You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Eddie Trunk on Chinese Democracy

Sky Dog wrote:

"I don't see anything in these comments to suggest either a double album or a trilogy. Interesting numbers though. 13 songs, and if each song has two versions recorded, it brings us to 26. Better supposedly has three versions(normal leak, synth version, and the acoustic not yet heard). The Blues also has three versions. If only four more songs have 3 different versions, we are now at Axl's magic number 32.

That scenario isn't a stretch. Its just as likely(more likely in my opinion) as there being 32 different songs. "

James, that is the most insane thing you have ever posted on a Gnr message board.:nervous:   I have no clue what will happen with this farce, but if Axl says he is working on 32 songs, I'll have to take his word for it that it is 32 different tracks after 10 years of fuckin around in the studio with a dozen different musicians. He is crazy but not that crazy.:haha:

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

On the subject of wether or not CD will do big numbers.  In my opinion there is a way for Axl and Uni to make money out of this baby.  Only thing is that Axl will probably never do it.  We've heard everybody's side of the story on old GNR and Slash even released a biography.  If and that is a big IF, Axl really has 3 or 4 albums worth of material to release and plans on releasing it all this is what he needs to do in my opinion.  People need an incentive to buy albums now adays.  So give them what they want.  When people buy the album they get a book where Axl rose tells all.  Of course you charge more.  In this book Axl tells all about the reason the old band imploded, why CD took this long to record, the riots in the UY tour, the cancelled shows in 02, Buckethead, Izzy returning from some shows in 06, his failed marriage, the leaks, his opinion on the forums, on why should people still consider this GNR, possibility of a reunion with the old band or making amends with them etc.  He tells all.  And if he really has 3 or four albums they could have this book done in 3 or four parts.  Wanna read the rest of Axl's story?  Buy the next album when it comes out on whatever date.  Am I a 100% sure it would work?  Nope but it is worth a try and it would be original.  For buying Axl's biography you get his new album.  Just an opinion.

AtariLegend wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Both UYI albums are certified 7x platinum. That's 14 million albums sold at the same frickin' time. Still not as huge as Appetite, which sold 15 million in the U.S.

Those are actually only US only extended initial sales, thats what happend witin a few years, the RIAA for some bizzare reason don't count all sales after a relatively short time span to see an albums long term impact.

AFD has definitely sold more than 20 million in the US alone, and likely closer to 15 million worldwide as opposed to the 10 million from 1997.

I know the UYIs can't beat it seperately, but by the end of the UYI tour, both UYI album sales worldwide stood at around 35 million.

...One other thing, if it is album sales were talking about, and not just going into a shop to buy it.

In the UK last year album sales fell by 11% from stores, but supposedly rose 33% in Legal Downloads.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

"I don't see anything in these comments to suggest either a double album or a trilogy. Interesting numbers though. 13 songs, and if each song has two versions recorded, it brings us to 26. Better supposedly has three versions(normal leak, synth version, and the acoustic not yet heard). The Blues also has three versions. If only four more songs have 3 different versions, we are now at Axl's magic number 32.

That scenario isn't a stretch. Its just as likely(more likely in my opinion) as there being 32 different songs. "

James, that is the most insane thing you have ever posted on a Gnr message board.:nervous:

So I finally topped myself??:haha:

If its 32 individual songs, you start factoring in several versions of each song and then we start getting close to a hundred songs(possibly more).

I don't think a hundred songs were ever recorded. All signs point to very sporadic use of a studio since this soap opera started.

Sky Dog wrote:

Buckethead himself could write 32 songs in a week, much less 10 years! 32 songs out of ten years worth of work is not a lot. 10

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
sic. wrote:

"We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done," he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album."

