You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: 2002 - Intro, Jungle & It's So Easy Videos

Will wrote:

Edit: Moved from Downloads forum.

I've tried to make it less obvious that it's a video camera filming the big screen 22 See the original, audience-filmed video footage here.

Frame by frame I've panned the video to only show the video wall and nothing off-screen. Any footage out-of-view is lost every frame, but I thought the end result (see above) might be easier to watch than the original video (see here - JohnM sourced through the tracker). Just trying shit out really to see how it would look 16

2itk03k.jpg

If there is a better video wall bootleg out there let me know and I'll try to find a torrent - can be from any GNR lineup. The Boston 2002 video soundboard looks quite good as the camera looks steadier to start off with, it's dead center, and I can keep the aspect ratio as it is - basically just remove the black area from all edges of the screen to make it appear like a pro shot 2002 video, which we don't have many of. That dvd isn't seeded on the tracker though sad So I'm open to suggestions

Also that 2002 intro video above has a dvd rip of the original speech so it's much higher quality than any boot smile

Cheers

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Love it. That intro is really cool. I think it's better than The General intro. We need to hear Jungle afterwards though. It doesn't feel right not to. 16

I forgot how cool those images from that tour were. Good job, man. smile

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

Man, thats way cool, thanks for posting it.

I do love the 2002 stuff, even though many panned it. And the boston soundboard audio boot is great. Maddy from that is cool.

Respect for working on that.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Very cool video improvements, Will. Would love to see Jungle and a few other vids from this show. Still love the General orchestral intro; but the Exorcist one definitely built tension and excitement for the early shows.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I always liked that Exorcist III intro. But I agree with ID that it needs Jungle behind it. Just too used to it.

Btw.... good God how ridiculous Axl looked then, lol. People think he looks bad now, sheesh.

Will

Will wrote:

Glad you like them, will post Jungle tomorrow big_smile Will take about 4 hours to upload as it's 700Mb. Was thinking about putting all three clips into a single video on Youtube but it would take 10 hours to upload 16

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Will wrote:

Glad you like them, will post Jungle tomorrow big_smile Will take about 4 hours to upload as it's 700Mb. Was thinking about putting all three clips into a single video on Youtube but it would take 10 hours to upload 16

Take your time man! No rush! 9

Will

Will wrote:

Jungle added to first post. Watch in 720hd for best quality cool

Video needs cleaning up some more (too shaky camera, hands blocking view etc) but a decent performance anyways smile

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Thanks again Will for adding Jungle. When you listen to Axl's voice there, when for YEARS we all shitted on 2002, he actually sounds better there than he does today. At least that band had Bucket.

*ducks flying object from ID*

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Thanks again Will for adding Jungle. When you listen to Axl's voice there, when for YEARS we all shitted on 2002, he actually sounds better there than he does today. At least that band had Bucket.

*ducks flying object from ID*

I dunno man, sure he has some power there, but it still sounds very Mickey Mouse to me...

Board footer