You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: Atlas Shrugged

sp1at wrote:

Someone sent me this which I thought was vaguely interesting. It is a sequence of instrumental music owned by Universal Music entitled 'Atlas Shrugged'. Are sequences recorded for GN'R owned by the record company? I do not know. I think it is probably nothing, but I thought I would post it anyway as it is quiet just now

http://m.unippm.fr/en/Browse/Labels/CD% … wId=131512

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

sounds like something gnr would do in the mid 90s. there could be something here.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

Interesting stuff.

Quite like the tone. Did someone once describe Atlas as a glam rock November Rain?

Could fit I guess.

Can your contact be pressed for further info?

Edit - You mind if I pass this around the forums, or is there a chance to get more from your contact?

gavgnr

gavgnr wrote:

Might be something to do with Anne Darken who is a composer.

Ah well, got excited for a bit!

Definitiey sounded like something though listening to the track sad

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

Interesting stuff.

Quite like the tone. Did someone once describe Atlas as a glam rock November Rain?

Could fit I guess.

Can your contact be pressed for further info?

Edit - You mind if I pass this around the forums, or is there a chance to get more from your contact?

No worries, pass it about

The person I got the tip off from will not know anything more. It's just an old friend I work with from time to time

gavgnr

gavgnr wrote:

Cheers, you heard any more info about a release this year? If not, do you think 2015 is still a possibility?

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

Might be something to do with Anne Darken who is a composer.

Ah well, got excited for a bit!

Definitiey sounded like something though listening to the track sad

I would be more interested in the origin on the track.

Did it start out as a stand alone track, or was it an accompaniment? It sounds more like an accompaniment to me, if not for another song, then maybe for a film or tv program.

If Anne Darken is the composer, if I get 5 minutes tomorrow, I'll try and track her down and ask her, just to be sure.

It's a bit of fun and intrigue if nothing else

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

Cheers, you heard any more info about a release this year? If not, do you think 2015 is still a possibility?

It's all very quiet.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
sp1at wrote:
gavgnr wrote:

It's all very quiet.

Yeah 2015 will probably shoot by with no release. Maybe a DVD or something? But it's really quiet.

Interesting piece of music there. Would be awesome if you can track down the composer. Could it be a part of a new tune that the composer worked on with/for Axl?

With the luck of gnr fans it is probably nothing.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

So, the name of note on this piece is actually Eric Darken, who is a composer and percussionist who has recorded with alot of big names. The one question is, has he worked on any unreleased GN'R material

I will get someone to contact him, and I will report back later.

Board footer