You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Coachella Festival profile and rumours

tejastech08 wrote:

I really hope Izzy is involved since I don't consider it GN'R without him, but I also hope Adler is involved for his sanity. I think he will hurt himself if they don't let him be part of this. Plus he was the perfect drummer for Appetite. He can still play those songs very well.

Why the hell is there a big thread on MYGNR that says "re-branded" in the thread title?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I really hope Izzy is involved since I don't consider it GN'R without him, but I also hope Adler is involved for his sanity. I think he will hurt himself if they don't let him be part of this. Plus he was the perfect drummer for Appetite. He can still play those songs very well.

Why the hell is there a big thread on MYGNR that says "re-branded" in the thread title?

Joke, they were sick of people saying no reunion if no izzy so they just renamed to stop the bitching.  So they are messing around.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Joke, they were sick of people saying no reunion if no izzy so they just renamed to stop the bitching.  So they are messing around.

Haha, that would be funny. A moderator came in there and explained to me that it was supposed to be "rebanded" instead of "rebranded." They changed it in the thread title. Makes a lot more sense now, but your joke theory is good too. I was so confused when I first logged on there. Haven't read a thing about GN'R during the holidays.

One thing that's interesting about this. Anyone notice the huge nostalgia push lately? Jurassic World doubled everyone's expectations with a $650m domestic gross. Star Wars is blowing away even the highest expectations people had for it and will likely end up with $1 billion domestic. That's two massive brands from the 80's and early 90's that came back with a huge vengeance this year. Maybe GN'R could make it a trio of massive brands to make a huge comeback. Rock and roll is fucking dead...but maybe GN'R can provide a little jolt of lightning at least.

AtariLegend wrote:

They decided to merge almost every new thread together, unfortunately most of it's spammed nonsense. You'd struggle to follow along unless you were around months ago.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Haha I wouldn't get my hopes up how well handled this thing will be, or even going forward from it - let's not mistake this for another nonexistent masterplan, esp before it's even launched.

Its already different and its only begun. Looks like a massive promo blitz is in its opening stages. Nothing like this was ever done during the CD era and the reaction to what's happening shows the potential it has.  It isn't a nonexistent master plan. There's an actual plan in place and its moving forward piece by piece.

It deserves to be sold professionally. Always did. The CD era caused people to lower their expectations because of the way it was handled.  GNR always had the potential to be the next Stones and they seem to be pushing it as such. No more waiting for updates from assistants or monitoring Del James tweets. No more Scooby Doo mystery. Its going to be a real band that us fans get to follow instead of some bizarre story that you sit back and watch unfold.

I get your point about U2 but I meant that it will be on that scale.....and I have a feeling we'll be getting limited editions of albums....AFD for starters.

Sorry man, no way anyone with half a brain would go with that strategy. No company that is going to insure or invest in a reunion would be okay with that. Dude is a wreck, even on his good days. Sorum ain't happening.

I agree there are legitimate reasons why the chances look slim but I think he has a shot until its been officially confirmed he's out and has no chance of appearing in the future. Adler has been silent lately and that is a sign of something IMO.

IMO worst case scenario they toss him a bone and have him appear at Coachella or something.

I suppose it's possible that the hybrid line-up could tour in 2016, and that for the AFD anniversary they could do a one-off show with the original line-up.

I agree. Something special will happen at some point in 2017. I remember a few years back Metallica did one bay area show honoring their past and had ex members, played deep cuts,etc. Same could happen with GNR.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

How is bringing Sorum and Adler in a bad thing. If Adler can't handle it the tour continues with NO issues

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

This shit isn't waiting till 2017. We haven't even started 2016 yet. Sheesh

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

How is bringing Sorum and Adler in a bad thing. If Adler can't handle it the tour continues with NO issues

Main reason - Adler will fuck up. That's a guarantee. If they play new stuff, Adler doesn't have the chops for it. He's good at appetite stuff. I'm not sure he could pull off a lot of UYI stuff to be honest. Also, with Steven in the band it's just a cash grab moment with no future. Sorum is a douche, Axl doesn't seem to like him. Or his drumming. Tbh, personally, I've never liked his drumming either. It would be a step backwards, IMHO.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Its going to be a real band that us fans get to follow instead of some bizarre story that you sit back and watch unfold.

I get where you are coming from, but the unpredictability and volatility of GN'R was always part of what made them interesting to watch. Obviously they had amazing music to back up the antics and riots, etc. But I don't think GN'R will ever be just some boring ass predictable band like U2 or something.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Main reason - Adler will fuck up. That's a guarantee. If they play new stuff, Adler doesn't have the chops for it. He's good at appetite stuff. I'm not sure he could pull off a lot of UYI stuff to be honest. Also, with Steven in the band it's just a cash grab moment with no future. Sorum is a douche, Axl doesn't seem to like him. Or his drumming. Tbh, personally, I've never liked his drumming either. It would be a step backwards, IMHO.

I wouldn't mind seeing AFD in its entirety in the middle of the show featuring Adler but I don't know how they could work that into a set list. Other than CD, an AFD track has usually been the opener although on the first leg of UYI 91 they were using RNDTH.

You do have a point on UYI. Adler has not played anything from it on his tours. He seems to stick to AFD and I don't think he even does anything from Lies.

I'm with SG though. I think he's going to be included somehow. He'd be bitching right now if he wasn't.

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Its going to be a real band that us fans get to follow instead of some bizarre story that you sit back and watch unfold.

I get where you are coming from, but the unpredictability and volatility of GN'R was always part of what made them interesting to watch. Obviously they had amazing music to back up the antics and riots, etc. But I don't think GN'R will ever be just some boring ass predictable band like U2 or something.

They're in their 50s though.  They have a shot at becoming the Stones for this generation.

I think the riots, late starts,etc. are over.

I'm looking forward to proper updates, releases, interesting set lists, and members actually being able to comment about the band they are in.

Board footer