You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: BUMBLEFOOT Says There Are 'Enough Clues Out There'

misterID wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
johndivney wrote:

"he's just gotta have enough guys up onstage to bust out Jungle." & it's prob been that way since, god knows, '06? when BH left? before then?!

in those fleeting interviews or q&a's he said he wanted a band. maybe that was way back w/kurt loader in '99??
these days the band is a touring band. Bumble even says if there is an album it's old stuff.

so there you have the state of the 'band'.

Axl's band were the guys who wrote and recorded CD in '98-'01. Robin was his Randy Rhodes. Bucket was... well, Bucket. He fell for their guitar sounds, and both were zany enough people to appeal to him.

Both Robin leaving in '99 and Bucket in '04 were bitter moments for Axl. He appeared to have felt they would've been as eager to forge on with Guns as he was.

Ron was hired at the last minute when they failed to get Bucket (or any other proper replacement). Axl probably liked Ron well enough as a Gilby. However, he only had Ron play on existing tracks. Never taking in guitar riffs to cut-n'-paste 'new songs', like with DJ and Fortus.

Ron's job was to finish what Bucket had started (and left hanging), and he did that much.

Ironic. Ron got a good dose of Guns management right off the bat in 2004, when he blurted out to his fans that he's in talks with Guns. Then, they shovelled him enough money to forget about it in 2006. He knew what he was getting into, but he was a fool to think he could change things.

Kudos for trying, tho.

I think waters soured when he kept criticizing the "old music" and started on about writing new stuff. I think publishing was a big issue. A GNR album would sell incredibly more than any of his solo shit put together and it would be a CD deal where he gets paid but nowhere near what he'd get for writing like the other band members.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think waters soured when he kept criticizing the "old music" and started on about writing new stuff. I think publishing was a big issue. A GNR album would sell incredibly more than any of his solo shit put together and it would be a CD deal where he gets paid but nowhere near what he'd get for writing like the other band members.

I'm sure Axl wants the CD stuff out (with whomever playing on them) before anything else. Sitting on them is smart, in a way. I'd imagine the general atmosphere would be more favourable than in 2008. What he'd need to generate massive interest would be Slash on a few tracks.

DJ was always very supportive on the unpublished CD material, whereas Ron talked up a new album by the current lineup through the fans and the press. He certainly had a point, but when has Axl started doing requests? Ron was always saying it how it was with Guns, for better or for worse. It was more against Beta than Axl, specifically, and it's fairly easy to believe Guns management is more about catering Axl than being all-around professional. This has been their way since Alan Niven left.

Then again, remember One Man Mutiny in September, 2010?

Tommy wrote:

Guns N' Roses bassist Tommy Stinson is considering his future with the band after a catastrophic show in Dublin tonight during which the group left the stage for almost 45 minutes at the behest of frontman Axl Rose. Sputnikmusic witnessed Stinson in a heated argument with road manager Del James following the show, which saw the Los Angeles band take to the stage an hour and a half late before leaving after just four songs.

Frontman Axl Rose had threatened to leave when a plastic bottle was thrown on stage at the beginning of 'Welcome to the Jungle,' and stormed off stage when a second was thrown at the conclusion of 'Mr. Brownstone.'

Stinson was heard to shout:

"That's my fucking family up there and he put us in danger again.
"He can't keep doing this. Nothing happened this time, but next time we might not be so lucky.
"This has to stop."

The band returned to stage after a long hiatus, during which a third of the paying audience left, and performed almost a full set. They finally wrapped up at 1am, an hour and half later than the venue's scheduled curfew.[1]

'One Man Mutiny' was inspired by a conversation between our tour manager Del James, Richard Fortus [GUNS N' ROSES guitarist] and myself somewhere in Ireland.[2]

We had an inner-bus conflict going and by the time we got off the bus that morning I was like, "Man if you guys are having a mutiny, don't include me just 'cause you've gotta bitch. When I got my issues I'm a one man mutiny!" And it just kind of stuck in my head. One of our managers, Del James, was laughing at it; he thought it was really funny. I had the words written by the time I got to Brussels.[3]

It had been a rough ride up to that point. The Dublin show was fourth on the European leg, and third to feature stoppages. The first two were Leeds and Reading, during which Guns had some embarrassing curfew moments and a lame ass attempt at rebellion after being notoriously late. All this obviously pissed band members off, as they were the ones actually dodging bottles.

A few shows later, "Bumblefoot's birthday is celebrated with Axl introducing him with "to my far far, and I mean far right, Ron Bumblefoot Thal" [4]. Interesting for Axl to emphasize the 'far right'. Knowing Ron's outspoken nature, it's certain plausible he was involved in the mutiny, with Axl taking note.

It all turned petty and sour in the end. Tommy's approach, the lyrics to One Man Mutiny, is all about being disillusioned about 'what it is'. He should know, he's been with Axl since '98. It's a tough job, which you take for the excess and the payslip.

