You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Ron leaving the band after Vegas?

misterID wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think it's safe to say there has been no change in Axl's feelings towards Slash. Axl has even told warm stories about him himself. And it hasn't changed much.

Axl, 2009 wrote:

Slash either should not have been in Guns to begin with or should have left after Lies. In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided - and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better.

Axl, 2009 wrote:

Give me a fucking break. What's clear is that one of the two of us will die before a reunion and however sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is. Those decisions were made a long time ago and reiterated year after year by one man.

There are acts that, once committed between individuals, they are what they are. To add insult to injury almost day after day, lapsing into year after year, for more than a decade, is a nightmare. Anyone putting his own personal entertainment above everything else is sickening.

You forgot the pee story!!

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Can we assume then that when Richard says 'no comment' it means that something is happening and anything he actually says can be ignored?

johndivney wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Can we assume then that when Richard says 'no comment' it means that something is happening and anything he actually says can be ignored?

Haha totally.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Two weeks before the tour, Merck and Axl step in, saying, 'Hold your horses! Here's our next Buckethead!'

Honestly, nobody else plays like Bucket, so the best thing to do would be just to cut their losses instead of hiring another fretboard shredder. Guns got along just fine before with two guitarists, so they should just let DJ and Fortus come up with their variations on the solos, and not replace Ron.

Sky Dog wrote:

agree....if you bring in another guitar player, it should be purely a rhythm player....no fuckin solos....all rhythm to help fill out the sound live

...DING DING....calling Paul Tobias!

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

agree....if you bring in another guitar player, it should be purely a rhythm player....no fuckin solos....all rhythm to help fill out the sound live

Rhythm? Probably Duff would be first on the list... Paul is/was more studio/composing.

And I totally agree.. Fortus can shred if needed and could probably replicate the most complex solos just fine.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
otto wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Rhythm? Probably Duff would be first on the list... Paul is/was more studio/composing.

And I totally agree.. Fortus can shred if needed and could probably replicate the most complex solos just fine.

I haven't seen him do any of the crazy finger tapping stuff that Ron does, but outside of that, Fortus should play all the lead guitar live, as he seems to have the best tone live and best all round skill of all of them.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Fortus could do a serviceable job, I feel. Both Bucket and Brain had this loose, funky feel, which has shifted towards more AFD classic rock with Frank and DJ. Fortus played with Bucket, and has an idea of what his parts were in regards to the overall sound. Instead of it being DJ thinking those TIL solos sound easy.

Duff on rhythm, and the sound's fine, I agree.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Brain might be coming back though...

I don't know how that affects the Bucket situation; last I heard there were rumors that he's having financial problems, medical issues probably tied to that, and lost both of his parents who he was EXTREMELY close to. But from what's being said by insiders is that Brain wants back in and it looks like Frank might be out.

Who knows though. I'd like to see Brain back. My favorite GN'R drummer.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
misterID wrote:

Brain might be coming back though...

I don't know how that affects the Bucket situation; last I heard there were rumors that he's having financial problems, medical issues probably tied to that, and lost both of his parents who he was EXTREMELY close to. But from what's being said by insiders is that Brain wants back in and it looks like Frank might be out.

Who knows though. I'd like to see Brain back. My favorite GN'R drummer.

I really think Fortus is the best underestimated guitar player in Guns... his feeling and taste when creating is fantastic... And he is technically capable of reproducing any of the shreds, just pay attention to his solo spot with Guns...

Regarding his feel and good taste, watch this:

misterID: which insiders are saying that? haven't seen anything on the forums so far but I don't look too much into them anyway smile would like to know more tho

Board footer