You are not logged in. Please register or login.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

Re: Sweet Child in The Office finale

smoke wrote:

The show was hit or miss the last few seasons, but I stuck with it anyways. Last night's finale had Dwight and Angela coming down the aisle to a classical version of Sweet Child. Pretty funny - the rest of the wedding music was highly hair/70s rock as well.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I thought the finale as a whole was pretty blah. But then again so were the last few seasons. The show certainly wasn't the same after Michael left and really trended downward after Jim and Pam actually got together. Should've ended there on a high note. There were some good episodes during that time, but they were highly inconsistent as opposed to the first half of the series.

I did enjoy the SCOM placement though. And I've always liked "Angela" by Mötley Crüe. Obviously a great choice considering. It just seemed like they tried to do too much in the final episode. I don't know, finales are always tough. It's probably more that I'm not sad to see the show go because of how much it's regressed over the years. They didn't leave me wanting more.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Agreed that its best seasons were passed. Didn't care about any of the sappy retrospective stuff either.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Thought this was one of the better series finales I've seen and yeah I agree that the past seasons without Micheal haven't been as good; but there were some great episodes especially this season and some good character moments. Can be hard to look out for; but they tried to keep the show going and knew when it was time to call it a day and end on a high note. Micheal showing up was very sincere and didn't feel forced and yes the Sweet Child opening to the wedding was rad!

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

Micheal showing up was very sincere

That part just baffled me.  How do you bring back Carrell and not give him a joke?

faldor

faldor wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

Micheal showing up was very sincere

That part just baffled me.  How do you bring back Carrell and not give him a joke?

He got the "that's what she said" joke in.  And the joke about raising your children and then watching them marry each other. 

But I do think he was underutilized, and much more tame than when he was a regular.  Maybe they didn't want to focus too much on him and focus more on those who stuck with the show till the end.  But he was such a major part of the show, I would've liked to see more of him.  I saw his appearance coming from a mile away too.  Would've liked it to have been a little more unpredictable.  But again, I may be being a little too critical.  I guess they tied things up nicely at the end.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I think the producers had something more for him to do in the final episode; but Steve i think said he didn't want to bring too much attention on his character and let the characters that lasted on the show have their moments like faldor mentioned. So they kept his role minimal; but let fans enjoy one last Micheal moment that I know everyone wanted. It felt right with what was going on.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

I think the producers had something more for him to do in the final episode; but Steve i think said he didn't want to bring too much attention on his character and let the characters that lasted on the show have their moments like faldor mentioned. So they kept his role minimal; but let fans enjoy one last Micheal moment that I know everyone wanted. It felt right with what was going on.

That makes sense, but that show missed him so much.  Noble move on his part I guess.

Here's the clip in case anyone missed it or is interested in seeing it.

faldor

faldor wrote:

The producer of the instrumental version of SCOM that appeared in The Office finale contacted me (via the video of the scene I posted on youtube) and asked me to share the following links.

To purchase this version
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/sweet … =525218744

Also visit the following sites for more information
http://stringsattached.org/
http://www.youtube.com/jazzviolawill
http://Facebook.com/StringsAttached

Board footer