You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: john fogerty: i wrote a song for everyone

Neemo wrote:

Just heard a song on the radio...john fogerty with foo fighters doing fortunate son..Dave and john sharing vocals....was good...a bit faster than orig too

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Oohh...i would love to hear this version. They should do Up Around The Bend.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Aparenty john is rereleasing a bunch of ccr songs with other artists as guests

Me_Wise_Magic

Interesting. Might hear a few of them.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

CCR is my shit. Pagan Baby would be my favorite tune from them. Such a classic band. Goes well with pot and a sunny sunday drive.

Heard about this but still haven't heard the song.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

John Fogerty Revives 'Fortunate Son' With Foo Fighters - Song Premiere Creedence Clearwater Revival's 1969 anthem gets some new grit

RJ CUBARRU

MAY 2 0 , 2 01 3 8 :0 0 AM

Click to listen to John Fogerty with Foo Fighters' "Fortunate Son"

John Fogerty enlisted an all-star group of collaborators for his upcoming album Wrote a Song for Everyone, and the Foo Fighters were among his jam partners. Fogerty dug through his deep catalog for the album, from his Creedence Clearwater Revival days to his solo career, and teamed with Dave Grohl and crew for a revival of CCR's anti-war anthem "Fortunate Son." The original's immediate twang and unhurried drums are swapped out for toothy riffs from Fogerty, while Grohl provides thick, beefy rhythm guitar. The previously steady drums shift into overgear, giving the track a big punk-rock kick. It's a gritty new look at an old favorite.

John Fogerty, Foo Fighters Light Up 'Fortunate Son' in the Studio

"It was palpable, the air," Fogerty told Rolling Stone earlier this week on rerecording the track. "You could tell a band was in there. It was a unique group of people."

Wrote a Song for Everyone will be out May 28th and also features duets with My Morning Jacket, Bob Seger, Jennifer Hudson, Kid Rock, Brad Paisley and more. Fogerty will celebrate the album's release, as well as his birthday, by hosting a special one-off show that night at the El Rey Theatre in Los Angeles

You can listen to the full song here:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ … e-20130520

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

Not bad. Not great. I enjoyed it though. Makes me curious to hear the rest of the record.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Honestly, I thought John Fogerty's parts were the worst part of the song. Seems like he has lost his voice.

Dave Grohl sounds great though!

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Honestly, I thought John Fogerty's parts were the worst part of the song. Seems like he has lost his voice.

Dave Grohl sounds great though!

I was thinking that but didn't wanna say it. 16

Me_Wise_Magic

John sounded off during the song and it kind of dragged it down. Started off rough; but Dave's voice and the rest of the band got it down. The original is still a treasure; but this sounds like a fun jam that just needed better production.

Board footer