You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: Coachella Festival profile and rumours

sp1at wrote:

Well, that completes the Coachella profile. The last thing we needed was behavioural changes in Slash and Duff, and the Eddie Trunk interview is brilliant for that. So:

We know GN'R are doing something, Fernando confirmed that on the forums in August.

We know that the Coachella promoter wants GN'R at the festival, that there is standing offer of 8 million dollars and would pay copious amounts of money to get them at the festival.

We have chatter from other promoters interested in booking GN'R.

We have the necessary wall of silence from appropriate managers and promoters.

We know the rumours for Coachella in December are usually correct for January based on history

We have ruled out 90 per cent of the competition

The wall of silence is indicating possible supporting concerts at large venues and one small venue (something that needs worked on though)

Slash and Duff have gone from openly talking about GN'R, to refusing to talk about GN'R in interviews, to now avoiding friends.

I'll update the first page profile when I get time, and we'll move on to supporting US shows for a week or two

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

I have summarised what I can for now about Coachella in the first post.

So the next questions are, when are the US dates, and what is the shape of the European tour. So far, we have an offer from Rock in Rio, I have one link to Roskilde, we have Slane in Ireland which I presume will happen near to the Reading festival.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

So ready for this to be official...

AtariLegend wrote:

Trunk's been saying that for the past few years. I honestly think he's just guessing, because he assumes it is happening.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

You think Slash and co have been not responding to Trunk for a couple years?? Serious?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
sp1at wrote:

UMG Release Roster - The list also includes a Firepower T-shirt as well., I missed it on the copy. If you want pictures of the T shirts, I can post them

------------------------------------------------------

Artist / Title    Selection #    UPC    Explicit    Release Type    Configurations (P/D)    Release Date (P/D)    Releasing Label     Price Code    Genre   

Guns N' Roses
Use Your Illusion II
00602547707925    True    Digital    eAlbum Audio    12/11/15    Geffen    NA    Rock       

Guns N' Roses
Roses & Pistols - Bk
GNR1005S    00671734102034    False    Physical    Apparel    07/27/15    Bravado    TSE    Apparel       

Guns N' Roses
Roses and Pistols (Black)
GNR1005M    00671734102041    False    Physical    Apparel    07/27/15    Bravado    TSE    Apparel       

Guns N' Roses
Roses & Pistols - Bk
GNR1005L    00671734102058    False    Physical    Apparel    07/27/15    Bravado    TSE    Apparel       

Guns N' Roses
Roses & Pistols - Bk
GNR1005XL    00671734102065    False    Physical    Apparel    07/27/15    Bravado    TSE    Apparel       

Guns N' Roses
Roses & Pistols - Bk
GNR1005XXL    00671734102072    False    Physical    Apparel    07/27/15    Bravado    TSXXL    Apparel       

Guns N' Roses
Bloody Bullet (Black)
GNR1227S    00671734339836    False    Physical    Apparel    07/27/15    Bravado    TSE    Apparel       

Guns N' Roses
Bloody Bullet (Black)
GNR1227M    00671734339843    False    Physical    Apparel    07/27/15    Bravado    TSE    Apparel       

Guns N' Roses
Bloody Bullet (Black)
GNR1227L    00671734339850    False    Physical    Apparel    07/27/15    Bravado    TSE    Apparel       

Guns N' Roses
Bloody Bullet (Black)
GNR1227XL    00671734339867    False    Physical    Apparel    07/27/15    Bravado    TSE    Apparel       

Guns N' Roses
Bloody Bullet (Black)
GNR1227XXL    00671734339874    False    Physical    Apparel    07/27/15    Bravado    TSXXL    Apparel       

Guns N' Roses
Tongue Skull (Black)
12161157S    00671734591036    False    Physical    Apparel    07/27/15    Bravado    TSE    Apparel       

Guns N' Roses
Tongue Skull (Black)
12161157M    00671734591043    False    Physical    Apparel    07/27/15    Bravado    TSE    Apparel       

Guns N' Roses
Tongue Skull (Black)
12161157L    00671734591050    False    Physical    Apparel    07/27/15    Bravado    TSE    Apparel       

Guns N' Roses
Tongue Skull (Black)
12161157XL    00671734591067    False    Physical    Apparel    07/27/15    Bravado    TSE    Apparel       

Guns N' Roses
Tongue Skull (Black)
121611572X    00671734591074    False    Physical    Apparel    07/27/15    Bravado    TSXXL    Apparel       

Guns N' Roses
Mary, Mary (Black)
GNR1289M    00671734393241    False    Physical    Apparel    07/27/15    Bravado    TSE    Apparel       

Guns N' Roses
Mary, Mary (Black)
GNR1289L    00671734393258    False    Physical    Apparel    07/27/15    Bravado    TSE    Apparel       

Guns N' Roses
Mary, Mary (Black)
GNR1289XL    00671734393265    False    Physical    Apparel    07/27/15    Bravado    TSE    Apparel       

Guns N' Roses
Mary, Mary (Black)
GNR1289XXL    00671734393272    False    Physical    Apparel    07/27/15    Bravado    TSXXL    Apparel

This is actually pretty interesting when taking it in a specific context. When Soundgarden reunited, other than that actual first reunion show, only thing that happened before Telephantasm was flooding the market with merch and some re-releases. Why the release of UYI II? Why not both, all, or none? I doubt any of those went out of print.  Now we know the deliberate focus on classic era goes back to at least July.

