You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: RUMOR: GN'R Reunion @ Soundwave

misterID wrote:

Adler would probably do a few shows at a club gig, that could be the extent of a reunion, but a tour Inwould guees would be a hybrid of new and old, I can see Frank, Pitman and Richard involved.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I'm still unconvinced there ever will be a reunion.

I'm not convinced either but we've definitely taken a large step closer.

As far as Adler goes, IMO they should not tell him at all until like a week or so before it happens. If a reunion is ever in the works he is a huge risk at derailing the train before it leaves the station.

Smoking Guns wrote:

Looks like Matt is not involved, if he was that loud mouth would have already a spilled the beans.

Good point but like Adler he should be kept in the dark until absolutely necessary. Honestly I would rather have Adler in the reunion. I saw that 91 lineup and would much rather see the originals if it happens. I think we would all understand if Sorum gets picked over Adler.

Adler deserves to be involved. If they're not going to use him for a tour I think he should at least get to do the whole first show when the entire planet will be tuned in. It's all the guy has ever wanted. I'd like to know Axl's current feelings towards that asinine lawsuit from Adler although we know they hung out in 2006(07?).

misterID wrote:

I can see Frank, Pitman and Richard involved.

I don't want any members of the CD lineup involved. If Izzy declines to be involved I hope they call Gilby. I don't want Fortus anywhere near it but I could see why they might go with him. He looks like Izzy and would be so low key during it casual fans filling stadiums/arenas might even think he is Izzy. Drummer wise they don't need Frank. If Adler cant do it or they don't want him to there's no reason that Sorum cant handle it.

I know the big enchiladas of a reunion are Axl and Slash but there will be complaints from fans and media if other members from 87-91 are left out.

One little interesting tidbit of a reunion would be if Adler is involved and of course Dizzy for obvious reasons, it will be the first time the two of them will have performed together.

misterID

misterID wrote:

That's why I see it as Slash rejoining the band than a reunion. Axl will never play with those guys again. I just can't see it. He basically said once a reunion would basically be Duff and Slash, and the public would accept that, with no offense to Izzy. I think that's a big tip off of what a reunion would look like.

Sky Dog wrote:

The whole reunion thing is bullshit anyway...don't care if Slash is playing nice. Nobody gives a flying fuck about Gilby...get OVER it already...NOT in the conversation...he is only number 3 in the long list of hired hands. Gnr's first real reunion show WON'T be at a crap festival in Australia...are you kidding me? Comical.

Baby steps...let's get the rest of Chinese THEN tear the house of cards down. Thanks for letting me share...

ps Why is my screen white in the threads? Can't read anyone's posts.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

James, great point about Dizzy and Adler. Slash and Axl is the huge draw. I prefer Matt to Frank. Everyone loves Gilby and Gilby isn't a good lead player, Fortus is. I am fine with any 87-93 lineup. And hell no if someone suggests Dave Kushner.

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

That's why I see it as Slash rejoining the band than a reunion. Axl will never play with those guys again. I just can't see it. He basically said once a reunion would basically be Duff and Slash, and the public would accept that, with no offense to Izzy. I think that's a big tip off of what a reunion would look like.

Interesting. It would work obviously but there will be complaints although I think no matter what he does there will be complaints. 16

Sky Dog wrote:

The whole reunion thing is bullshit anyway...don't care if Slash is playing nice. Nobody gives a flying fuck about Gilby...get OVER it already...NOT in the conversation...he is only number 3 in the long list of hired hands. Gnr's first real reunion show WON'T be at a crap festival in Australia...are you kidding me? Comical.

Baby steps...let's get the rest of Chinese THEN tear the house of cards down. Thanks for letting me share...

I am also in the group of fans that want the album. I ONLY care about new material but I have always said if we are going to be force fed nostalgia tours I would rather he just go balls deep into a reunion and do it right. Seeing original GNR has always been on my bucket list though.

I don't think anyone cares about Gilby either but he's the logical choice after Izzy. Go up to a random GNR fan and ask them about GNR guitarists and if they know any besides Slash and Izzy it will be Gilby, not Huge, Fortus, Finck, or even Bucket.

ps Why is my screen white in the threads? Can't read anyone's posts.

I'll look into this. Do any other members have this problem? If any lurkers are having this problem please chime in.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

All is good on both Iphone and PC.....

I want the final album as well, but he should call it Axl Rose and not GNR that way he can go straight into Reunion mode.

James

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

James, great point about Dizzy and Adler. Slash and Axl is the huge draw. I prefer Matt to Frank. Everyone loves Gilby and Gilby isn't a good lead player, Fortus is. I am fine with any 87-93 lineup. And hell no if someone suggests Dave Kushner.

I almost said Navarro. 14 Not going to happen but an extremely remote possibility. He was who Axl wanted originally to replace Izzy but settled on Gilby and of course there's the 1999 OMG connection to GNR plus other ex members know him as well.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Grown men will weep seeing Slash and Axl on stage again, I don't think anyone will care about anyone else in the band, even Duff!

SG, if people start demanding Axl drop the GNR name for CD II is the perfect way to kill any chance at a reunion. Getting butt hurt at this point about the name is meaningless. And we're talking about down the road because Axl AND Slash have their own projects they're concentrated on. This isn't the time to rock the boat.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I agree Mr.ID, just thought it may make the reunion go smoother vs having an album to push them push the old band that had nothing to do with CDII

Board footer