You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!

James wrote:

GUNS N ROSES Reunited Lineup Unlikely To Be All Original

GUNS N ROSES have been the subject of continued reunion speculation for several years now, but the whispers become a roar earlier this year when guitarist Slash publicly stated that he and frontman Axl Rose had patched up differences that kept them estranged for nearly two decades.

So what is the future of what used to be rock n roll’s “most dangerous band”?

It is no great secret that a reunion is coming. The pitch has been with concert promoters for several months now, with confirmation coming from a couple of those agents that the band is looking to play select festivals in 2016 before moving onto a larger stadium tour in 2017 – to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the classicAppetite For Destruction album.

But what hasn’t been discussed however, is who exactly will be involved in the reunion. The rumors have all touted a reunion of the “classic” or “original” lineup.

But it’s not what people might have expected.

From everything I have heard from multiple trusted sources, the new Guns N Roses lineup will consist of:

Axl
Slash
Duff

With:
Richard Fortus
Frank Ferrer
Dizzy Reed

Plans are still evolving, but it appears the band is pitching a few high-profile European rock festivals and Coachella in the USA has been mentioned too.

All of this is rumoured until confirmed, but from what I’ve heard, Steven Adler, Izzy Stradlin and Matt Sorum are not going to be involved.

Stay tuned…

http://www.melodicrock.com/articles/new … l-original

James

James wrote:

According to Vicky, Slash says no tour happening now but Coachella is next year. If they are announced as Coachella headliners I am going.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

First and foremost, I'm against a reunion in general due to the fact Axl's voice is not in fighting shape anymore. But beyond that, I'll be annoyed if Izzy isn't involved. That's not a real reunion when one of your most important writers isn't even there. The novelty of Slash and Axl playing together just doesn't appeal to me unless Axl seriously gets his shit together from a vocal standpoint.

James

James wrote:

I'm not a fan of this "hybrid" lineup concept either but if its as good as its gonna get, I'll take it. My main interest is new material(always has been) and if certain people come back and it somehow contributes to getting CD II or SOMETHING released, I'll sure as hell support it.

If no material and its still AFD rehash, I always said if you're gonna feed me nostalgia, bring the guy in the top hat chain smoking Marlboros back and I'll be first in line for tickets.

As far as I'm concerned, its win win. Potential new material and/or a proper nostalgia trip.

Worst case scenario is nothing which is what I expected until CD members started fleeing the band like its the scene of a crime.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I'm not a fan of this "hybrid" lineup concept either but if its as good as its gonna get, I'll take it. My main interest is new material(always has been) and if certain people come back and it somehow contributes to getting CD II or SOMETHING released, I'll sure as hell support it.

I will agree that if we can get an album release from it, then it's a good thing regardless of the touring product. One of the biggest shames in the history of popular music is the reclusive nature of Axl's career. You listen to his trademark Axl vocals on stuff like "Used to Love Her" and it feels like a huge waste of talent for this guy to have barely recorded anything in the last 20 years.

James

James wrote:

The 2009-14 era was a killer. I know a lot of people enjoyed that period but it was obvious to me from the get go that no music was coming out of it and I lost interest immediately.

IMO it was much worse than the prior CD era because at least that felt like it was leading to something, which it did.

If Axl is seriously going to do something, I am aboard his crazy train as long as its heading to a destination.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

If Axl is seriously going to do something, I am aboard his crazy train as long as its heading to a destination.

Ive been on board for 18 years... He's made a few quick stops along the way, but I don't think we'll ever truly get there.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

James Lofton wrote:

GUNS N ROSES Reunited Lineup Unlikely To Be All Original

GUNS N ROSES have been the subject of continued reunion speculation for several years now, but the whispers become a roar earlier this year when guitarist Slash publicly stated that he and frontman Axl Rose had patched up differences that kept them estranged for nearly two decades.

So what is the future of what used to be rock n roll’s “most dangerous band”?

It is no great secret that a reunion is coming. The pitch has been with concert promoters for several months now, with confirmation coming from a couple of those agents that the band is looking to play select festivals in 2016 before moving onto a larger stadium tour in 2017 – to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the classicAppetite For Destruction album.

But what hasn’t been discussed however, is who exactly will be involved in the reunion. The rumors have all touted a reunion of the “classic” or “original” lineup.

But it’s not what people might have expected.

From everything I have heard from multiple trusted sources, the new Guns N Roses lineup will consist of:

Axl
Slash
Duff

With:
Richard Fortus
Frank Ferrer
Dizzy Reed

Plans are still evolving, but it appears the band is pitching a few high-profile European rock festivals and Coachella in the USA has been mentioned too.

All of this is rumoured until confirmed, but from what I’ve heard, Steven Adler, Izzy Stradlin and Matt Sorum are not going to be involved.

Stay tuned…

http://www.melodicrock.com/articles/new … l-original

Jesus I hope this happens. This has been my fantasy "reunion" line-up ever since Fortus joined in the early Noughties; I've always wanted to see Fortus tearing it up onstage with Slash.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Still not sure I buy the assumption Izzy won't be a part of it. I can't see Axl or Slash stopping him being part of it if he wants to be. The only guy who stops him is Izzy himself imo and he's seemed very willing to show up for Axl or Slash shows in the recent past.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

A Private Eye wrote:

Still not sure I buy the assumption Izzy won't be a part of it. I can't see Axl or Slash stopping him being part of it if he wants to be. The only guy who stops him is Izzy himself imo and he's seemed very willing to show up for Axl or Slash shows in the recent past.

While I admit to a bit of wishful thinking where a Fortus/Slash combo is concerned (imagine KOHD with Fortus' rhythm lines and Slash's solos! JUST IMAGINE IT!) – I'm convinced that Izzy would do the same thing he's done with Velvet Revolver and GN'R in the recent past. He'll show up for guest spots every so often and then vanish into the ether again.

The album is the big sticking point here. I know every fanboy wants closure, wants to hear the Chinese leftovers with Bucket and Finck and Bumblefoot, but... reuniting with Slash and then promoting an album with no Slash on it is just insane. As is the idea that Axl would just let Slash plop overdubs over the existing material without making any writing contributions. If this is happening, they need to tear everything up and start again. We know they have plenty of material; all the Axl recordings from new GN'R; the Velvet Revolver stuff they recorded with Corey Taylor; hell, bring Izzy in for some writing/guest spots. That album would be a guaranteed moneyspinner. A Slash-free Chinese Democracy II wouldn't.

Board footer