You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Re: Leaked GN'R Songs Thread

Son of a Gun wrote:

Axl was a juvenile delinquent at the age of 16 enough said. Izzy later commented about that incident and sad that Vince hit like a powder puff.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Duff would murder both. I think Slash now might be a lil scrapper too.

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

Axl was a juvenile delinquent at the age of 16 enough said. Izzy later commented about that incident and sad that Vince hit like a powder puff.

What are you talking about? Vince broke his nose.

Saboteur

Saboteur wrote:
smoke wrote:

Axl has never followed through on any fight ever where he wasn't surrounded by security. I think his bark is worse than his bite.

+1

AXL= Glenn Danzig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfD7agP1yxw

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if Slash had never been in a fight.

Saboteur

Saboteur wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if Slash had never been in a fight.

I would not be surprised if you did not participate in the fight ever also

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Just heard Going Down for the first time. Kinda mediocre IMHO.

-D- wrote:

Goin Down isn't anywhere in 14 Years or Dust N Bones class... hell not even So Fine

I'm afraid I have to agree. I wanted to give it time to sink in, but the song doesn't do much for me. Even Scraped and Riad had hooks that were instantly memorable.

I can honestly say that Going Down is hummable (pardon the expression), but I expected more from a Tommy-GN'R song. This would be a B-side even on a Tommy album. Hell, "One Man Mutiny" with Richard & Dizzy DESTROYS Going Down. That song is FAR more GN'R sans Axl.

The only other tune I liked was the DJ-dark remix of Better. Still catchy, still works, but has a different WAY WAY WAY more modern energy. I could say that Better remix being thrown out as a single on the next record to give it another shot at the charts. Is it better than the Robin original? No. (boy if Russ was here to see THAT comment)

The rest... bleh. The Better club remix is fucking atrocious, and is some attempt at Trent Reznor meeting White Zombie, and it falls flat. The Blood In The Water track (glad to be vindicated when I called it a Prostitute remix), is... well... a Prostitute remix. It's simply a re-tooling of buried symphonies, and lost guitar parts in the original mix, nothing more than we weren't doing with the Mogg's and it goes absolutely NOWHERE.

Ron's acoustic version of Better is pretty much his death nail with me. I'm done with the guy. He's a nice, funny, generous, warm, loving man, and I wish him nothing but the best, but... next. I haven't heard one thing he's done or re-done that didn't weaken what it was prior, it emotes nothing, and even his noodly-noodly shredding solos (the only reason he's still there), aren't even a hair's breath of Buckethead.

I don't see the point of the guy. If you want someone to do Bucket's stuff -- get Bucket. If you just want extra lead, bump Richard up to lead, and call Izzy.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
smoke wrote:

Axl has never followed through on any fight ever where he wasn't surrounded by security. I think his bark is worse than his bite.

Tell that to his ex-wives wink (Sorry Axl) (Sorry Feminism) (Sorry Everyone)

My opinion (from the literature having not met axl) is that Axl gets into extremes of moods.

Mostly he is calm and rational and good natured. But in the few moments when he is deeply upset he is basically the devil.

So in a fight with Vince I think it will depend what moment.

Normal Axl would avoid a fight as he is smarter than that.

But in a non-preplanned fight, if someone pushed Axl on the wrong day, at the wrong moment, in a situation where he got into fight or flight mode and Axl felt cornered....I think not only would he bring his everything to the fight...he wouldn't stop at just a fight....

Look at the way he has bitten and punched groups of police and security and it's taken groups to arrest him.

99% of the time it wouldn't happen, but if it did happen, I think axl would stop at nothing to be the last guy standing...because he seems to live with his everything...and I think he'd go past the point of sanity faster in a fight....like he'd be the guy who puts it ALL on the line.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I think this "whose superhero would beat whose superhero" game is a bit... Unreal. I mean Duff would beat the shit out of the rest of the band, together. For sure.

No, it's so far out in the fanboyist realm, that I can't even follow.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

I think this "whose superhero would beat whose superhero" game is a bit... Unreal. I mean Duff would beat the shit out of the rest of the band, together. For sure.

No, it's so far out in the fanboyist realm, that I can't even follow.

Well let's start with something easy that I think we can all agree on. Literally ANYONE could beat up the singer of ADLER. big_smile

Board footer