What's the Mary Mary logo?

sp1at wrote:

Pearl Jam are not responding to questions about Coachella, so they remain in the frame. However, a list of dates was leaked a couple of months back, and although they were touring in April, there was no window for Coachella. It is their 25th anniversary however, so we cannot rule them out completely

It's probably going to be Pearl Jam. Whatever the percentage is of GNR headlining, make that double for PJ.

Thanks for posting this stuff.

Not only does he believe it will happen he thinks it might be imminent, because he has a personal relationship with the guys in the band, not just business but they hang out, they send texts back and fourth, they have lunch together whenever they're in the same town, whatever ,it's public knowledge, but recently none of them are available to do anything, they even stopped responding to text messages. Even Steven Adler who always wants to be on and talk is silent, same with matt sorum, Duff is not responding to any text message and so is slash who is also a personal friend of eddie. This never happened before, therefor an announcement should be imminent and they all have gag orders. and based on all the people taking about the future concerts, it's not difficult to connect the dots. i think they might be waiting for coachella, i really hope so, but listen for yourselves and see what you think.]

Trunk initially said venues were being booked a few months ago. I realize he's an attention whore and many GNR fans(including me) aren't big fans of Trunk, but everything he says cant be discounted just because he wants to be the first to break the story.

Out of everyone being silent, the most interesting one is Adler. However, rather than knowing anything he might just be silent because he's hoping to increase the chances of his involvement although if the reunion negotiations are underway, he would have already been brought into the mix which could also be the cause of his silence.

We know GN'R are doing something, Fernando confirmed that on the forums in August.

Didn't he just say that an announcement would come in 2-4 months? Not an indication of doing anything sadly. In fact, when that new merch hit I was one of those who took that as the coming announcement. 18

We have the necessary wall of silence from appropriate managers and promoters.

The most troubling thing about any "wall of silence" is that in the CD era GNR are known for silence and lack of updates. Silence in and of itself usually means nothing. Take the reunion hoopla out of the equation and people would be expecting nothing. Fans expect nothing from silence yet we've done a 180 on that stance.

I have summarised what I can for now about Coachella in the first post.
So the next questions are, when are the US dates, and what is the shape of the European tour. So far, we have an offer from Rock in Rio, I have one link to Roskilde, we have Slane in Ireland which I presume will happen near to the Reading festival.

I keep saying this but I'll say it again.......2016 plans regarding any festivals will hinge on what happens here. I know everyone likes to fantasize about Download, Leeds, Reading,  etc. but people need to focus on this side of the pond. If there's no activity with Coachella, Lolla, Bonaroo(PJ was announced as their headliner), the chances decrease drastically. Yeah I know in the CD era GNR have headlined Euro festivals without doing any here but a reunion is an entirely different ballgame.

Trunk's been saying that for the past few years. I honestly think he's just guessing, because he assumes it is happening.

Trunk does bring up a reunion every year but this is the first time since 2005 where movement of some sort appears to be taking place. Also take into account that the guy who used to love shooting it down for years(Axl) stays silent even though he talks about all sorts of things on Twitter.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Mary Mary shirt:

71nJQu%2BP9DL._UY500_.jpg

Eddie Trunk knows dick. People not returning his texts. Yep, reunion happening.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Mary Mary shirt:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/7 … UY500_.jpg

What an ugly fucking shirt. Is Classic GNR death metal now?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Mary Mary shirt:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/7 … UY500_.jpg

14 I never liked Trunk. However, we're getting into the "where there's smoke, there's fire" territory though. I'd like to know where his info about venues being booked comes from. At this point he is the only person who said that. I think he said it during one of his interviews with Adler.

About the shirt.....It looks TERRIBLE but I like the concept. Its the "Axl is GNR" thing which I wanted them to do years ago. A cross with only him on it. Way too little and much too late.

Most of the CD era merch has looked horrific. Really amateurish designs. He should have asked Evo member Dreamline to do this stuff. He created that Evo logo at the top by hand and it looks a million times better than the so called official version in 2006.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

Has a band ever headlined Bonnaroo and Coachella in the same year? I have not checked

For me, I would say there is now a good case for GN'R to be at Coachella. If they are reforming, this is where they will get the most money. Bonaroo appear to want to announce Pearl Jam before Pearl Jam announce themselves, so that gives an indication of the mindset of the promoters.

All the people who are chatty are not chatty just now. Sorum and co I can speak to anytime, not speaking. AEG are always more chatty that livenation, but there is a widespread silence there right now whereas livenation are chatty. Dizzy, not speaking. Slash manager and his admin, chatty normally, notso now. The list goes on.

But, with Pearl Jam touring, Tool touring etc, and the fact that LCD could be regarded as a rock band option, I still wouldn't be confident enough to buy a ticket just yet. I am more confident though that at the beginning of the process where the best guess was Iron Maiden

I think in terms of investigating this, I may wait now until Coachella is announced because people may become a bit more open about plans etc.. It may be that GN'R are doing something, but we are looking at the wrong festival.

Board footer