You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: Slash and Axl friends again?

polluxlm wrote:

Izzy may have been right when he said a reunion only happens if Axl is broke. Being friendly with Slash is all well and good, but does he want to exchange his freedom for a bigger payday? Does he desire to make more music?

That sorta makes me hope it won't happen, since it could mean that Axl is giving up creatively.

Again I think it depends on the terms of the reconciliation (one of the reasons I'm so interested to hear how it came about).
The reunion has always been the trump card for Axl should he need it financially but would always be the definition of a kicking and screaming cashgrab tour. However if they've made peace on their own terms, and the fact they've tried to keep it hush indicates this imo, then I think that raises the chances of them venturing in to the studio together again.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I just have a hard time imagining Axl relaunching GNR again almost from scratch. DJ gone. BBF gone. Tommy might be gone. Frank recorded(touring?) with Tommy. Fortus doing his thing. He's 53. Do you picture him hanging out while a bunch of guitarists and bass players audition to join a touring lineup that will tour AFD and possibly a 15 year old new album? I want CD II more than anything but other than just unloading it out of the blue or a limited promo plan like with CD, I just don't see how its going to happen.

IMO if CD II is anywhere near a launching pad it will be unveiled in a similar fashion to CD. Album release, no tour. Obviously they toured a year after its release but this situation a bit different obviously.

Also agree with APE, if they are communicating at any level it will be hard for them to pass up something resembling a reunion in 2017. Its why I'd love some news on CD II. The chances for its release are dwindling fast.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/gen … etire.html

A new report has surfaced regarding the ongoing rumors of classic Guns N' Roses reunion, claiming that vocalist Axl Rose is planning to get the gang back together for an exclusive tour and then retire.

Last year, Radar Online reported that Axl was indeed planning to disband GN'R after wrapping up the Vegas residency.

"Band members have been told their calendars are free following Vegas. Axl is considering retiring and it's done. Band members and support staff were surprised when told the news and are actively looking for work," the source noted.

The new report comes from Axl Rose - Fa Clube, claiming that the singer is "not willing to make live appearances" anymore, and that he's "claiming to no longer have the voice to tour. Rose would like to take the rest of his life in peace in Malibu."

The source further points out that the reunion trek would consist of a smaller number of shows, as well as that guitarist Izzy Stradlin was already contacted about the whole matter.

There's been a lot of weird stuff circulating the web on this matter, as even Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst got involved by saying that he was the one who reconciled Axl and Slash, recently adding that he has a "strong feeling that there's gonna be a Guns N' Roses tour coming up." You can check him out briefly talking about GN'R here.

In related news, GN'R bassist Tommy Stinson recently said that the group's current lineup is basically over. As widely reported, this whole thing started with Slash saying that he's back on friendly terms with Rose.

Really, it's just hearsay, but not totally unbelievable.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Rex wrote:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/gen … etire.html

A new report has surfaced regarding the ongoing rumors of classic Guns N' Roses reunion, claiming that vocalist Axl Rose is planning to get the gang back together for an exclusive tour and then retire.

Last year, Radar Online reported that Axl was indeed planning to disband GN'R after wrapping up the Vegas residency.

"Band members have been told their calendars are free following Vegas. Axl is considering retiring and it's done. Band members and support staff were surprised when told the news and are actively looking for work," the source noted.

The new report comes from Axl Rose - Fa Clube, claiming that the singer is "not willing to make live appearances" anymore, and that he's "claiming to no longer have the voice to tour. Rose would like to take the rest of his life in peace in Malibu."

The source further points out that the reunion trek would consist of a smaller number of shows, as well as that guitarist Izzy Stradlin was already contacted about the whole matter.

There's been a lot of weird stuff circulating the web on this matter, as even Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst got involved by saying that he was the one who reconciled Axl and Slash, recently adding that he has a "strong feeling that there's gonna be a Guns N' Roses tour coming up." You can check him out briefly talking about GN'R here.

In related news, GN'R bassist Tommy Stinson recently said that the group's current lineup is basically over. As widely reported, this whole thing started with Slash saying that he's back on friendly terms with Rose.

Really, it's just hearsay, but not totally unbelievable.

The guy who reported that is a troll on MSLs site. BS.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

If there's a modicum of truth to that 'article', I think we can rule out a new album or EP from a reformed GN'R. Which would be a shame. But history tells us Axl doesn't release new Guns material willy-nilly. I can absolutely see Slash, Duff , Izzy and whoever sits on the drumstool working up another classic in a matter of weeks. The best chance of new material with this lineup is giving those boys carte blanche access to CD2 while working up a few unreleased ones from their hey-day perhaps? 'Ain't going down' anyone? Any others that were mentioned in the day that never saw the light of day? I know some are vehemently opposed to having Slash et al contribute to that era, but I think it's the best chance we have.

The biggest obstacle to anything occurring is surely the legal mess. Considering how long it took Axl to disentangle himself from the original lineup, there must be clauses and outs everywhere for these types of scenarios. He's spent most of his adult life litigating Guns related issues - hard to see him just undoing all of that.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Not gonna lie...The Durst point made me laugh. 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

These online media outlets are just reading fan sites to create these articles.  They've done it before, they'll do it again. We're not going to get any concrete info until Axl, Slash, or someone close to them comments further on the situation.

Jimmy, sounds like you are suggesting a scenario similar to VH releasing an album. Cherry pick from all the unreleased stuff. Not opposed to it in general but I really dont want CD II tampered with by classic GNR. CD II should have been released right after CD or actually released with CD. Its been 7 years which is crazy. I still have some hope in its release but if some sort of reunion happens first, we're never getting it. Its too late for a fall release so I guess best case scenario would be next summer.

I wish Axl would confirm or quash this Slash situation.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

James Lofton wrote:

These online media outlets are just reading fan sites to create these articles.  They've done it before, they'll do it again. We're not going to get any concrete info until Axl, Slash, or someone close to them comments further on the situation.

Jimmy, sounds like you are suggesting a scenario similar to VH releasing an album. Cherry pick from all the unreleased stuff. Not opposed to it in general but I really dont want CD II tampered with by classic GNR. CD II should have been released right after CD or actually released with CD. Its been 7 years which is crazy. I still have some hope in its release but if some sort of reunion happens first, we're never getting it. Its too late for a fall release so I guess best case scenario would be next summer.

I wish Axl would confirm or quash this Slash situation.

I would love a VH ADKoT scenario since that album was fantastic. Just only with CD II/vault material or the 95'/96' demos with some Izzy's songs that were given to Axl. Not both concepts combined. I want to see the rest of Bucket and Robin's output. Atlas, Silkworms, Soul Monster, Seven, Jackie Chan, The General, all that jazz. Like others have said, release the CD sessions finished up, and then do whatever pre-CD GNR reunion material if there is any that's salvageable.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

If Axl and Slash do play together again I can't see them not recording something, even just a single.

AtariLegend wrote:

Questionable whether this means anything, but Slash's brother just said this according to MYGNR.

12011216_935765729826591_8835829877368949103_n.jpg?oh=c4b66f6101d47b4725f31ad022b5fe2d&oe=56AAD772&__gda__=1450748611_44d363adbe580dcf3131f083eb10e3bd

Board footer