You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Doctor Who

Any viewers or fans of the series around here? Want to discuss any episodes or content relating to the show. Slowly starting to become a fan after being a casual viewer for awhile now. Been watching a combination of the series' featuring the 10 and 11'th Doctors. Going back to the 9'th and having watching episodes and snip bits of 4'th and 5'th Doctors.

Me_Wise_Magic

Any fans or newcomers out there to join in the discussion?

Doctorwho_50th-anniversary-thumbnail_01.jpg

Doctor-Who-Peter-Capaldi1.jpg

The new 12'th Doctor, Peter Capaldi was announced awhile back.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006q2x0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who

AtariLegend wrote:

Unfortunately I watch it here out of habit more than anything else. The show is just too silly with extreme lack's of continuity and there's more threat of danger in a non special than in a Disney movie.

Would have preferred classic Doctor Who with updated special effects sad.

Can't believe they gave him a new regeneration cycle instead of at least doing a series based around the 13th Doctor and how he's getting closer towards the end, instead of ignoring what could have been one of the biggest plot points in the  entire series history.

Me_Wise_Magic

AtariLegend wrote:

Unfortunately I watch it here out of habit more than anything else. The show is just too silly with extreme lack's of continuity and there's more threat of danger in a non special than in a Disney movie.

Would have preferred classic Doctor Who with updated special effects sad.

Can't believe they gave him a new regeneration cycle instead of at least doing a series based around the 13th Doctor and how he's getting closer towards the end, instead of ignoring what could have been one of the biggest plot points in the  entire series history.

I understand. The reason for the new regeneration cycle is mostly due to the new popularity of the show especially since it's bigger than ever before in the U.S. as well as it's home in the U.K. They want to keep this show going for many years and want to experiment. I hope for the best with different writers. Judging from Capaldi's casting and behind the scenes stuff I've been hearing, Series 8 will bring a more classic Who formula. I just want Moffat to leave. He is the biggest problem with hurting continuity (..and other factors!) even though DW has always gone and back forth with the concept for decades I guess. Judging from fans and changes in development. The Time of the Doctor Christmas special was just a mess in pacing (mainly due to the production feeling rushed and the lackluster script). That I will agree. Even though Matt Smith was the guy who got me into the show with his fun performance and charisma. Speaking of Classic Who, I'm starting to get into myself. Watching the episodes that have been posted and streamed online on sites like Daily motion, clips on Youtube, and such. The newly released DVDs look quite promising. 2nd Doctor is becoming one of my favorites and going back to various seasons from the First, Fourth, and Fifth Doctors when I get the chance. Trying to find and finish off certain completed 2nd Doctor story arcs that have either have been leaked, finished, or at least currently ret coned. Watched the 1996 TV movie which was so bad it's good. Paul McGann was robbed for he made a great doctor and Eric Roberts hamming it up 80s B movie/Power Rangers villain is just one of the wow factors. His version of the Master was a cross between a Terminator ripoff and Albert Wesker from the Resident Evil franchise. 16 If you have any other tales to recommend, I'm open to suggestions.

Board footer