You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Ron leaving the band after Vegas?

Sky Dog wrote:

I am sure there is a bit of structure with the money flow in and out at this point....but then again?????????

Too funny that Gilby is actually the Grandfather (or shall we say Godfather) of all his gunslingin', bastard, hired hand, geetar playin' chiln'....Robin, Bucket, Ron, Tobias (?), DJ, Fortus and others unknown to us common folk!

Have time and a bit of talent....need money???? I have a job for you!!!

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

Back to this "Supergroup"...This is fucking terrible. I'd rather listen to Senior Citizen Rose's Lonely New Guns Cover Band or Myles Kennedy's wobbly whining wail drown out killer Slash riffs than this generic modern rock fucking garbage.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I am sure there is a bit of structure with the money flow in and out at this point....but then again?????????

Too funny that Gilby is actually the Grandfather (or shall we say Godfather) of all his gunslingin', bastard, hired hand, geetar playin' chiln'....Robin, Bucket, Ron, Tobias (?), DJ, Fortus and others unknown to us common folk!

Have time and a bit of talent....need money???? I have a job for you!!!

Gary Sunshine, Dave Navarro,  Zakk Wylde,  and many others..

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don't ever remember Richard ever being a "no comment guy."

Granted, this was a reasonably isolated incident, but it's just to say, he can be that guy, if needs must.

Big Pat - You and Robin played X Japan's "Endless Rain" as part of your
guitar duet during some of GN'R's Japanese shows in July 2007. Why that
song? Who picked it?

Richard Fortus - No comment on this question.

Big Pat - We know Robin has signed on to do NIN tour this summer. You guys
seem to have amazing chemistry on stage. Are you looking forward to
playing with him in the future? And speaking of chemistry, how
important is it?

Big Pat - There's a lot of buzz right now regarding GN'R and the Dr. Pepper challenge. Do you think you might be drinking a free Dr Pepper soon?

This interview was conducted in early 2008, a very important time in CD history, as the deals with Azoff and BestBuy were both moving along. It was to be Axl's 'Get Out of Jail Free' card - he was essentially given an 11th hour rescue - if only he'd buy into Azoff's plan to play the industry ball and do a reunion on the side, to maximize on the Guns franchise. Azoff would have Ticketmaster, he could arrange quality US tours for both lineups. Only Axl flipped, stayed home and talked to the fans directly before moving to mainstream media to berate Slash, the record company and Slash again. Just goes on to show how hurt Axl was with the outcome of the saga, even if he championed the album.

misterID wrote:

Posting a Duff picture is really no big deal, the dude toured with them.

When sat next to the pic of Del James with Slash in the background, it can be seen as a positive development in Axl's emotions regarding the old lineup. Axl now seems to be in perfectly cordial terms with Izzy (that 14 Years performance was a biting response to RRHOF, inc. rather than the old lineup, methinks) and with Duff. In the past, he has been supersensitive about Slash.

There has been a Slash t-shirt policy in place in Guns shows ever since RIR3.
A&R Tom Zutaut was reportedly fired because it turned out he was in touch with Slash.
Slash was turned away at the Guns show door in Dec 2001 in Vegas.

All this has apparently been done by Axl's handlers. He's such a hair trigger, promoters and whatnot are generally scared that he'll do his freak out routine and cut the show early, given he appears at all. Axl has made his own reputation here and because of that, there have been cancellations where other people have read into the situation and considered his track record before pulling the plug. St. Louis, Montreal, Vancouver, Philly.

His people have now posted a Del James shot with Slash (in recognizable form) in the background. Beta would delete it and yell at the person responsible if she felt Axl would freak out. The assumption, therefore, is that Axl's cool with having an old pic of Slash there. Fortus is talking openly about using Slash riffs as foundations for unreleased songs. Again, Fortus knows the gravity the 'S' word has in Axl's dictionary.

The grapevine has it that we have Duff to thank for AFDem, as apparently he got Slash to sign off with the old songs. All three made money out of it. Guns mended their fences with Uni somewhat by handing over a product - their first post-CD. It'll be curious if Axl ever reactivates to see if he notices the potential herein. He could have Down by the Ocean on CD2, with Duff and Izzy guesting.

Does this mean reunion? Nah.

misterID wrote:

I don't see this as anything other than further evidence that Ron is out.

I agree with you that I believe Ron is out.

If they tour and he's on stage again, I believe that, at that point, he's a returning member.

Sky Dog wrote:

I don't think anybody is "in" at this moment....

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Interesting summary Apex-Twin.

Shame Rons out coz he genuinely seems like a good guy, but I don't think he's missing out on anything other than a potential future touring pay check. I think pulling the pin is a good call by Ron (assuming it was his call). Guns isn't going to satisfy his creative/artistic outlet for new music/composing. Seems to me that it's probably time for him to move on. Guns has been good for Ron and vice versa, but I think the potential benefit for both parties has reached a limit.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don't ever remember Richard ever being a "no comment guy."

Granted, this was a reasonably isolated incident, but it's just to say, he can be that guy, if needs must.

