You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Guns N' Roses at du Arena, Abu Dhabi UAE March 28th 2013

metallex78 wrote:

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates @ du Arena - March 28th, 2013

Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
it's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Estranged
Better
Rocket queen
Richard Fortus Solo
Live And Let Die
This I Love
Used To Love Her
Dizzy Reed Solo (No Quarter)
Catcher In The Rye
You Could Be Mine
DJ Ashba Solo (Mi Amor)
Sweet Child O' Mine
Another Brick In The Wall 2 / November Rain
Bumblefoot Solo (Objectify)
Don't Cry
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Jam/Nightrain

Encore:
Jam/Patience
The Seeker
Jam/Paradise City

BGerql6CAAAbHeP.jpg:large

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Trying to out-do the UYI tour, Axl?

If the band releases something in the year, I'll give them points for establishing themselves as a unit, since they're by now one of the finest live acts currently around.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

They really are.

I know when they play somewhere remote - like Dubai is from me - then these gigs look annoying from afar - same setlist - no sign of new material - but having just been to a couple of gigs - I can verify that in person it's a great show and a great night's entertainment...and a very solid show....especially when you consider the challenges they face in terms of the baggage that comes with the GNR name and so on.

If they followed this tour up with a new album...to me that would solidify this era. One of the problems of the chinese era in perception is they only made one album - over a very long time - so it's sometimes hard for the media to see it as a going concern rather than just the fall out from the meltdown of old gnr.

To me conspirators is doing that - like Slash did his solo album - then the conspirators record - and is now working on another - and mentally that along with the tour establishes that in my mind as it's own thing distinct from VR, snakepit or GNR.

So like this GNR has put down some solid touring in recent years, if they followed it up with a record....I feel like it would help really establish this band as GNR and give it a modern ID card so to speak.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I completely agree. Everyone in the band seems on board; but Axl is still giving the maybe after at least 4 years with this solid lineup and most of members being in the band with all the CD era drama with it. I think management and not just the record label is to blame. Axl needs to finish his contract with whoever and release session work and whatever is left in the fault if the guys don't want to complete those songs. ...and Mr. Rose needs to go independent.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:

I`m not slightly interested in music from current lineup I want the rest from Chinese Democracy sessions untouched neck hurts to imagine how Ashba will butcher Buckethead`s work

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

I`m not slightly interested in music from current lineup I want the rest from Chinese Democracy sessions untouched neck hurts to imagine how Ashba will butcher Buckethead`s work

Considering DJ is Robin's replacement, and only ever plays Robin's or Slash's parts live, you can look towards Ron's direction on whether Buckets parts stay or not.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

Considering DJ is Robin's replacement, and only ever plays Robin's or Slash's parts live, you can look towards Ron's direction on whether Buckets parts stay or not.

He will butcher Finck`s parts too

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I would have a lot more respect for Axl if he released an album by the end of the year. It's a great opportunity for him to capitalise on the tour.

The problem is, he probably still thinks he is promoting CD.

I agree he should go solo. At least then theres fewer people to blame

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

Finck is more than capable of butchering his own parts on his own... 14

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

metallex78 wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Finck is more than capable of butchering his own parts on his own... 14

My thoughts exactly 16

Board footer