32 songs, 13 on CD. Not two or three mixes of each song, but 32 separate pieces of music, each of which with obviously more than one version (in various stages of completion) in existence. Calling 32 songs a trilogy (or even three separate albums) is a bit of a stretch, as if the first album would have 13 tracks, the other two would have 19 combined. Let's say a follow-up album of the same sessions would have 15 songs. That would leave a total of four songs to what could be called an 'A-list', meaning songs that have been labored upon enough for Axl to write the lyrics (which he's said tends to come very late in the game in the CD project) - they could be released as B-sides, free downloads, whatever. That would make two separate albums of material, with the inevitable scratched tracks.

i would tend to tink 32 separate peices of music as well

if not i mean we already have what 4 versions of twat, 5-6 of better, 2 irs, citr, blues, maddy, rhiad, sillkworms

which accounts for nearly 20 songs which is not likely, i mean all the versions of the songs we've heard are pretty similar to each other

so 26 nearly complete, that leads me to beleive 13 songs on CD or whatever he ends up calling the album 13 on the followup and 6 songs left over as b-sides or to put on the 3rd album...in typical gnr fashion i would tend to think that there will not be many B-Sides, if the past is any indication

i took these song titles from HTGTH

Most Likely will be on CD
The Blues
Chinese Democracy
Madagascar
Rhiad And The Bedouins
There Was A Time
Better
Catcher In The Rye
I.R.S
Sorry

Might be on CD
Prostitute
This I Love
General
Seven
Leave Me Alone
Thyme
Oklahoma

Won't Be on CD
Oh My God
Silk Worms

Other Rumored Titles
Ides of March
Cock-a-roach Soup
Suckerpunched
No Love Remains
Friend or Foe
Zip It
Something Always
Hearts Get Killed
Closing In On You
Strange Disease

thats 28 but OMG has been done forever so we can most likely remove that from the list so that brings us to 27, but of these 17 are confirmed track titles so that wouldnt even be 2 copies of each song...and whoever said 5 of each track (dizzy or tommy) anyway the numbers dont add up it has to be 32 different tracks

James

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

Buckethead himself could write 32 songs in a week, much less 10 years! 32 songs out of ten years worth of work is not a lot. 10

We know Buckethead can, but Buckethead isn't GNR.

You're acting like 10 years was spent on the project. Various articles and Merck's statement shows that little time was spent on this.

Also interesting how Axl used to say they'd come up with something new and it knocks the old stuff off the list, yet here we are in 08 and the same songs minus Silkworms are still in play. Logic would suggest that a different version of a song knocked an older version off the list.

If you're repeatedly knocking songs off a list but Riyadh, IRS,etc. keep showing up, you aren't knocking much, if anything off the list.

He's just tinkering with the same set of songs.

James

James wrote:

Other Rumored Titles
Ides of March
Cock-a-roach Soup
Suckerpunched
No Love Remains
Friend or Foe
Zip It
Something Always
Hearts Get Killed
Closing In On You
Strange Disease

Key word there: rumored. Only song on that list to ever get a mention from anybody is Ides of March.

If that list is real, its likely just song ideas/fragments and nothing ever came of it.

When you have to rework The Blues and Better 3 times, IRS twice, and Oh My God at least twice, you don't have a ton of material to work with.

Funny when IRS leaked Merck said it wasn't even in the A list tracks. If so, why the desire to keep improving it when you supposedly have a bundle of A list tracks ready for the first album?

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

Other Rumored Titles
Ides of March
Cock-a-roach Soup
Suckerpunched
No Love Remains
Friend or Foe
Zip It
Something Always
Hearts Get Killed
Closing In On You
Strange Disease

Key word there: rumored. Only song on that list to ever get a mention from anybody is Ides of March.

If that list is real, its likely just song ideas/fragments and nothing ever came of it.

When you have to rework The Blues and Better 3 times, IRS twice, and Oh My God at least twice, you don't have a ton of material to work with.

Funny when IRS leaked Merck said it wasn't even in the A list tracks. If so, why the desire to keep improving it when you supposedly have a bundle of A list tracks ready for the first album?

No, Merck said they had at least 10 better songs than IRS. I hope they do.

Sky Dog wrote:

The Blues
Chinese Democracy
Madagascar
Rhiad And The Bedouins
There Was A Time
Better
Catcher In The Rye
I.R.S
Sorry
Prostitute
This I Love
General
Atlas Shrugged-heard by classic rock magazine
If the World-on the setlist posted by Del
Silkworms

that is 15 songs that we KNOW exist with vocals....

Board footer