You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Slash and Axl friends again?

Aussie wrote:
Cramer wrote:

My primary concern for a reunion would be new music. I'd much rather hear new music with the original band, then the "CDII" which I think will probably suck anyway. If it was any good, it would have come out first. Just my opinion...

Yeah as much as I would take a reunion just to see them onstage together, it would be somewhat empty and a waste without at least them getting in the studio and writing and releasing some new material as well.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Heath

A Private Eye

I think the most interesting thing in all this is how quiet it's all been kept. I know it's not a reunion announcement but Axl Rose and Slash making up is still big fucking news in certain quarters of the music industry. Yet by all accounts it happened nearly a year ago and excluding a few sketchy whispers and this report we hadn't heard a peep.

To me that suggests it's being deliberately kept quiet or 'managed' to put it another way. Perhaps i'm getting ahead of things but combined with Ron and DJ bailing in recent months I think all roads are heading towards a reunion.

Von

Von wrote:

For real though, as a lifelong fan, just the news of this made me tear up. Today is a good day.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I think the most interesting thing in all this is how quiet it's all been kept. I know it's not a reunion announcement but Axl Rose and Slash making up is still big fucking news in certain quarters of the music industry. Yet by all accounts it happened nearly a year ago and excluding a few sketchy whispers and this report we hadn't heard a peep.

To me that suggests it's being deliberately kept quiet or 'managed' to put it another way. Perhaps i'm getting ahead of things but combined with Ron and DJ bailing in recent months I think all roads are heading towards a reunion.

I don't know. As much as I believed and hoped for it when I read the news on Saturday, we may still be a ways off. In fact, it may never happen, at least not on a grand scale. Maybe they'll play at some major event someday and that'll be it. Slash is working on a 3rd album with Myles. He doesn't seem anxious to stop with that. Fortus says next year should be an exciting year for GNR. Unless he's talking about Slash joining the current lineup, whatever that may be. But it would seem that the plan is still to release the leftover Chinese material and more touring. If that actually happens remains to be seen.

Dream scenario, so obviously won't happen, would be for Robin and Bucket to return for one run. Release the rest of the Chinese leftovers and tour them properly. Maybe even a little promotion. Do that for the next year, and then reunite with the AFD lineup for its 30th anniversary. Way too much, in way too little time, I realize. Would be great though, wouldn't it?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Posted over at HTGTH by HBK, FWIW. A lot is lost in translation with his posts, interviews like this done overseas, etc. Who knows what to believe? The question posed to Slash did appear to come out of nowhere. How did some rogue reporter from Sweden know that Slash and Axl were "friends" again? The whole situation seems odd. Still hope it's true, but I'm not sold.

No link was provided, so I'm not sure exactly where this comes from.

The worldwide music press - including this vehicle - created great excitement from the early hours of last Friday [21 August] to yesterday morning, when began circulating the net a video in which the guitarist Breton SLASH is interviewed by a Swedish reporter - FRASSE Levinsson - and voice when asked about the supposed end of the long malaise distilled with his former bandmate W. AXL ROSE: "Probably had passed the time, you know? But it is very cool, at this point, dissipating all that negative stuff that was going on for so long. "

As would be expected, the forums created by fans of the band and they are scattered and in full swing across the web began to see, review and analyze the video and it was not long that certain suspicions began to raise certain odor of sulfur coming from the video posted by site Aftonbladet, which is the online portal of a traditional newspaper of Stockholm.

As mentioned yesterday, Slash was in Sweden for the third time this year in order to participate in a jam with a local band [Graveyard] at the launch party of the first smartphone model MARSHALL mark when granted an interview to the publication. Your answers are completely genuine and authentic, the technical and expert point of view, but a detail draws the attention of those who pay a little more attention to edit the end of the video.

Soon after the Levinsson [he would have family in Goiás?] Ask, "I heard you made peace with Axl Rose. How that was possible after all these years? "There is a cut 'dry' as they say in the journalistic jargon, succeeded by Slash response, suggesting that the interview was not published in its entirety and the end result leads to misinterpretation. Although there has been no negligence on the part of the editor, some hypotheses can be launched on the case:

- The reporter was reprimanded or corrected by former Velvet Revolver to asks him about his rapprochement Rose [after all, was Slash's visit to Axl's house in an attempt - unsuccessful - to talk with vocalist years ago, no one ever commented anything about some kind of episode] and then the interviewer may have been referring to the guitarist's appearance on "This Morning" program, the US television network CBS last May; the occasion, Slash promoted the video for 'Beneath The Savage Sun' and was eventually asked by the presenter on a possible meeting of the classic lineup of Guns N 'Roses, and said "Never say never. It's one of those things that is spoken by everyone but us, the last 18 or 19 years "When the hostess insisted on the issue, wondering if Axl participated in these discussions, he told," Well, we have not talked in a long time, but much of the tension has dissipated. We no longer have these problems. There is much controversy. It is more perpetuated by the media, more than anything else. "

Gossip/Rumors/Markenting... The Saga Continues, Poor Reporter !!!

hihi rofl hihi

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

2015-08-27%2015.23.23_zpsjr4cqxbs.png

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I haven't paid any attention to Twitter in years. Does she post pics of old GNR on a regular basis or is this a rarity?

Means nothing if its frequent. If not.....

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Just looked cant see any other ones

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

None of this is coincidence.  We all know that doesn't mean plans can't fall apart in the GnR world, but something is in the works.

Board footer