You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Slash and Axl friends again?

BLS-Pride wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Does the reaction by the fans change anything however?

They know how much the fans want it. I don't see it having much more of an affect now than previously.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I agree BLS.... Just this is the first time a reunion had a "real" shot.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I'm not sure. If you actually watch the video at the start when Slash is asked he looks more annoyed than dodging, like "oh no, not this again".

The media will run with whatever rumors no matter what the basis. I seen one article suggesting a reunion was inevitable that included "comments Axl made to fans about Slash in 2010", that just happened to be lines from his reply to Madison with the Lesbian part edited out.

The bizarre thing is Richard's comments were getting picked up by sites over the past few days, who think his 2016 comments are about a reunion.

he knew it was coming a mile away due to the revelation of them talking. he is also "laying low" at the moment which is what i was talking about. thats not normal for slash.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Slash is most likely honoring Axl's wishes about not talking. MSL and others were asked not to mention they knew Slash and Axl spoke. It was meant to stay quiet because they, or Axl, didn't want the headache about reunion rumors when they had plans for their own work. I wouldn't try to read anything into it that anything is imminent. They both have plans that doesn't include a reunion.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm confident that they both have plans that do include a reunion, but not until they get through the CD leftovers first and Slash gets his album out.  If official reunion details leak before that, both of those projects are going to be completely ignored.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

A cool first step obviously. ..but a reunion is a whole other level than 2 guys sitting down for lunch or something

There is nothing I would love to see more...just kinda premature imo

There is still at least a disk and a half of cd out there plus slash seems to like pumping out conspirators stuff

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Neemo wrote:

A cool first step obviously. ..but a reunion is a whole other level than 2 guys sitting down for lunch or something

There is nothing I would love to see more...just kinda premature imo

There is still at least a disk and a half of cd out there plus slash seems to like pumping out conspirators stuff

Yeah, it was a step for two guys to reconnect on a personal level, not a professional one. I think that's awesome on its own.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If no reunion just let us know the vault is finally being pried open. Like already mentioned, both these guys need to wrap up what they're doing. These reunion rumors help stoke the fans but I doubt its helping them. Even if Axl is doing nothing I would imagine hearing about this stuff would give him a major headache.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Im still curious to see what's in "the vault" I can't imagine that there is much that we haven't heard from the classic lineup...would be really cool if there was an album of material unheard tho from the 90s

I wanna hear all the "big guns" or whatever the unused cd tracks were referred to as...lol. Soul monster, the general...etc

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Im still curious to see what's in "the vault" I can't imagine that there is much that we haven't heard from the classic lineup...would be really cool if there was an album of material unheard tho from the 90s

I wanna hear all the "big guns" or whatever the unused cd tracks were referred to as...lol. Soul monster, the general...etc

Yeah I certainly want CD II more than anything else but I really want ALL those old GNR demos in HQ even if they have nothing we haven't heard.  Was mentioned earlier but there are 2 TSI tracks we never got so let that be the cherry on top of a demo box set.

Its time to let it all out like Soundgarden has been doing the past couple years. No sense in letting it rot.

Board footer