You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: Interview With Dizzy Reed

Intercourse wrote:

If the RNRHOF were rewarding people a place in recognition of how long people hung around in bands then Anvil, Saxon, Great White and allllllll of the others should be inducted too.

Rubbish logic and yes, fuck the hall for charging its inductees to show up and get dinner.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Interview With Dizzy Reed

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

You know, when we use the, "everybody in the world..." argument... Everybody in the world couldn't give a shit, and I could care less about what 99% of them think. It's like any of my favorite bands, films, actors... People in the media and people in general take pot shots at them for years, until it's suddenly "cool" to be a fan (like Mickey Rourke... I was a fan from when he was Motorcycle Boy even through the Exit In Red days, damn it! I never lost faith in his abilities, even when everyone else did and he became a punchline) and not only do they become fans, they suddenly become purists. Who gives a shit what anyone thinks. I'm glad he didn't go to the R&RHF. I'm sure he was making a point by not showing up and not allowing anyone else to dictate his place in rock history, past or present, or his band, or give those people any kind of credibility by attending their event.  So when anyone uses "the world doesn't see them as [whatever], I roll my eyes and think: "Whatever, dude." You guys don't give a shit when people look down on any of the Snakepit albums that you like, or care what people think about a song or other artist you like. Same here. These tail chasing arguments about this being a band or what have you are really pointless now. And "world view" is completely subjective.

If the original line up is going to reunite for a one off show, do it in an old LA club for free.

Sorry for the rant, my GN'R discussions have been bottled up for a while wink

The world view is completely subjective? On Guns N' Roses? The only fucking thing they ever did was from 1987-1993.

So if I buy enough stock, and eventually become a majority stock holder, and I buy the rights to a name, and call my tin shack "Wal-Mart".... does it make it a Wal-Mart?

22 13

Board footer