You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Coachella Festival profile and rumours

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am currently reading Duff's Book It's So Easy. Wow!  Amazing read.

Factoid for Lofton

On the Hell Tour Guns watched Sound Garden plan and after their set they asked if they could Jam on their gear since their gear never made it. They said no. Haha.... The stories in this book will make you laugh and cry and hate drugs. But they loved each other and they really liked Adler too early on. Was Slash's best friend and Duff really became close with him. I can't wait to read the rest!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:
faldor wrote:

Supposedly Matt Sorum is sitting in with the band on The Late Show with Seth Myers next week. Could just be a coincidence, but seems like convenient timing with everything turning up Guns N' Roses lately.

I can say pretty confidently that Matt isn't going to be a part of the official line up.

I wouldn't think he'd be the main guy, and who knows how Axl truly feels about him. If he still hates him, then he probably won't be involved at all. But as we've seen, Axl can actually be quite forgiving or at least change his mind about people. So we'll see.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I am currently reading Duff's Book It's So Easy. Wow!  Amazing read.

Factoid for Lofton

On the Hell Tour Guns watched Sound Garden plan and after their set they asked if they could Jam on their gear since their gear never made it. They said no. Haha.... The stories in this book will make you laugh and cry and hate drugs. But they loved each other and they really liked Adler too early on. Was Slash's best friend and Duff really became close with him. I can't wait to read the rest!

I need to read that book. 

I know Adler had a ghost writer but maybe I should pick his up too.

Sorum being on The Late Show could be a huge coincidence but I think all options are on the table at this point. Even if Sorum is going to only have a minor role down the line, he is great at promoting things.  Let him help out in that regard.

James

James wrote:

jazjme saw Frank in NY and apparently he will be at Coachella.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I hope frank is just there as a backup.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I hope frank is just there as a backup.

Sorry man, I'm pretty certain the band is going to be the hybrid.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I will believe when I see it. Maybe 3 drummers?!?!?  Frank CD, Matt UYI, Adler AFD???

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I will believe when I see it. Maybe 3 drummers?!?!?  Frank CD, Matt UYI, Adler AFD???

No. More like Frank is GNRs drummer and will Steven guest. Hell, even with the more believable chatter it should be pretty obvious that if the band is rehearsing, but they're still negotiating with Steven on his role, that it should tell you everything.

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

No. More like Frank is GNRs drummer and will Steven guest. Hell, even with the more believable chatter it should be pretty obvious that if the band is rehearsing, but they're still negotiating with Steven on his role, that it should tell you everything.

This is actually a great point. Rumors that the band was rehearsing months ago and as we know, Adler was pissing and moaning months ago. Having said that, even if they were interested in bringing him on back then they couldn't. He'd spill the beans and ruin it.

I agree its a guest role  or maybe even one or a select group of dates with the AFD 5.  Adler will be involved but we just don't know to what extent.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Adler threw Slash and Duff straight under the bus recently. They have no reason to show him any loyalty other than pity and fear that he might do something really bad to himself if they leave him out in the cold.

Yup. There's a good chance that if Adler is left out completely, he'll off himself via accidental OD or something else. The sorry bit about that Slash, Duff or Axl owe him squat. If the man is unable to take responsibility of his own actions after having reached the age of 50, he's less than deserving to reclaim his old spot on the grounds of having been there 25 years ago.

Adler wrote:

We did do some shows [together with Duff's band, Loaded] in Japan [in 2013], and Duff invited [Steven's current band] ADLER to come down, and I was still drinking then. And the second I got to the airport, I made a beeline for the bar, and I just started doing shots of Jäger. And the whole trip I was sick and I was just a mess... And [Duff] was just so bummed and pissed at me...

And Slash, he doesn't believe that I have 21 months and 21 days sober. He doesn't believe it. I don't know why, but they forget that at one time in their life, they were doing drugs and drinking and they were fucking up.

Adler's argument is that Slash and Duff forget they were all fuck-ups back in the day. Adler himself conveniently forgets Duff has a medical condition for the remainder of his natural life, and that one drink of alcohol may actually kill him. Letting that slide, Adler's defense would only make sense if Duff would be critical on how Adler behaved during his time in Guns - his beef is with those antics in Japan.

Adler wrote:

Asked if it's true that he recently said that he would kill himself if the classic GUNS N' ROSES lineup reunited without him, Adler said: "I would probably feel like I would wanna kill myself, but I wouldn't. I would probably just kill them. [Laughs] 'Cause if I'm not doing it, they're not doing it. If I'm going down, they're going down."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-r … ths-sober/

Adler probably thinks those comments make everyone else fall on top of each other as they rush to give him a contract.

Board footer