You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

Re: GILBY CLARKE: The Moment I Knew I Was Not Going To Play With GUNS N' R

jonesy wrote:

I always liked Gilby, and still do.  I think he had a cool vibe that fitted well, even if he didnt have the song writing skills of Izzy. 

I found this quite interesting, he knew that he should enjoy it while it lasted, and Axl knew he was just there to see them through the tour. Writing was on the wall already.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/gilby- … um=twitter

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

It's a shame that not even Slash or Duff got in touch with the guy saying what was going down in the aftermath of Spaghetti's recordings and the UYI tour. Gilby I've been a fan of his playing live and some of the stuff he gets involved with from time to time. He was kicking ass when he was the guest guitar player on an episode of TMS awhile back. Comes off as a humble, chill guy too.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

Yeah, I hear what you are saying about Slash and Duff, but I think back then things were so screwed up for Slash and Duff that they just wouldn't have registered it, I mean that was the sessions where it all blew up with Paul Huge, so I guess Slash especially was trying to deal with that, and Duff was just an alcoholic mess.  Gilby was probably not on their radar in terms of the problems they had.

Still, sucks that he seemed to get the bum deal on it all.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Thanks for reposting smile

A lot of people think I erased Izzy's [Stradlin] parts. That's actually not true. Izzy didn't play on a lot of them, so I got to just put my parts on songs that were recorded. So it was a little bit of both.

I could have sworn that williambailey on HTGTH's forum shared recordings of TSI featuring Izzys original guitar? Wasn't that posted around the same time as the UYI Q-Sounds?

Also, not sure where Gilbys solo album would fit in to the timeline but Axl appeared on one of them, and did that one off live performance with him.

Board footer