You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Stern to Make a Metallica Pinball

Aussie wrote:

After the success of their rcent ACDC pinball Stern have announced that their next pin will be a Metallica one. 9

The track list of songs on the game will be:

KILL EM ALL
-Seek and Destroy

RIDE THE LIGHTNING
-Creeping Death
-For Whom The Bell Tolls
-Fade To Black

MASTER OF PUPPETS
-Master of Puppets
-Battery

JUSTICE
-One

BLACK ALBUM
-Enter Sandman
-Sad But True
-Unforgiven

RELOAD
-Fuel

DEATH MAGNETIC
-End of the Line

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Looks cool...I still need a GNR pinball!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, looks great. I bet it will cost a shitload of $$$ though...

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

More info here

http://www.metallica.com/news/20130411-359099.asp

Pinball Wizard

April 11, 2013

It's been a long time in the making, so we are proud to finally announce the arrival of a first for us – an all Metallica pinball machine! After years of playing on Kirk's machines at HQ, we jumped at the idea when Stern Pinball came to us with some designs and ideas some time ago. The machines will include 12 'Tallica songs with "Master of Puppets," "One," and "Fade To Black" among them. Features will include an electric chair, snake, grave markers and lots of other bells and whistles along with art by our friend Dirty Donny.

Three models will be available, the Pro, Premium, and Limited Edition through Stern's dealers or for Met Club members who log in and hit the store here. Check out the chart below for all the features of each and look for them to start hitting the streets some time in May.

Stern Pinball is the leading producer of pinball games and is all machines are engineered and manufactured by hand just outside of Chicago, IL. Recent popular machines have included AC/DC, the Avengers, X-Men, Avatar, Iron Man, and Spider-Man. For more info visit www.sternpinball.com.

Master Of Puppets - Limited Edition
pinball-ltd-machine.jpgpinball-ltd-playfield.jpg

Metallica Premium
pinball-premium-machine.jpgpinball-premium-playfield.jpg

Metallica Pro
pinball-pro-machine.jpgpinball-pro-playfield.jpg

Aussie

Aussie wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, looks great. I bet it will cost a shitload of $$$ though...

Yeah they are not going to be cheap.  These were the US prices for the ACDC pins, they are a relatively similar cost here in Oz:

Pro: $5699
Premium: $7699
Back in Black Limited Edition: $8499, limited to 300 machines
Let There Be Rock Limited Edition: $8499, limited to 200 machines

You can expect the Metallica to be the same or slightly more.

Personally I think those prices are too much.  Pinball these days is bigger for private collectors than operators, but at those prices it does limit their market.  If the base model was around $4,000 or just a bit above I think they would sell a lot more.  Stern might make a similar profit by having higher sales volume.

Either way I will eventually hope to pick one up at some point second hand.  Only problem is I want the ACDC and Metaliica pin now.  Also with the ACDC I want the premium version as it has a lower playfield in it that the Pro doesn't have (plus a few other minor things).  It looks heaps better than the Angus artwork in the middle of the playfield of the Pro version.

Pro Version
acdcpinball001.jpg

Premium Version
ac-dc-premium-limited-edition-pinball-machine-playfield-stern-pinball.jpg

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

Here is a custom pin that Hetfield had done for himself (one of a kind).  The guy that did the artwork on this custom one- Dirty Donny, has also done the artwork for this new one.  It looks great and about time Stern got some decent artwork instead of their crap quality photoshop style shit they have put on recent pins.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Expensive as hell is definitely going to be the price range for these set ups. Saw the AC/DC one online through photos a couple months ago.  The Metallica machines look fucking rad and fun to play. Alot of effort put into the various design types.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Here is a custom pin that Hetfield had done for himself (one of a kind).  The guy that did the artwork on this custom one- Dirty Donny, has also done the artwork for this new one.  It looks great and about time Stern got some decent artwork instead of their crap quality photoshop style shit they have put on recent pins.

Yeah, I dig Dirty Donny's art too, his website has some really cool illustrations there.

Here's some of his Metallica stuff - http://www.dirtydonny.com/?cat=11

Board footer