You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Coachella Festival profile and rumours

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

They're in their 50s though.  They have a shot at becoming the Stones for this generation.

I think the riots, late starts,etc. are over.

I'm looking forward to proper updates, releases, interesting set lists, and members actually being able to comment about the band they are in.

It makes me sad how they basically wasted 20 years doing nothing.

On the Adler topic, there has to be a way where you can work him into some shows and let him participate without totally depending on him not to fuck him.

Maybe he plays select shows while the other guy (Sorum or Frank, doesn't really matter to me that much) does the rest.  I still think Izzy will be involved.  He said that he would be up for a reunion years ago.  Don't see why he would change his mind now.

I wish Izzy would do it just to silence all the people saying he hates touring. 16 I do know they need him if they have any plans to work on new material in the future. When they tried working on new material without him in 94 it didn't work out too well. 16

If they leave out Adler I can understand the reasons. Tons of drama with him back then. On the flip side you can understand the reasons why they might want to include him.

Adler AND Sorum are very quiet right now. They're either in or don't want to say anything to jeopardize their chances at a later date.

They will never be the Stones. They blew that all to hell in the mid-90's when they imploded on themselves. I say that as someone who strongly prefers the limited GN'R catalog to the vast Stones catalog. I like the Stones' hits but can't make it through their deep cuts. Guns from 86-91 had one of the most incredible runs ever IMHO. Crazy thing is a lot of their best stuff flies under the radar.

If they can pull off a successful stadium tour here and then a world tour I think they are up there at that level. We could be looking at a 5-10 year window here depending on how it plays out.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

More on the Coachella radius clause http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_b … r-all.html

For Coachella, run by our city's own Goldenvoice, multiple managers have confirmed that the radius clause takes effect when the contract is inked, meaning that if a band signs on for Coachella in January, it cannot play the Los Angeles market again until about 30 days after the festival concludes.

So theoretically speaking, GN'R can play another LA date 30 days after the festival ends. We still also have this Roxy anomaly. The small, normally chatty, Goldenvoice venue is still quiet.

On other headliners, people are still strong on Calvin Harris alongside a famous female singer. A few people still think Adele. GN'R are supposedly playing on the Saturday, although I would have thought Sunday would be better.

As for the Las Vegas date, I have spoken to a friend who promotes in the US, and he thinks the date will be April due to how tours there are organised. If GN'R are to play BST Hyde Park, it would probably be Friday 1st July, so 24 dates and Canada would need to be done by then. I have asked someone who knows more about Reading asking if they would pay the 5-6 million pounds GN'R would expect for a festival date. I do not think they would pay that, but who knows. The Sun are still strong on Slane for Ireland. Roskilde appears to be the only other festival that GN'R could play financially. There would have to be some give and take for Rock in Rio and other festivals

South American dates are usually played March/April or October time by GN'R looking at their historical dates, so there is nothing to say they will go straight to S America after N America. It looks as though it will be Europe after the US, then the rest of the world.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I think AC/DC are playing stand alone shows at the Etihad and Olympic stadiums next year. Could they be possible UK venues?

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I think AC/DC are playing stand alone shows at the Etihad and Olympic stadiums next year. Could they be possible UK venues?

I think standalone shows are equally as viable.

I am not sure about the Olympic stadium. AEG went into that with Tottenham Hotspur with a plan for the stadium, but it fell through. They may avoid it. The Etihad in Manchester is a good option. The ACDC concert you mentioned is listed on their website (whereas the Olympic Park one isn't) so if GN'R play Manchester, the Etihad looks a likely option.

AtariLegend wrote:

Assuming Adler isn't there, which we don't know yet. Should we not discuss more than his ability to play to play Appetite in bars and small venues in 2016 such as the reasons he got fired?

The lawsuits (and other court cases), the repeated out bursts every other interview, Erin, the relapses every several months, Slash's own comments about Adler in his autobiography (as to why they fired him), Adler's believe that even Duff doesn't like him (a few months ago).

Adler isn't going to make a difference to ticket sales regardless of what cynics (online think). Neither is Matt, but he'd probably want paid more than Frank would.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I think it's more sentiment with Adler than anything. It would be nice for the fans and for him to see him up there. In reality though as you say it makes no real difference to ticket sales or 99% of fans who's behind the drum kit.

Izzy for me is the big one, it does matter if he's up there. Even none die hards are saying Izzy should be there to call it GNR. For me it's more about moving forward, if there's a hope of ongoing new material I think Izzy needs to be in the fold.

AtariLegend wrote:

Tonight is the last night of Slash's tour if I remember the dates right (which I wouldn't be shocked if I didn't)? So any chance there's a reference to this?

It's at the House of Blues.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I don't think either of them won the war. Both of their careers could have been so much better had everything not went to shit in 94.

That's the truth. Axl is one of the biggest wastes of talent in music history, while Slash put out a lot of generic music that would have benefited a lot from not only Axl's input but Izzy too.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

LA Weekly says Izzy will not (or doesn't want to) be involved, which I find hard to believe he won't be involved in some capacity. If anything, I think it could give credence to Slash and Duff rejoining the band and moving forward as an actual band that releases music, and not a touring act.

http://www.laweekly.com/music/guns-n-ro … re-6428896

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Assuming Adler isn't there, which we don't know yet. Should we not discuss more than his ability to play to play Appetite in bars and small venues in 2016 such as the reasons he got fired?

The lawsuits (and other court cases), the repeated out bursts every other interview, Erin, the relapses every several months, Slash's own comments about Adler in his autobiography (as to why they fired him), Adler's believe that even Duff doesn't like him (a few months ago).

Adler isn't going to make a difference to ticket sales regardless of what cynics (online think). Neither is Matt, but he'd probably want paid more than Frank would.

His presence alone does have an impact though. It can be marketed as the AFD lineup. Remove him and it cant. They might not even be looking at it in those terms but his name does bring something to the table.

Adler's playing of AFD in bars is relevant. Can he learn UYI-TSI and brush up on Lies in a few months time? Might be easy for your average drummer but he's not the average drummer. 16

His recent outbursts might kill his chances more than some of those other things that happened 20+ years ago. A few months ago he was about as unprofessional as it gets. I assume someone told him to keep his mouth shut.

LA Weekly says Izzy will not (or doesn't want to) be involved, which I find hard to believe he won't be involved in some capacity.

If Izzy isn't involved then Adler wont be either. It only makes sense to possibly include Adler if Izzy is there.

We need an official announcement. 14

Board footer