I won't rest until I'm free of your phony empathy
Look what it's done for you
You think you got the good life
But you ain't fooling me

That rang to me as a dig on the likes of DJ, Frank and Ron; people who came in after the songwriting to become 'very excited' touring members.

misterID

misterID wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm sure Axl wants the CD stuff out (with whomever playing on them) before anything else. Sitting on them is smart, in a way. I'd imagine the general atmosphere would be more favourable than in 2008. What he'd need to generate massive interest would be Slash on a few tracks.

DJ was always very supportive on the unpublished CD material, whereas Ron talked up a new album by the current lineup through the fans and the press. He certainly had a point, but when has Axl started doing requests? Ron was always saying it how it was with Guns, for better or for worse. It was more against Beta than Axl, specifically, and it's fairly easy to believe Guns management is more about catering Axl than being all-around professional. This has been their way since Alan Niven left.

Then again, remember One Man Mutiny in September, 2010?

Tommy wrote:

Guns N' Roses bassist Tommy Stinson is considering his future with the band after a catastrophic show in Dublin tonight during which the group left the stage for almost 45 minutes at the behest of frontman Axl Rose. Sputnikmusic witnessed Stinson in a heated argument with road manager Del James following the show, which saw the Los Angeles band take to the stage an hour and a half late before leaving after just four songs.

Frontman Axl Rose had threatened to leave when a plastic bottle was thrown on stage at the beginning of 'Welcome to the Jungle,' and stormed off stage when a second was thrown at the conclusion of 'Mr. Brownstone.'

Stinson was heard to shout:

"That's my fucking family up there and he put us in danger again.
"He can't keep doing this. Nothing happened this time, but next time we might not be so lucky.
"This has to stop."

The band returned to stage after a long hiatus, during which a third of the paying audience left, and performed almost a full set. They finally wrapped up at 1am, an hour and half later than the venue's scheduled curfew.[1]

'One Man Mutiny' was inspired by a conversation between our tour manager Del James, Richard Fortus [GUNS N' ROSES guitarist] and myself somewhere in Ireland.[2]

We had an inner-bus conflict going and by the time we got off the bus that morning I was like, "Man if you guys are having a mutiny, don't include me just 'cause you've gotta bitch. When I got my issues I'm a one man mutiny!" And it just kind of stuck in my head. One of our managers, Del James, was laughing at it; he thought it was really funny. I had the words written by the time I got to Brussels.[3]

It had been a rough ride up to that point. The Dublin show was fourth on the European leg, and third to feature stoppages. The first two were Leeds and Reading, during which Guns had some embarrassing curfew moments and a lame ass attempt at rebellion after being notoriously late. All this obviously pissed band members off, as they were the ones actually dodging bottles.

A few shows later, "Bumblefoot's birthday is celebrated with Axl introducing him with "to my far far, and I mean far right, Ron Bumblefoot Thal" [4]. Interesting for Axl to emphasize the 'far right'. Knowing Ron's outspoken nature, it's certain plausible he was involved in the mutiny, with Axl taking note.

It all turned petty and sour in the end. Tommy's approach, the lyrics to One Man Mutiny, is all about being disillusioned about 'what it is'. He should know, he's been with Axl since '98. It's a tough job, which you take for the excess and the payslip.

I won't rest until I'm free of your phony empathy
Look what it's done for you
You think you got the good life
But you ain't fooling me

That rang to me as a dig on the likes of DJ, Frank and Ron; people who came in after the songwriting to become 'very excited' touring members.

From what I understand, Ron did give music to Axl and it was all basically rejected, and that he liked some things DJ offered. There was also supposedly a lot of back stabbing from Ron, talking shit about Axl, and having friends of his make digs at the band on social media at his behest. Another thing, and I don't know how true it is, was that a big reason he didn't want to announce he was out of the band was because GNR was a promoting tool for his solo work and the fake supergroup he's in. Like all the interviews he got was for being in GNR but didn't want to talk about GNR.

The part about Tommy and OMM was great.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

There's the other side to the story as well.. It was probably requested for bumble and DJ  (and anyone else we might not know yet) to not announce anything after Vegas since the blue-ray release was right around the corner.

Given the infamous revolving door status gnr already has it could affect potential sales to have a brand new release to feature an already outdated lineup.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Fernando:

Some of the points made on this Forum or others are read and even the most negative ones help in some way. I do apologize if updates aren't as frequently as you would like them to be. But it doesn't mean that there isn't one, just maybe, only maybe that update isn't ready to be made.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Where did he say that? In another forum? Or is that a message to him?

misterID

misterID wrote:
otto wrote:

I saw someone quote it from htgth

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:
otto wrote:

He's been posting there the last couple of days. Nothing groundbreaking though, just joking around for the most part.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:
otto wrote:

He's been posting there the last couple of days. Nothing groundbreaking though, just joking around for the most part.

In a time where they could really use an official statement of some kind or any info really, part of their management fucks around on htgth. So professional.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Gotta love that Team Brazil work ethic. 16

Board footer