Big Pat - You and Robin played X Japan's "Endless Rain" as part of your
guitar duet during some of GN'R's Japanese shows in July 2007. Why that
song? Who picked it?

Big Pat - We know Robin has signed on to do NIN tour this summer. You guys
seem to have amazing chemistry on stage. Are you looking forward to
playing with him in the future? And speaking of chemistry, how
important is it?

Big Pat - There's a lot of buzz right now regarding GN'R and the Dr. Pepper challenge. Do you think you might be drinking a free Dr Pepper soon?

This interview was conducted in early 2008, a very important time in CD history, as the deals with Azoff and BestBuy were both moving along. It was to be Axl's 'Get Out of Jail Free' card - he was essentially given an 11th hour rescue - if only he'd buy into Azoff's plan to play the industry ball and do a reunion on the side, to maximize on the Guns franchise. Azoff would have Ticketmaster, he could arrange quality US tours for both lineups. Only Axl flipped, stayed home and talked to the fans directly before moving to mainstream media to berate Slash, the record company and Slash again. Just goes on to show how hurt Axl was with the outcome of the saga, even if he championed the album.

misterID wrote:

Posting a Duff picture is really no big deal, the dude toured with them.

When sat next to the pic of Del James with Slash in the background, it can be seen as a positive development in Axl's emotions regarding the old lineup. Axl now seems to be in perfectly cordial terms with Izzy (that 14 Years performance was a biting response to RRHOF, inc. rather than the old lineup, methinks) and with Duff. In the past, he has been supersensitive about Slash.

There has been a Slash t-shirt policy in place in Guns shows ever since RIR3.
A&R Tom Zutaut was reportedly fired because it turned out he was in touch with Slash.
Slash was turned away at the Guns show door in Dec 2001 in Vegas.

All this has apparently been done by Axl's handlers. He's such a hair trigger, promoters and whatnot are generally scared that he'll do his freak out routine and cut the show early, given he appears at all. Axl has made his own reputation here and because of that, there have been cancellations where other people have read into the situation and considered his track record before pulling the plug. St. Louis, Montreal, Vancouver, Philly.

His people have now posted a Del James shot with Slash (in recognizable form) in the background. Beta would delete it and yell at the person responsible if she felt Axl would freak out. The assumption, therefore, is that Axl's cool with having an old pic of Slash there. Fortus is talking openly about using Slash riffs as foundations for unreleased songs. Again, Fortus knows the gravity the 'S' word has in Axl's dictionary.

The grapevine has it that we have Duff to thank for AFDem, as apparently he got Slash to sign off with the old songs. All three made money out of it. Guns mended their fences with Uni somewhat by handing over a product - their first post-CD. It'll be curious if Axl ever reactivates to see if he notices the potential herein. He could have Down by the Ocean on CD2, with Duff and Izzy guesting.

Does this mean reunion? Nah.

misterID wrote:

I don't see this as anything other than further evidence that Ron is out.

I agree with you that I believe Ron is out.

If they tour and he's on stage again, I believe that, at that point, he's a returning member.

Really, those are different situations with Richard though. They didn't know what was going on with the Robin situation or the Dr. Pepper thing. It was probably more worried about litigation/contractual stuff where it wasn't his place to speak to mess things up. Otherwise, Richard has been pretty open. And they've talked about stuff being around from way back, even using an Izzy song, I'm pretty sure Tommy talked about there being material from the old band years ago. Richard talked about Slash's solo album before, even pointing out the Ozzy song which was obviously about Axl. It's really not a big deal, imo.

And about the picture, I got from it them talking more about Del in that picture than Slash. I don't see any double meanings there. It's a picture of him, showing himself years ago with the band. Going with the insiders over at MSL's site who have been pretty solid, I think it's safe to say there has been no change in Axl's feelings towards Slash. Axl has even told warm stories about him himself. And it hasn't changed much.

johndivney wrote:
Furbush wrote:

Back to this "Supergroup"...This is fucking terrible. I'd rather listen to Senior Citizen Rose's Lonely New Guns Cover Band or Myles Kennedy's wobbly whining wail drown out killer Slash riffs than this generic modern rock fucking garbage.

Supergroup... A bunch of guys nobody's ever heard of & a guy nobody likes.. Super duper.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think it's safe to say there has been no change in Axl's feelings towards Slash. Axl has even told warm stories about him himself. And it hasn't changed much.

Axl, 2009 wrote:

Slash either should not have been in Guns to begin with or should have left after Lies. In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided - and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better.

Axl, 2009 wrote:

Give me a fucking break. What's clear is that one of the two of us will die before a reunion and however sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is. Those decisions were made a long time ago and reiterated year after year by one man.

There are acts that, once committed between individuals, they are what they are. To add insult to injury almost day after day, lapsing into year after year, for more than a decade, is a nightmare. Anyone putting his own personal entertainment above everything else is sickening.

johndivney wrote:

What a big fucking baby. Give me a break. Bitchy little schoolgirl bs. It is funny tho, Axl's way with words.

Board footer