You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Boston George
 Rep: 1 

Re: Eddie Trunk on Chinese Democracy

Neemo wrote:

yes it would be fnatastic if axl and slash and duff could put their differences aside ans even just appologise to each other

100 % AGREE !

Neemo wrote:

I think that joe public would accept this as gnr under a few key condidtons...promotion of them to a disgusting degree...every mag and radio station and video channel providing interviews with the guys on a get to know basis....and a couple strong singles out of the gate...

Eh ... I don't personally see this being very likely. Joe Public wants a reunion. You hear it all the time on the radio. Every other time a gunner song is played, a DJ normally follows up by saying "how great would it be to see these guys get back together". Or a DJ will just take a crack at Axl's dreads, his revolving coverband, or his inability to release an album without the real gunners. Again, it's sad, but well deserved in my opinion.

I'd personally rather hear a verified report saying Axl and Slash are talking again than I would a release date for an album being called something that it isn't. If you disagree, that's cool. Just my opinion.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Boston George wrote:

If you disagree, that's cool. Just my opinion.

it is cool big_smile thats what we try to promote here .... my opinion is just as valid as yours. wink

but yeah i know what you mean about DJ wisecracks...but i think that part of the reasaon behind that is the band hasnt released any material..but again we wont know until there is official material for the media to judge them on

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

Robin Fincke quote from May 2000

But even after working endlessly on the GN'R album, Finck is unable to speculate on how it's going to turn out.

"I'd helped write and arrange and recorded enough songs for several records," he says. "Honestly, we recorded so many different song ideas and completed so many different types of songs '” from quiet, very simple traditional piano songs to 16 stereo tracks of keyboard blur and everything in between."

But, he notes, "most of the stronger songs that ended up on A-lists when I was there were huge rock songs, built for the masses, really guitar-driven."

but it was all snippets and riffs...and many ideas have been rolled into one song...take IRS or Better as examples and in like '99 axl says 72 songs or something....in '06 he says 32

thats part of the reason i thiink this album has taken so long....axl has poured over literally hundreds of ideas and taken all the cool stuff and made what would have been 100 songs into like 25-30 songs and he tried to logically peice the material toeghter, thats why we see different guys go and record for 3-5 days at a time, just to flow the material together

D posted this @ htgth....pretty much echoes what i was trying to say

D wrote:

Problem I have with some of the leaks is

It sounds like a bunch of different song ideas copy and pasted together via pro Tools sometimes. It doesnt sound like some of the songs were written from beginning to end.

It sounds like various jam sessions copy and pasted together with some lyrics on top.

AtariLegend wrote:

^ I don't think "The Blues" & "There Was A Time" aren't just some pieces of music thrown together...

I think those tracks are a bit better than jam sessions, and I'm pretty sure some people, even here would agree with me.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

what about better and IRS though? you can really tell on better...IMO

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Better is definitely two, maybe three songs put together.

AtariLegend wrote:

^, ^^ What do you mean... ? tongue

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

The thing I don't get about The Blues is how the guitar solo has a happy mood, while the lyrics are supposed to be sad.  The music in The Blues almost sounds like it should go with an entirely different song or something.  In the end it has a very ironic effect.

AtariLegend wrote:
Backslash wrote:

The thing I don't get about The Blues is how the guitar solo has a happy mood, while the lyrics are supposed to be sad.  The music in The Blues almost sounds like it should go with an entirely different song or something.  In the end it has a very ironic effect.

The same could be said about the "November Rain" and 40% of every song... ever made.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Better is definitely two, maybe three songs put together.

I never understood this theory. I think it's one song. The breakdown in the middle isn't so extreme or far off that it would be from another song. I think it was meant to sound the way it sounds.

Board footer