You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Doctor Sleep (King's Official Sequel to The Shining)

http://www.stephenking.com/promo/doctor … index.html

Don't know if we have done novels yet in this thread; but something tells me a movie will develop from this novelization later on after it's fall release. Looks very appealing and I haven't read a whole lot of books in awhile. So I may pick it up in September. Enjoy the info and concept.

doctor_sleep_us_hr.jpg

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Love some good Stephen King- my favs are when they do miniseries in the summer. It's been so long since they've done that, but aren't they working one up now?

I'll definitely read this.

Me_Wise_Magic

smoke wrote:

Love some good Stephen King- my favs are when they do miniseries in the summer. It's been so long since they've done that, but aren't they working one up now?

I'll definitely read this.

Not sure if they are working on a mini series at the moment. I know that Stephen King produced a TV show awhile back and I think it's still on the air. Oh ok cool! smile

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Try this idea on for size...

Does anybody think King could woo a guy like Christopher Nolan in doing a big screen sequel to The Shining? Nolan and/or Nicholas Refn are very Kubrick, could do it justice, even though I know Kubrick's film since has been criticized for departing from the novel too much.

Me_Wise_Magic

I could see Nolan doing this and I think it would be an amazing idea for him to pull off. I know King would approve of this choice due to Nolan bringing success to many films and not just Batman. Hell..if M. Night wasn't on the train to crazy town and have so many fuck ups & bad movies and go back to his pre-Village roots, I think he would of made an adaptation of this work if the book came out earlier. But..now with his streak absolutely not. I could see Del Toro do something of this nature. It's hard to say on King's mindset of who he would choose and how much control he would want over the adaptation due to his displeasure over many of these films based off his work not just the Shining.

Me_Wise_Magic

Book came out last week. Looks quite promising and getting good reviews. Saying it's not just a sequel; but can hold it's own as an individual story by King. Love the premise and read some of the first couple of pages on the Amazon.com preview.

doctor%20sleep.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Doctor-Sleep-Nove … ctor+Sleep

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Reading it now.

Love it

Love The Shining.. hate the raping Kubrick did to it.

Me_Wise_Magic

Oh awesome man. I'm hoping it pick it up in a couple weeks once I have some free time to do some quiet reading and play video games. smile Glad you are enjoying it thus far.

Board footer