You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Cathouse 1989...holy shit

Sky Dog wrote:

never seen this footage...good God what a band...saw this at MyGnr...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HkmjYCPUX0

imsorry wrote:

WOW ,thanks for the link!

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

That's damn cool.

I suspect it wouldn't be that hard to remove the big green X, with a bit of video restoration know-how.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

That is really nice stuff...I often wondered why there aren't more concerts available in high quality...specifically from the band. I can't really say why, but I've always thought the Tokyo DVDs were shit. I don't know if they just weren't well done or the band wasn't on their A game. But, I've always thought that the sound sucked. Maybe it's just me..

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

never seen this footage...good God what a band...saw this at MyGnr...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HkmjYCPUX0

You're never gonna learn the YouTube tags are you? 16

God what a fucking band. They were just starting to get really tight. That period man from 1988-1991... what a lost opportunity in some ways. I mean, they played some kick ass shows, nearly broke up, nearly died, fired their drummer, hired a keyboardist, and wrote and finished a double-album, and rebooted the band by '91.... so maybe it wasn't lost, lol.

But at the same time, what a fucking band. Greatest rock band to ever roam the earth at that point.

Too bad Axl doesn't see it that way. hmm

That's why there aren't more of these shows. I don't think they're hiding in a vault. I think they're hiding at Axl's house, and he just wants to bury that period.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

That's why there aren't more of these shows. I don't think they're hiding in a vault. I think they're hiding at Axl's house, and he just wants to bury that period.

And what a damn shame that is.

Shit, I'm still hoping to one day get that UYI Perfect Crime doco, at least before I die...! 14

Surely Axl's funds will dwindle enough for him to consider releasing old stuff that's guaranteed to sell. Maybe in 10-20 years or so...

I still think if he has no plans with the current band, just give us what we want - release old footage!!! 5

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Yep this is why i would love to see Axl and Slash at least talking again so theres a change Iv this stuff getting seeing the light of day

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

It would be a treat to see all that officially released. Hopefully some day! Cool leaked footage. Now that's having fun on stage.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

I see this at the start of the year sometime I thought I posted anyway killer

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

And what a damn shame that is.

Shit, I'm still hoping to one day get that UYI Perfect Crime doco, at least before I die...! 14

Surely Axl's funds will dwindle enough for him to consider releasing old stuff that's guaranteed to sell. Maybe in 10-20 years or so...

I still think if he has no plans with the current band, just give us what we want - release old footage!!! 5

I think he's still mainly holding off in case of a reunion, even though he swears it won't ever happen.

Think about it. The value of that old vault skyrockets exponentially if they get on at least good terms, maybe play a show or two, and then just do the Led Zeppelin thing and tap the vault, remasters in shit.

There would be HUGE money in that in a publically reunited original GN'R, even if they weren't even touring for years at a time.

Release it now would be a huge business mistake tbh.

Board footer