You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Ron leaving the band after Vegas?

-D- wrote:

Nice guy good cover player but his ability to write is very avg. Most of what I hate on CD is something he did like that God awful raping of Catcher.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Lomax wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I would take the HOF band plus Axl. Who is down for that?

The only line-up that would make sense. But Axl should practice more, I don't want his sub-par performances to ruin it.

What a fucking idiot.

Shut up, faggot.

johndivney wrote:

seriously mikka? ffs, grow up.
& not just the stupid faggot comment - the stupid lameass comment about axl needing to practice, a stupid boring line you've used about a thousand times already. change the script ffs.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I thought the call on Mikka was unfair, his faggot comment was a bit extreme.

But we all know that Axl, despite signs of recent vocal improvements, could use the most work on himself for a reunion, outside of Steven Adler.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

So what's the deal? Is Ron leaving?

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

I think he said it to someone after the last Vegas show, but I've yet to see anything directly from Ron

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

I think he said it to someone after the last Vegas show, but I've yet to see anything directly from Ron

He supposedly said it was his last show. But that could easily mean it's his last show for awhile since the band has nothing on the schedule right now. I'd say if dates popped up and they interfered with his current plans a decision may need to be made, but it doesn't seem like he's "quit" to me. Ron's an emotional guy. I'm sure he's threatened to quit and been tempted countless times. Maybe he's closest to that point right now. But there's really no reason for him to quit during a down period. And his timing would seem bad at this point. Band is as tight as they've ever been, including Axl.

I also find it comical how Axl has a run of fantastic shows and the usual suspects still refuse to give him his due. He still needs work. He should sing like that all the time. He still can't sing. He's the worst of the originals. Slash is better. He'll never release new music. What a joke the DVD release is.

At least people aren't complaining about his looks anymore. Although I'm a little surprised by that.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:
faldor wrote:

I also find it comical how Axl has a run of fantastic shows and the usual suspects still refuse to give him his due. He still needs work. He should sing like that all the time. He still can't sing. He's the worst of the originals. Slash is better. He'll never release new music. What a joke the DVD release is.

A run of fantastic shows...? 14

He finally gets his shit together the last couple of shows of the Vegas run, mixes up the set, and sings pretty well, but for the majority of it, he's sounded pretty bad, and the setlist has been the same old same old.
What exactly am I supposed to be giving him his due on....?

Fuck man, if Axl came out sounding like shit, but mixed up the setlist right from the get go, or even debuted a new song, I'd give him some due, but it's far too little, too fucking late as far as I'm concerned.

You guys seem to forget, this is AXL FUCKING ROSE, Golden God winner, a legend. The man that took the name because he had the grand plan.
I won't settle for a nostalgia run along the lines of what Motley Crue seem to do these days, from Guns N' Roses. And you wonder why I don't give him his due?

Man, some of you set the bar way fucking low from what Axl Rose could be doing.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
johndivney wrote:

seriously mikka? ffs, grow up.
& not just the stupid faggot comment - the stupid lameass comment about axl needing to practice, a stupid boring line you've used about a thousand times already. change the script ffs.

It's a forum, so grow up and get used to others having different opinions.
When other posters criticize Axl's lame-ass performances it's all good for you. He sucks live, cause he doesn't give a shit and the live shows are his rehearsals. Fact. Now you felt the need to attack me. Classy and not a hypocrit behaviour, congratulations. BTW you only post extremely fresh and well-detailed stuff, lol. Captain America, you'd better start your mission with the one who started the shit.
That stupid little Lomax is trying to provocate me, since he(?) is too far away and I can't beat the shit out of him. It's not the first time. I can't argue with someone who only posts personal attacks, so it was quite normal to answer this way. I know he's probably a 12-year old virgin, sitting in front of daddy's PC, but who cares. I won't hide into my cave and act like nothing would have happened. As soon as his bullshit will be moderated, there will be nothing I'd need to respond.

johndivney wrote:

i couldn't give a shit one way or the other about what opinions you or anyone else has about axl, all i'm saying is it's boring as shit & stupid when you say the same thing over & over again.

you're the one who started the shit.
your initial comment was originally intended to flame & provocate this place & lomax responded, which was obv your intention.

then you took it to another level, showing your stupidity & ignorance.

sorry if you think i was attacking you. i thought i was merely pointing out the obvious - that you're stupid, repetitive & boring. anyone who calls someone else a faggot is obviously p stupid & ignorant. you're boring & trolling w/the same line about axl being the weak link in a reunion lineup. so, what's your problem w/my post exactly??
what is it you want me to do? log in & lol @ faldor or axlins wetdreams about axl? meh, they're welcome to it. you however were just being a dickhead.

personally i've next to zero interest in axl's performances/gnr/a reunion. when i see stupid people saying stupid things, yea, i feel the urge to enter the convo. that's all.

Board footer