You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Nirvana In Utero 10'th anniversary reissue

Going to pick this up in a couple weeks. Pretty sweet collection they have for this reissue. I was originally going to pick up the album on CD since it was $4 and in good condition; but this seems like the better deal. I own several live renditions of the songs already; but still. big_smile

http://loudwire.com/full-track-list-rar … e-reissue/

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:

In Utero is Nirvana`s best album.

Me_Wise_Magic

Nice! More of a fan of Bleach and Nevermind; but yeah I still have plenty of love for Utero.  Killer songs and the grittier production makes the material sound more fresh and in your face. That album was Kurt's true vision.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

This.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Might have a bit of electric lettuce and have a listen

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

20th anniversary, but I get what you meant.  Anyway I'm curious to hear songs 19 & 20 off this, the Albini mixes on the more pop tracks.  Always heard Steve Albini recorded & turned in the album and the record company HATED it.  Literally belittled him, said it was pure garbage etc.. and that there were no "hits". He refused to fix it and basically walked away from it and they gave it to someone else to remix. I assume those are the "Litt versions".

Furbush

Furbush wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Always heard Steve Albini recorded & turned in the album and the record company HATED it.  Literally belittled him, said it was pure garbage etc.. and that there were no "hits". He refused to fix it and basically walked away from it and they gave it to someone else to remix. I assume those are the "Litt versions".

I remember that shit... Hahaha

I love this record. All of it. It's long been my favorite Nirvana record. It's heavy and raw and flawless... I can't wait to hear all of this shit. big_smile

Furbush

Furbush wrote:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Furbush wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

This.

Thirded. In Utero is their magnum opus, but i'm scared to get the re-issue because of the fact the sound mixers basically RAPED Nevermind. Loudness Wars bullshit...

In Utero probably will be the same story.

Me_Wise_Magic

I've actually heard that this In Utero remaster is fucking great and it's proper remaster. It offers the original remaster plus the remixed tracks with the bonus stuff. Also it doesn't involve tweaking, tampering, and any other loudness war bullshit. It's Nirvana...!! I've been hearing great reviews of the box sets and just the 2 and 3 Disc versions. As well as the released Live and Loud concert. Definitely going to pick up real soon. smile Glad I didn't get Nevermind back in 2011 and got it a year prior which was the right CD version. Bleach remaster with the bonus photos and live tracks is fucking sick. Love that album too even though they became a signature gelled group when Dave finally joined.

http://www.amazon.com/Utero-2CD-20th-An … s=In+Utero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4tcsQJ4bQ0&noredirect=1

Board footer