing you have to bear in mind is that every other manager has approached GN'R with the agenda of getting the old band back together (or at the very least, getting Slash and Axl back together). Now, there's no doubt that GN'R would be a more successful concern with a reunited lineup – on the same level as Metallica and Bon Jovi, probably. But that possibility is absolutely off the cards as far as Axl is concerned.

So, bearing that in mind, yes, Beta is a very successful manager for Axl and GN'R, based on the criteria that Axl has imposed on GN'R – because she's approached the current band as a going concern, rather than as a stepping stone to a reunion.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Don't buy that reasoning alone though.

What about when Axl didn't leave the house for 7 years? Is that because his managers wanted to force a reunion too?

Big picture is that these people have maybe helped Axl keep alive, but they sure haven't helped steer him in a direction that's been very good for his career.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

At the end of the day though, and what I think eleven is talking about, is that Axl sets the rules and they're going with it and working with what they have. It's hard for me to think they're steering Axl in any direction, I've always thought they were just holding on so not to fall off.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

True.

But how many of Axl's problems could have been resolved without the wall of miscommunication between him and the outside world.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Happy fucking Birthday... you cunt.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

True.

But how many of Axl's problems could have been resolved without the wall of miscommunication between him and the outside world.

You're assuming such an arrangement is feasible. When everybody around you tries to pick a piece it's easy to isolate yourself behind people you feel comfortable with. Watch "I, Claudius" for an example of how even the most powerful man in the world doesn't know what the hell is going on around him. In the end you wind up a police interrogator, seeing every person as a criminal because that's your daily experience.

Axl being Axl definitely doesn't help that dynamic.

Sky Dog wrote:

Honestly, can't believe this is even a discussion

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Whoa I just creeped that shit hole Here Today and that thread is serious, wow.

Talk about people with mental issues seriously.

Who the hell says Happy Birthday, to someone that isn't even in the band or a real manager.

I just looked at the names and any of those dudes that said Happy Birthday to her have got some masculinity issues.

They're clearly beta and not alpha.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Honestly, can't believe this is even a discussion

i'm with you skydog....

Board footer