You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Boston George
 Rep: 1 

Re: Eddie Trunk on Chinese Democracy

AtariLegend wrote:

^ I don't think "The Blues" & "There Was A Time" aren't just some pieces of music thrown together...

I think those tracks are a bit better than jam sessions, and I'm pretty sure some people, even here would agree with me.

I'd actually say that "The Blues" and "TWAT" are perfect examples of songs being thrown together. I've always felt that the majority of new songs (if you can even call them new) have very little flow to them. I wouldn't be surprised to find out TWAT was originally 3 or 4 different snippets of songs combined. Most of these songs sound entirely overworked and re-worked, imo.  To me, it's  alomost painfully obvious that we are no longer dealing with the same individuals responsible for bringing us Appetite and the UYI's.

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Better is definitely two, maybe three songs put together.

I've the same feeling

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

It's so hard to know if that is true.   Following GNR history, they did already have Don't Cry in written before AFD came out as well as Back off Bitch, they wanted to save those for the second album so it's not all that unbelievable that Axl is following that same way of doing things especially with all the time he's had thus far.   

The only people that have said he has alot of material are previous producers that have worked with him and Baz.   I for one do believe he has many songs in addition to the 2, 3 or 4 versions of songs or songs that may have been 2 songs worked together.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

if i could interject...its been said before by both Duff and Gilby, that all the material that the orig band had written was available...so we can prolly assume that all new material is post '96 at least

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
Neemo wrote:

if i could interject...its been said before by both Duff and Gilby, that all the material that the orig band had written was available...so we can prolly assume that all new material is post '96 at least

Good point Neemo, I remember them saying this as well.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Just like I remember Zakk Wylde saying that Duff has the songs they wrote together with Slash. I also remember the Making of Estranged video where Slash plays an acoustic riff with Axl singin' - it later became Snakepit I's Back & Forth Again. Slash plays something during the GN'R Pinball Machine Special - that later became Be The Ball. Slash said that Fall to Pieces was originally written for GN'R, just like Snakepit II's Speed Parade. This I Love dates back to the early 90s. Believe me, they have a lot of stuff post '91, some of them may have materialized into complete songs, some reamined ideas that were later used for solo projects.

AtariLegend wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Just like I remember Zakk Wylde saying that Duff has the songs they wrote together with Slash. I also remember the Making of Estranged video where Slash plays an acoustic riff with Axl singin' - it later became Snakepit I's Back & Forth Again. Slash plays something during the GN'R Pinball Machine Special - that later became Be The Ball. Slash said that Fall to Pieces was originally written for GN'R, just like Snakepit II's Speed Parade. This I Love dates back to the early 90s. Believe me, they have a lot of stuff post '91, some of them may have materialized into complete songs, some reamined ideas that were later used for solo projects.

"Behind The Music" + Gilby suggests they spent alot of time making stuff in 1994...

Izzy helped Duff write material stuff for the next GNR album in 95'.

Duff + Steve Jones... 96' + Robin Fink ect... 97'.

There is an old interview with Duff from around that period, about he "believed" in the direction things were going "Post Slash Era".

....But that doesn't mean I think Velvet Revolver wrote "Chinese Democracy"

AtariLegend wrote:

Eddie Trunk host of "Friday Night Rocks" in NYC on Q104.3 (NYC, NJ, LI, CT) has updated his blog on Guns N' Roses, about the now infamous Chinese Democracy album. Eddie Trunk has posted the following on his blog:

"I hear the new G&R CD is actually done, but the delay in release is not the bands issues but the label. There is so much money tied up in this record that in today's business it will be virtually impossible to be profitable, meaning the label might want to sell it off but can not find a buyer since nobody buys CDs anymore. Problem might not be Axl (rose) this time around and might keep this CD in limbo for more years to come. Hopefully it gets resolved."

"I've heard rumors that maybe the album was finished, and it was actually handed-in, I guess it could be true. I do find it believable that Geffen or Interscope is the one holding back the album. There have been artists on that label whom have had their albums pushed back and delayed for odd reasons. Resulting in many artists leaving the label, so this is nothing new."

Geffen Records or a representative were not immediately available to comment on the report.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upc … eport.html

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

While I find it hard to swallow, its definitely possible. Interscope(Uni) delayed M.I.A.'s album for a few months last year. They never gave a reason, and neither did M.I.A.

The only way any of this is true is if we do in fact get the album later this year. If its another silent year, this was just a case of GNR blowing smoke up our ass and passing the buck.

Board footer